$50 off $100 at Fleming's w/ AMEX (YMMV)

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 12 3 45
  • Text Only
mlf50 said:   How can I tell which of AMEX cards is synced? You probably have to call them. I just "unsynced" my card (with no indication of what it was) then "resynced" and it was accepted.

I got no response from the Twitter Tweet but was immediately "approved" for the deal from my AMEX Costco card.

Thanks, Mister Ed.

Haven't done the AMEX offers in awhile, can I just add it in my account and still get 1 per authorized user card, do still I have to send individual tweets/facebook for each separate AU card, or have multiple redemptions been killed?

anyone have experience using partial gift cards here? I think I can squeeze two visits out of the $100+ $20 cards but the last and only time I used a restaurant gift card I had to jump through loops just to get them to do a drain the gift card and allow me to pay the rest on another card... and this was a to go order at Red Robin.

The AMEX offer states it cannot be an online offer - - - so we can't buy the gift card online right . . . that's what I was hoping to do.

csdx said:   Haven't done the AMEX offers in awhile, can I just add it in my account and still get 1 per authorized user card, do still I have to send individual tweets/facebook for each separate AU card, or have multiple redemptions been killed?[/

Individual - We have two costco/AMEX cards (billing comes on one statement). Both are eligible but we have to accept the offer individually. One we did with facebook the other we did through the AMEX site. But both can be done at the same place. Twitter also works

You cannot buy the $100 GC online and get the $50 credit...is this correct?

You have to purchase the gift card instore? If you purchase the gift card in store do you get the $20 bonus card.

My Flemings is 35 miles away, so I would have to go to the restaurent the night of the reservation, buy the $100 gift card, get $20 bunus card, eat meal, pay with $100 gift card, get $50 statement credit

Higbee said:   You cannot buy the $100 GC online and get the $50 credit...is this correct?

You have to purchase the gift card instore? If you purchase the gift card in store do you get the $20 bonus card.

My Flemings is 35 miles away, so I would have to go to the restaurant the night of the reservation, buy the $100 gift card, get $20 bunus card, eat meal, pay with $100 gift card, get $50 statement credit
Supposedly you cannot buy online inspite of this working in the past when it said online only. Online is processed by Arrow who is a third party and according to others will show on the cc as Arrow/Flemings. Yes, if you purchase in store you get the $20 bonus but you cannot use the bonus card on the same day of purchase.

Higbee said:   You cannot buy the $100 GC online and get the $50 credit...is this correct?

Correct. If you want the $50 statement + $20 bonus card, you need to buy it at the retaruant.

Higbee said:   My Flemings is 35 miles away, so I would have to go to the restaurent the night of the reservation, buy the $100 gift card, get $20 bunus card, eat meal, pay with $100 gift card, get $50 statement credit
Problem with that is the terms says, "Bonus card cannot be used on day of purchase." You'll have to make two separate trips.

Higbee said:   You cannot buy the $100 GC online and get the $50 credit...is this correct? Yes that is correct

You have to purchase the gift card in store? If you purchase the gift card in store do you get the $20 bonus card. Yes - In fact that is the only way you can get it

My Flemings is 35 miles away, so I would have to go to the restaurant the night of the reservation, buy the $100 gift card, get $20 bonus card, eat meal, pay with $100 gift card, get $50 statement credit
Go to the restaurant purchase gift card there you will receive the bonus card. Bonus card can not be used until 5/31 if I remember correctly. You also mention reservation - there are other offers where you make reservations and receive dining credits. Not the same offer as bonus card. Example Flemings in Beverly Hill make reservation and receive $50 dining credit for future visit

Thanks everyone for the help

Great deal !

In for 4....$580 for $200, can't beat it!

jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

wtjc said:   jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

Read the thread. He evidently has 4 cards availale that have the offer. So he's only " effectively paying" 50x4=200
He's getting 4x100 4x25 4x20 via the primary credit and secondary blue only promo and the final bonus card via the restraunt.

