• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Advance Auto Parts Coupon: $40 off $100 Online Orders or More

Not as good as the $50 off $100, but for those who have something to purchase this week

Valid until April 20

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

Enter coupon code DOW16 at checkout

Free shipping on orders $75 or more or free store pickup

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

advance
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Advance Auto Parts Coupons:
    AAP15OFF
    Save 15% On All Orders (expires 9/30/14 11:59pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I just used TRT41 last night, it is also $40 off $100

Thanks, used it today

be very careful ordering from these crooks. Keep a copy of your post-office receipts and mail all parts for 'core charge refund' as registered mail. I didn't do this unfortunately, and they refused to send me my $50 core charge refund. Called them about 10 times before finally giving up in disgust. I'll never buy from this company again and will continue to warn people about their unscrupulous ways.

cant you return the core to the store? Sorry about what happened to you katnrica. I usually deal with the retail Advanced Auto and they have always taken good care of me.

I wouldn't blame Advance, sometimes the help is not good. I told a guy to cancel my internet order while i was in store and he just crumpled the paper and threw it in garbage, i questioned him about that and he retrieved it and called a more informed worker who then instructed him to enter it properly into computer and get a proper cancellation.

pimpkinchamper said:   cant you return the core to the store? Sorry about what happened to you katnrica. I usually deal with the retail Advanced Auto and they have always taken good care of me.

Yes you can take cores back to the store. Also can do returns at the store.

Just my experience - but i recently used TRT41 on a deal for brake pads/rotors. I was fine with their Wearever brand for one of my cars, but not my most recent. Long story short - The pads did not fit properly, and one of the rotors was defective. $400 of labor costs later, the rotor still doesn't fit right and the car is undrivable until I get it replaced.

The lesson I take away from here is that 'all that glitters is not gold' Had I checked Rock Auto first, I would have seen premium name brand rotors for the same price or close as the discounted store brand and they would have been a better fit saving me time/money. I'm still kicking myself and asking "Why am I trying to buy something as important as brakes for as cheap as possible???"

I like Advance Auto - they cannot control the manufacturing quality of their suppliers. I only blame myself here. In the future, if I purchase the store brand parts, I will make sure they are easily removable.

hashrock said:   Just my experience - but i recently used TRT41 on a deal for brake pads/rotors. I was fine with their Wearever brand for one of my cars, but not my most recent. Long story short - The pads did not fit properly, and one of the rotors was defective. $400 of labor costs later, the rotor still doesn't fit right and the car is undrivable until I get it replaced.

The lesson I take away from here is that 'all that glitters is not gold' Had I checked Rock Auto first, I would have seen premium name brand rotors for the same price or close as the discounted store brand and they would have been a better fit saving me time/money. I'm still kicking myself and asking "Why am I trying to buy something as important as brakes for as cheap as possible???"

I like Advance Auto - they cannot control the manufacturing quality of their suppliers. I only blame myself here. In the future, if I purchase the store brand parts, I will make sure they are easily removable.

Brake pads and rotors ARE easily removable

Marlin1975 said:   pimpkinchamper said:   cant you return the core to the store? Sorry about what happened to you katnrica. I usually deal with the retail Advanced Auto and they have always taken good care of me.

Advance is not a nationwide chain, so not everyone that orders from the website has that option.

khail19 said:   Marlin1975 said:   pimpkinchamper said:   cant you return the core to the store? Sorry about what happened to you katnrica. I usually deal with the retail Advanced Auto and they have always taken good care of me.

Advance is not a nationwide chain, so not everyone that orders from the website has that option.

Don't order items from the web that have a core.

There are a lot of items on Rockauto.com I don't order because the core charge kills any deal from having to ship back, heck they even point out the core may not even be worth shipping back due to shipping. Same should apply for advance as well.

Muley said:   hashrock said:   Just my experience - but i recently used TRT41 on a deal for brake pads/rotors. I was fine with their Wearever brand for one of my cars, but not my most recent. Long story short - The pads did not fit properly, and one of the rotors was defective. $400 of labor costs later, the rotor still doesn't fit right and the car is undrivable until I get it replaced.

Brake pads and rotors ARE easily removable

Unless they're captive.

Marlin1975 said:   khail19 said:   Marlin1975 said:   pimpkinchamper said:   cant you return the core to the store? Sorry about what happened to you katnrica. I usually deal with the retail Advanced Auto and they have always taken good care of me.

Don't order items from the web that have a core.

There are a lot of items on Rockauto.com I don't order because the core charge kills any deal from having to ship back, heck they even point out the core may not even be worth shipping back due to shipping. Same should apply for advance as well.

Certainly, if you do not have a physical store location nearby, ordering items with a core exchange can be a problem. Otherwise, there is no issue here. Even so, one can likely return the core to some other place that accepts them (other auto parts retailers, WM, etc.) and get some kind of credit.

The bottom line is, even if you do have a Advance retail store nearby, you should ALWAYS order online so you can use a coupon and then do a store pick up. No reason to pay more than you have to.

the nice thing about coupons that expire "quickly" is that you can use the next one for something else - or so I've gathered from reading.....most of these are one use per account, are they not?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014