• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Best Buy
See Best Buy discounts that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Toshiba - Satellite 17.3" Laptop
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal, but bear in mind that this is Toshiba's lowest trim level and they cut corners like crazy. My earlier Toshiba Satellite 17.3" went back to the manufacturer twice in a year. I went back to Dell and while people rag on the Inspiron line I'm thrilled to be back with a Dell product. I had a hard drive fail and one-year on-site warranty kicked in. Guy visited my home and replaced my hard drive pronto.

I had one & the hard drive lasted 5 weeks, they took it back for a full refund.

Sounds like more work than reward. I'll pass on this one. Shame on Toshiba.

Shouldn't that be www.bestrakuten.com?

I bought one for my dad a few years ago and it has taken a beating and still works. Only thing that doesnt work is the number pad on the keyboard (due to coffee spillage, not Toshiba's fault). While far from the best quality, they are great budget laptops for simple tasks.

CognacXO said:   I bought one for my dad a few years ago and it has taken a beating and still works. Only thing that doesnt work is the number pad on the keyboard (due to coffee spillage, not Toshiba's fault). While far from the best quality, they are great budget laptops for simple tasks.
It wasn't in the past, but these days, spill-resistant technology has evolved and fairly inexpensive. Cheap laptops will probably never use it, because of the tiny cost, but more importantly, the future sales and profits from more cheap laptops.

I am still using one 6 years old and bought my wife one 2 weeks ago. Timex I tell ya.

cyfan2000 said:   Shouldn't that be www.bestrakuten.com?

Your link is incorrect, please revise it.
It takes me to a Charter search page.

How the heck does a questionable deal like this get on FW's Hot Deals List? Seems to be of less than good quality and there aren't that many postings here. Other than price this is a bad deal.

DonC said:   How the heck does a questionable deal like this get on FW's Hot Deals List? Seems to be of less than good quality and there aren't that many postings here. Other than price this is a bad deal.

Bad?
Whats bad about it?
That is in the eye of the beholder.....

One posted dunned it but praised Dell
Others dunn Dell, HO all brands....

GreenTrash said:   Good deal, but bear in mind that this is Toshiba's lowest trim level and they cut corners like crazy. My earlier Toshiba Satellite 17.3" went back to the manufacturer twice in a year. I went back to Dell and while people rag on the Inspiron line I'm thrilled to be back with a Dell product. I had a hard drive fail and one-year on-site warranty kicked in. Guy visited my home and replaced my hard drive pronto.

We bought our daughter a Toshiba Satellite laptop for Christmas. The screen failed after 3 months. Was replaced under warranty, but this was the first Toshiba laptop we have bought and it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to make me consider buying another one.

OTOH, we have a Toshiba tablet which has been excellent.

crhptic said:   GreenTrash said:   Good deal, but bear in mind that this is Toshiba's lowest trim level and they cut corners like crazy. My earlier Toshiba Satellite 17.3" went back to the manufacturer twice in a year. I went back to Dell and while people rag on the Inspiron line I'm thrilled to be back with a Dell product. I had a hard drive fail and one-year on-site warranty kicked in. Guy visited my home and replaced my hard drive pronto.

We bought our daughter a Toshiba Satellite laptop for Christmas. The screen failed after 3 months. Was replaced under warranty, but this was the first Toshiba laptop we have bought and it doesn't inspire a lot of confidence to make me consider buying another one.

OTOH, we have a Toshiba tablet which has been excellent.

RE:
The screen failed after 3 months.

Obviously the person who assembled it had one to many sakis at lunch

Love my Toshiba with a backlit keyboard!

any idea how long this price is good for? I know my store here has 5.

cyfan2000 said:   Shouldn't that be www.bestrakuten.com?

you thinking of Buy.com

price is 379.99 now

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014