Primary Credit: $50 bill credit through this credit direct to card
Secondary promo: Use your AMEX Blue with the AMEX blue dining registration to get a $25 card for future use in dining room (no expiration/min purchase)
Bonus Card: Get the $20 treat card good for dining from 5/13/13 through 7/13/13 with purchase of gift card.

It has been already repeatedly confirmed that they all stack if done correctly.

Tolken said:   wtjc said:   jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

Read the thread. He evidently has 4 cards availale that have the offer. So he's only " effectively paying" 50x4=200
He's getting 4x100 4x25 4x20 via the primary credit and secondary blue only promo and the final bonus card via the restraunt.

Secondary promo: Use your AMEX Blue with the AMEX blue dining registration to get a $25 card for future use in dining room (no expiration/min purchase)
Bonus Card: Get the $20 treat card good for dining from 5/13/13 through 7/13/13 with purchase of gift card.

Correct...2 AMEX Blue cards for me and 2 for my wife...all registered accordingly....shouldn't be a problem.

TextTolken said:   wtjc said:   jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

If I follow you? - $50 AMEX statement credit - $25 blue card dining credit - $20 bonus card (all per $100) transaction That makes $95 x 4 or $380 value It's a long way from the claimed $580 value

Even better Flemings Beverly Hills gives you a $50 dining credit per reservation which would be even better than the blue card which only gives you $25.
That still puts his total credit at only $480 - - not $580

Everyone doesn't have the blue card (I don't) and very few people have a restaurant close enough to get the $50 dining credit (I do)
Since we will probably go to one of the other restaurants we will only receive $50 AMEX credit and $20 bonus offer ($70 value per $100 card (no dining credit)

I do agree that they will all stack except multiple dining credit offers

Part of the blue card's term: "To be eligible to receive a $25 Fleming's Dining Card, the Cardmember must be enrolled in this offer prior to their first purchase and must spend a minimum of $100 in one transaction at any Fleming's location. Only one Dining Card can be earned for each purchase transaction."

Please let me know where I'm making my mistake (won't be the first and surely not the last)

dup...

jimbocobb said:   wtjc said:   TextTolken said:   wtjc said:   jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

If I follow you? - $50 AMEX statement credit - $25 blue card dining credit - $20 bonus card (all per $100) transaction That makes $95 x 4 or $380 value It's a long way from the claimed $580 value

Even better Flemings Beverly Hills gives you a $50 dining credit per reservation which would be even better than the blue card which only gives you $25.

Everyone doesn't have the blue card (I don't) and very few people have a restaurant close enough to get the $50 dining credit (I do)
Since we will probably go to one of the other restaurants we will only receive $50 AMEX credit and $20 bonus offer ($70 value per $100 card (no dining credit)

Part of the blue card's term: "To be eligible to receive a $25 Fleming's Dining Card, the Cardmember must be enrolled in this offer prior to their first purchase and must spend a minimum of $100 in one transaction at any Fleming's location. Only one Dining Card can be earned for each purchase transaction."

Please let me know where I'm making my mistake (won't be the first and surely not the last)

Dude it's not difficult. Net price I'm paying is $200. And I will end up with $580 in gift cards to use at any Bloomin' restaurant. $80 of the cards have to be used during a specific 2-month window (although an Outback manager once told us he would accept bonus cards even after they were out of date). You were only counting the bonuses and credits....you missed an extra $200 in gift cards that were actually paid for and received. I will walk into a Flemings restaurant near me and make 4 separate purchases of $100 gift cards on 4 separate AMEX Blue cards. It's that simple. I'm not actually going to eat there.

Im a noob to AMEX deals so sorry if this is a silly question but is this deal only for BLUE or can any AMEX card take advantage?

jimbocobb said:   jimbocobb said:   wtjc said:   TextTolken said:   wtjc said:   jimbocobb said:   Great deal !

