Entertainment Book for $10.40 Today only

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Got email just now, today only Entertainment Book is $10.40. Guess they are back. Linky.

Entertainment (r) 2013 Entertainment(R) Book
New Savings Are Waiting For You in The 2013 Book!
Tax Day Sale! We Make Saving EZ! ALL BOOKS $10.40! Deadline Today! April 15th Order Now
Saving is EZ with the Entertainment Book! Our coupons make saving less taxing- get a book for only $10.40. Donít miss the deadline - make sure to order today!

Was $35.00 ó Now Only $10.40
$10.40 Book Place Your Order Now Free Shipping

Entertainment.com
See Entertainment.com discounts that earn 17.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Entertainment Book
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I didn't order a book this year, but for those who did, the article linked below gives hope that your coupons will be ho... (more)

BullishDad (Apr. 26, 2013 @ 10:22p) |

I just had Don Jose buy one get one free coupon tonight....Yummy...Glad they took the coupon or my wife make me eat the ... (more)

bigfathead (Apr. 27, 2013 @ 1:54a) |

Ordered book on 4/16 but haven't received it yet.

duhmel (Apr. 27, 2013 @ 3:20p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Says $15.00 on their website.
Got a link to share?

Are they back from the dead?

"Entertainment Book is chapter 7 dead."
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1261686/

Marlin1975 said:   Are they back from the dead?

"Entertainment Book is chapter 7 dead."
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1261686/

It looks like they may be:

Entertainment Promotions Continues Operation During Ownership Transition

$10.40 Book Place Your Order Now Free Shipping

Not seeing free shipping, they're asking $2.49@.

$13 not such a great deal. Note that 2nd and subsequent books on the same order are $8+$2.49.

=aw

Given company state, not sure it's even worth risking $10. If the company goes under, you can be sure that the coupon vendors will no longer honor the coupons.

larryc said:   Given company state, not sure it's even worth risking $10. If the company goes under, you can be sure that the coupon vendors will no longer honor the coupons.

Don't agree - the companies issuing coupons want you to come in to their establishment. They don't want to irritate potential customers. The ENTERTAINMENT company is out of the loop after you buy the book except in the exceptional case that the coupon is not honored which in my experience over ten years has only happened when the restaurant has recently changed ownership.

If you sign up for automatic renewal you get $5 off each book - $10.49 and $3 with free shipping. Two bagel and an ice cream cone and I'm even. Just use a one-time card number through Citicard or another credit card.

duhmel said:   If you sign up for automatic renewal you get $5 off each book - $10.49 and $3 with free shipping. Two bagel and an ice cream cone and I'm even. Just use a one-time card number through Citicard or another credit card.

Did this for a book for our vacation to Charleston. Got to be able to recoup at least that over a weeks time.

Edit : uhh maybe not - the selection is terrible.

It was reported that this bankruptcy was done by the investor (the Menard family) to cleanse the manager, who they lost faith in.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20130312/NEWS/130319961/ent...

rooms222 said:   It was reported that this bankruptcy was done by the investor (the Menard family) to cleanse the manager, who they lost faith in.

Well I lost faith about 10 years ago when the selections offered turned to bird dirt.

Thanks for the find.

lexcurat said:   rooms222 said:   It was reported that this bankruptcy was done by the investor (the Menard family) to cleanse the manager, who they lost faith in.

Well I lost faith about 10 years ago when the selections offered turned to bird dirt.

My views exactly - I used to like these books but then everything became 2 for 1, when you could even find something you wanted, and I tend to do things I can use as a single person. I literally had a book that I could not use one coupon from so I stopped getting them.

Bought 2; I can already see a BOGO (up to $13 entree) for an independent restaurant that we frequent. Even if that's the only coupon we use, we still come out ahead. Regardless, I imagine we'll save the same $200-300 we usually do by using these passbooks.

elizard said:   lexcurat said:   rooms222 said:   It was reported that this bankruptcy was done by the investor (the Menard family) to cleanse the manager, who they lost faith in.

My views exactly - I used to like these books but then everything became 2 for 1, when you could even find something you wanted, and I tend to do things I can use as a single person. I literally had a book that I could not use one coupon from so I stopped getting them.

Same here. Useless in many cases and though I could certainly try to get the value of the book back it's simply not been worth it to even get this piece of garbage. I know I save even more by NOT going to these places (which I wouldn't frequent anyway or are quite a distance away) so I skip the book (even when offered to me for free from a friend who'd taken all they wanted out of it). Bankruptcy (for WHATEVER "reason") is where I saw this company headed over the past several years.

Thanks OP. It's still good for today, because I just ordered

I was about to order but it wasn't giving me free shipping. Is anyone still getting free shipping? I was already on the fence at $10.40.

duhmel said:   If you sign up for automatic renewal you get $5 off each book - $10.49 and $3 with free shipping. Two bagel and an ice cream cone and I'm even. Just use a one-time card number through Citicard or another credit card.If you cancel prior to receiving your first book through the Annual Renewal program (2014 Book) your credit card will be charged a $5 cancellation fee. If you do not cancel your Annual Renewal membership, Entertainment Publications will charge your Credit Card when the new book is printed and ready to ship. If you return you book after receiving it, you will be charged a $7.95 restocking fee. See complete return policy on our web site.

I frequently use a virtual card, but I don't think using a virtual card will prevent them from charging back $5 to your account. Anyone know otherwise?

I also don't see free shipping.

If the virtual card expires in May 2013, how can they charge it in 2014?

I've done the autorenewal with a Virtual card last year and I wasn't charged any chargeback or fee after the year was up.

Did you cancel or just let it go?

Thats awesome thanks. You make your money back in no time. Love it.

I just let it go, no need to cancel anything as they can't charge your expired virtual credit card. Towards the end, they would mail me stuff to update my credit card to renew, but I just tossed it out.

I just paid 7.49 shipped (w/ renewal), but all you have to do is cancel the membership and out the door with 7.49 shipped!

My wife paid $20 to school and never got a physical book, actually $40 for both kids, and apparently for just on-line access. We've never used it and aren't likely to, just on line apparently. Always were given physical book by school fund drives in the past. Goodbye Entertainment Book. see ya

elizard said:   lexcurat said:   rooms222 said:   It was reported that this bankruptcy was done by the investor (the Menard family) to cleanse the manager, who they lost faith in.

I thought there was a disclaimer that said 2-for-1 coupons could be used for 50% off a single user's purchase? I'll have to check.

Bhagwan said:   My wife paid $20 to school and never got a physical book, actually $40 for both kids, and apparently for just on-line access. We've never used it and aren't likely to, just on line apparently. Always were given physical book by school fund drives in the past. Goodbye Entertainment Book. see yaSounds like 'goodbye school fundraiser' if you ask me.

THESE GUYS JUST FILED FOR BANKRUPTCY. TOLD PUBLIC TO CALL ALL COUPONS BEFORE VISITING!!

I didn't order a book this year, but for those who did, the article linked below gives hope that your coupons will be honored.

Entertainment Book Publisher Bought Out of Bankruptcy

BullishDad said:   I didn't order a book this year, but for those who did, the article linked below gives hope that your coupons will be honored.

Entertainment Book Publisher Bought Out of Bankruptcy

I just had Don Jose buy one get one free coupon tonight....Yummy...Glad they took the coupon or my wife make me eat the coupon for dinner

Ordered book on 4/16 but haven't received it yet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014