• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This looks like a sweet guitar, nice design - with the Ovation plastic bowl. I have heard this model, and it sounds very nice. Little 3 band EQ when you plug it into an amp.

I know the MSRP is way off, but I've never seen this below $200, now 12% off of THAT with free shipping from Amazon.

LINK

28 reviews; 22 of them 5 star!

Edit 4/20/2013 thanks to BIGGERSAVINGS - now $169.99 at Amazon!

Amazon
Get Up to 3.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

guitar
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The CSR specifically referred to seven days. Here's the exact text of the message I got:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us ... (more)

howie999 (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 7:11p) |

Not exactly sure how one becomes a "hater" on Amazon price-matching. I didn't create their policy....they did.

You got ... (more)

respdoc (Apr. 20, 2013 @ 7:17p) |

Back up to $219.95 now.

I guess the mods can move this to "expired deals" now.

howie999 (Apr. 26, 2013 @ 9:36a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks. I went for it because I've thought about trying to play before and the price and reviews are right. And I'll let my kids use it if they want to learn. Not much downside at this price. I'd give you green, but I don't want to give an indication that I know anything about guitars.

Price match it at Musicians Friend and get an additional $10 back with their 150% price match guarantee. They have it for $199.

howie999 said:   

I know the MSRP is way off

It's appreciated you noting that...but then why include it in the title ?

Since most places do have it in the $199 range...this deal via Amazon is for ~ a $24 savings (before any possible price matches).

Went with the Musician friend's 110% instant price match, $173.xx total free shipping and no taxes .
Thanks OP.

I've always loved the sound of Ovations (never played the Applause series), but I could never jive with the bowl shaped back on them. They just never want to sit in place for me. Good deal in the OP, though.

roberteva said:   I've always loved the sound of Ovations (never played the Applause series), but I could never jive with the bowl shaped back on them. They just never want to sit in place for me. Good deal in the OP, though.Ditto. This guitar is priced about right. From the price history you can see them searching for the bite point. This might be it.

Pm'd to music123 for $170 free shipping ...no tax

Enjoy

Hey, I just got the one I ordered - and it's a VERY nice guitar. I love the way it looks.

It came already tuned (well, almost) and action set pretty nicely. I can tell the strings will need to be replaced soon, but otherwise it sounds very nice, and when hooked up to amp sounds to my ear kinda stratocaster-ish (if that's a word). Thin bowl, but it's still pretty loud without amplification.

Whether you get it from Amazon (always have liked their return policy and how they stand behind their stuff) or price matched at Music 123 or Musician's Friend, this is a fine way to spend your money.

roberteva said:   I've always loved the sound of Ovations (never played the Applause series), but I could never jive with the bowl shaped back on them. They just never want to sit in place for me. Good deal in the OP, though.
Same here. They're fun guitars, interesting sound - very resonant (in a good & bad way). But they're slippery and round, which can make them a bit uncomfortable (when sitting anyway). I'm sure I'd get used to it, but probably worth trying one out before buying.

jumpfroggy said:   roberteva said:   I've always loved the sound of Ovations (never played the Applause series), but I could never jive with the bowl shaped back on them. They just never want to sit in place for me. Good deal in the OP, though.
Same here. They're fun guitars, interesting sound - very resonant (in a good & bad way). But they're slippery and round, which can make them a bit uncomfortable (when sitting anyway). I'm sure I'd get used to it, but probably worth trying one out before buying.

Two words for u....

Velcro belt-buckle

How do I get it for $175? Thanks.

Farmer said:   How do I get it for $175? Thanks.

Looks like Amazon has raised the price to $199 again. Looks like the deal is dead now. Sorry!

Thanks for your prompt response.I'll catch it at another time.

howie999 said:   Farmer said:   How do I get it for $175? Thanks.

Looks like Amazon has raised the price to $199 again. Looks like the deal is dead now. Sorry!

Red is showing $169 right now. Black $219 and natural $199. Seems like a great deal on the Red $6 less than when OP posted and lowest price yet on Amazon.

biggersavings said:   Red is showing $169 right now. Seems like a great deal on the Red $6 less than when OP posted and lowest price yet on Amazon.

Hey, thanks, BIGGERSAVINGS! Because of you, I have contacted Amazon to get my $6 back! It's only $6, but I'm a FatWalleter! I've given you green for the $6 green you gave me!

howie999 said:   biggersavings said:   Red is showing $169 right now. Seems like a great deal on the Red $6 less than when OP posted and lowest price yet on Amazon.

Hey, thanks, BIGGERSAVINGS! Because of you, I have contacted Amazon to get my $6 back! It's only $6, but I'm a FatWalleter! I've given you green for the $6 green you gave me!

Being a FatWalleter is all about helping each other out! Your welcome!

howie999 said:   

Just an fyi...they usually will not price adjust non-TV sales (even on their own items). So you are a lucky fatwalleter.

Pmd to music123 for 163.09 no tax free ship....

Fyi

respdoc said:   

Just an fyi...they usually will not price adjust non-TV sales (even on their own items). So you are a lucky fatwalleter.

I have never had a problem with Amazon matching a price - as long as it's within SEVEN DAYS of purchase. It's always been less than $10. Wrote Amazon via their "contact me" page, they got back to me within two hours with the good news.

howie999 said:   

I have never had a problem with Amazon matching a price - as long as it's within SEVEN DAYS of purchase.

I am glad you never had a problem..but that is not their policy. Nowhere does it state within "seven days"..so your number is arbitrary.

Maybe when others have problems price matching in the future...they can just tell the CSR to refer to the howie999 policy. There have also been unconfirmed reports about account bans for asking for too many (unwarranted) "special favors".

The CSR specifically referred to seven days. Here's the exact text of the message I got:

Hello,

Thanks for contacting us about the recent price change on "Applause by Ovation AE148-RRB Acoustic Electric Guitar". I recognize you have a choice of retailers and appreciate that you prefer to order from us.

Since the price of the item has changed within seven days of the delivery of the order, I've issued a refund for the price difference in the amount of $6.48 (Including tax).

And yes, I do consider myself lucky. No need to be a hater, Respdoc!

howie999 said:   

And yes, I do consider myself lucky. No need to be a hater, Respdoc!

Not exactly sure how one becomes a "hater" on Amazon price-matching. I didn't create their policy....they did.

You got a one-time exception for whatever story you fed them. Great and good for you...but that is nowhere near what can be expected even on an occasional basis.

Back up to $219.95 now.

I guess the mods can move this to "expired deals" now.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014