No way - please explain

Dude it's not difficult. Net price I'm paying is $200. And I will end up with $580 in gift cards to use at any Bloomin' restaurant. $80 of the cards have to be used during a specific 2-month window (although an Outback manager once told us he would accept bonus cards even after they were out of date). You were only counting the bonuses and credits....you missed an extra $200 in gift cards that were actually paid for and received. I will walk into a Flemings restaurant near me and make 4 separate purchases of $100 gift cards on 4 separate AMEX Blue cards. It's that simple. I'm not actually going to eat there.
Your right - my mistake. $580 in gift cards for $200 using Blue AMEX. $480 in gift cards for other AMEX cards and $680 in gift cards if you care to go to Flemings (Beverly Hills, CA)

KYBOSH said:   Im a noob to AMEX deals so sorry if this is a silly question but is this deal only for BLUE or can any AMEX card take advantage?

It is explained in the thread...most any AMEX card should work (at least if you use the Twitter option) but you will only get the extra $25 bonus card mailed to you if you have a AMEX blue specifically registered for the extra Fleming's bonus as discussed in the thread. So you end up with $120 GC's for $50 on a regular AMEX or $145 GC's for $50 on a BLUE AMEX.

jimbocobb said:   KYBOSH said:   Im a noob to AMEX deals so sorry if this is a silly question but is this deal only for BLUE or can any AMEX card take advantage?

It is explained in the thread...most any AMEX deal should work (at least if you use the Twitter option) but you will only get the extra $25 bonus card mailed to you if you have a AMEX blue specifically registered for the extra Fleming's bonus as discussed in the thread. So you end up for $120 GC's for $50 on a regular AMEX or $145 GC's for $50 on a BLUE AMEX.

Thanks for the patience Jimbocobb.
I just signed up via twitter and will how it goes.

The BLUE seems like a good deal... I might have to get one!

PaulBanks said:   Now through May 31, make a reservation online to dine at the new Beverly Hills location and receive a $50 dining credit.

Link

LOL
Beverly Hills

Tuphat posted in separate thread:

"5 For $6 'Til 7" bar menu — available all night long on Monday, April 15.

designated cocktails, wines, apps, plus prime burger

http://view.communications.flemingssteakhouse.com/?j=fe521173706...

Now through May 31, make a reservation online to dine at the new Beverly Hills location and receive a $50 dining credit

I don't see any other sites offering that promo.

On Fleming's Steakhouse website under the gift cards section it says:

From family celebrations to romantic gifts and surprise gestures, or even to acknowledge a special Grad in your life, a Fleming'sGift Card is an invitation to a world of exceptional dining.

In addition to giving the gift of exquisite taste and outstanding hospitality, you'll receive a $20 Bonus Card for every $100 you spend in Gift Card purchases between April 1 and June 16 plus free shipping.*

*To receive $20 Bonus Cards, Gift Cards must be purchased between 4/1/13 and 6/16/13. Bonus Cards are valid from 5/13/13 to 7/15/13. The $20 Bonus Card is a promotional card. THIS IS NOT A GIFT CARD. Bonus Cards are accepted at participating Bloomin' Brands restaurant locations in the United States. Gratuity, taxes and alchoholic beverages not included. Limit one card per visit, per table. No cash value. No replacement value if lost or stolen. No reproductions will be accepted. Not valid with any other discount offers. Will not carry an unused balance. Maximum 10 Bonus Cards per order.

They mention free shipping. So does that mean the $20 promotional card wyb a $100 gift card is only available for online orders? (because online gift card orders do not qualify for the $50 back from Am Ex) Has anyone personally done this deal yet by going to a Fleming's steakhouse? Were you able to get the $20 promotional card in-restaurant? I will be going shortly to Fleming's and will report back if I am able to score the $20 card also.

you get the $20 promotion card in the restaurant too. I did it today.

jazun said:   you get the $20 promotion card in the restaurant too. I did it today.

Yes, I can also confirm you can also get the $20 promotional card in-restaurant also. I went to the Fleming's in Newport Beach, CA and just got back. Funny thing. At the same time I came in there was another man that came in and also wanted a $100 gift card...probably a fellow Fat Walleteer. Fleming's looks like a really nice restaurant. I was impressed from the few minutes I was in there. What makes this such a great deal is you can use the gift card and promotional card at cheaper places like Outback and it is the equivalent of getting 58.3% off the menu price (because you got $120 in gift cards for only $50).

When I got home I am happy to have received this e-mail confirmation from American Express:

Dear: Cardmember

Thank you for using your enrolled American Express® Card ending in
xxxxx at Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar.

Remember to log-in at
http://www.americanexpress.com/
or visit the American Express app for iPhone® to find more offers selected for you.
To unlock more exciting offers, securely sync your eligible American
Express Card with your participating social media accounts at
http://sync.americanexpress.com.

Thanks OP.

Had dinner there today. Bought the GC for 100, got the $20 bonus card.

Told the waiter we had just gotten engaged 4 weeks prior, and as we were leaving they handed us a gift box of 4 truffles and another $25 gift card.

With the $50 AMEX bonus, $20 bonus card, $25 gift, and $25 blue promo, ended up getting $100 of food for $5. Not too shabby.

thanks op

wtjc said:   Better yet if you’re lucky and Flemings has a restaurant in your area you should be able to buy $100 gift card in Fleming's restaurant only (not online – will not work)and use at any Bloomin' restaurant (Outback Steakhouse, Flemings, Bonefish Grill, Carrabba, Roys) not just Fleming’s http://www.bloominbrands.com/giftcards/ plus receive a $20 bonus card. Gift cards are good for any Bloomin’ brand restaurant but must be purchased in Fleming's restaurant only (not online for AMEX sync to work.) Bonus card cannot be used on day of purchase.

Fleming’s Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar Locations http://direct.where2getit.com/cwc/apps/w2gi.php?template=locator...
*To receive $20 Bonus Cards, Gift Cards must be purchased between 4/1/13 and 6/16/13. Bonus Cards are valid from 5/13/13 to 7/15/13. The $20 Bonus Card is a promotional card. THIS IS NOT A GIFT CARD. Bonus Cards are accepted at participating Bloomin' Brands restaurant locations in the United States. Gratuity, taxes and alcoholic beverages not included. Limit one card per visit, per table. No cash value. No replacement value if lost or stolen. No reproductions will be accepted. Not valid with any other discount offers. Will not carry an unused balance. Maximum 10 Bonus Cards per order.
You can find this offer and AMEX website or Facebook. I was able to sync both our cards (wife’s and mine)
Outback Steakhouse locations http://www.outback.com/restaurant/locations/
Carrabbas Italian Grill Locations http://www.carrabbas.com/Locator
Bonefish Grills Locations: http://www.bonefishgrill.com/Locator
Roys http://www.roysrestaurant.com/locations/

Just wanted to bump this info to page 3 as I think this is where the value is. Fleming's is okay for me but I only dine there when there is an AMEX promo. Now that I know I can buy a gc and go to Ray's or Carrabbas, I'll definitely do so.

Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something?

lecoupongitels said:   Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something? $50? Are you sure? All past Costco Flemings deals and one online right now are for $80 for $100gc.

http://www.costco.com/Fleming%27s%C2%AE-Prime-Steakhouse-Two-%24...

So the comparison is $100 credit for $80 or $120 credit for $50. Big difference.

lecoupongitels said:   Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something? Doubt that, but if so, Yea, you're missing $25 to $45.

Help! I don't see that offer listed under my offers!. It was there earlier now it's gone.

Looks like it might be dead. Offer was there earlier..now it is gone.

Found a link to tweet. So may be good.

Welcome to FW
lecoupongitels said:   Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something?

lecoupongitels said:   Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something?

What Costco location?

BMRisko said:   lecoupongitels said:   Costco has $100 gift cards to Flemings for $50.00, The only benefit I am seeing is an additional $25-$45 dollars, Am I missing something?

What Costco location?

Has to be a mistake. I've never seen them for less than 79.99/100 at Costco.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014