• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seems like a pretty sweet deal 120Hz refresh or 240 CMR whichever way you see it.

http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=us&l=en&...

Dell Consumer
Need a Dell Consumer coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Samsung 55" 1080p LED UN55EH6000 (205.07kB)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Yea, last time I got a Dell e-gift card it was exactly 20 days after the purchase.

CognacXO (May. 01, 2013 @ 6:54a) |

For those who have received their sets what version are they getting (it's written on the outside of the box)? According... (more)

abbygrace (May. 01, 2013 @ 1:48p) |

PsychoFan (May. 02, 2013 @ 9:11a) |

Staff Summary

dont know much about television set, but seems like a solid deal.

Sell the Dell GC for around $350 and keep the TV for around $650 OTD+tax

good deal for a tv with a matte screen for those of you with brighter rooms (I hate seeing my reflection when watching darker scenes).

It's back lit (not edge) so it's much thicker than most other led tvs BUT I prefer the lights being behind the screen as the brightness across the screen has a better chance of being uniform.

I have this tv (I think mine was the 6070 which came with a blur ray player that "added" smart app functionality to the tv although I use a separate HTPC instead.

Good series of tv if you want backlit (this doesn't, of course, have local dimming) and want a screen that doesn't reflect as much light.

Anyone have any suggestions concerning selling the e-cards on eBay? I just don't wanna get burned if the buyer uses the card and then makes a Paypal claim that the card didnt work. I know PayPal is notorious for horrible case handling.

Only 2 HDMI Ports? Didn't think they made them with less than 3 =/

I have had this TV for about 1 week and liked it so far.

CognacXO said:   Anyone have any suggestions concerning selling the e-cards on eBay? I just don't wanna get burned if the buyer uses the card and then makes a Paypal claim that the card didnt work. I know PayPal is notorious for horrible case handling.

Paypal gives chance to seller to provide proof if a case is raised. As long as you keep documentation and can prove (may be with the help of Dell support) that the card was used by buyer, you should be fine. I think the real issue is even if you get proof that the card is used, there is no way of proving that it was used by buyer.

I personally would keep away from selling these things on eBay. A better way is to purchase something (a laptop or tv or something like that) on Dell, and sell it on eBay for a discount(or list item, then order it from Dell to be delivered to buyer).

nortotron said:   CognacXO said:   Anyone have any suggestions concerning selling the e-cards on eBay? I just don't wanna get burned if the buyer uses the card and then makes a Paypal claim that the card didnt work. I know PayPal is notorious for horrible case handling.

Paypal gives chance to seller to provide proof if a case is raised. As long as you keep documentation and can prove (may be with the help of Dell support) that the card was used by buyer, you should be fine. I think the real issue is even if you get proof that the card is used, there is no way of proving that it was used by buyer.

I personally would keep away from selling these things on eBay. A better way is to purchase something (a laptop or tv or something like that) on Dell, and sell it on eBay for a discount(or list item, then order it from Dell to be delivered to buyer).

Thanks Nortotron. Maybe I'll buy a laptop and sell it on eBay. Definitely sounds safer.

What do you guys feel about the "Free Shipping & Easy Returns" I called this morning and some stupid Philipina who didn't know what the h.. she was talking about told me there is a restocking fee and now I am on hold with some Indian dude who is telling me the same thing as well??

k...so then he checked with his boss who I had a little pow'ow with who then coped out that there was no restocking fee; Not trusting him I ran thru with the purchase on the website and lo n behold when I got to the checkout screen which then lists the "Free Shipping n Easy Returns" as an additional discount. Now why did you have to listen all this ...cause I am about to save you an additional $50 unless you guys already knew about this ; if you place the order on the phone with the Indian ( the initially discovered ones!!) you get an additional $50 off as 5% Cash Back or some stuff like that!! (Dell Advantage!)...Only sucky thing all these GC's only got 90 days!!...hope u guys liked my story!!

what's with f** red....haters!!

Uh, could it be your attitude?
By the way, you don't need to order through an Indian dude to get 5% Dell Advantage (comes in the your so-called "sucky" form of an e-promo gift card, just like the $400), that can be done online as well...

missmatch said:   what's with f** red....haters!!

Dell service is terrible. Rude following the script offshore call center employees. Returns process is slow to credit card had to get AMEX dispute invovled last time. Good deal but avoiding the company.

jhpurchases said:   Dell service is terrible. Rude following the script offshore call center employees. Returns process is slow to credit card had to get AMEX dispute invovled last time. Good deal but avoiding the company.

Didn't you know offshoring saves money! I mean look how much Dell has benefited!

/sarcasm

i can use the GC , would pay 250, pm if interested

jhpurchases said:   Dell service is terrible. Rude following the script offshore call center employees. Returns process is slow to credit card had to get AMEX dispute invovled last time. Good deal but avoiding the company.

I once called to return A laptop and they offered me $50.00 to keep it, and make me happy, they failed to actually give me the credit, made me furious, and ended up giving me a $100.00 credit to make up for that.

To me customer service at Dell has always been terrible whether off-shored or not. you could easily substitute other races into missmatch's story and it would make perfect sense to me.

...What do you guys feel about the "Free Shipping & Easy Returns" I called this morning and some stupid Philipina who didn't know what the h.. she was talking about told me there is a restocking fee and now I am on hold with some Indian dude who is telling me the same thing as well??

k...so then he checked with his boss who I had a little pow'ow with who then coped out that there was no restocking fee; Not trusting him I ran thru with the purchase on the website and lo n behold when I got to the checkout screen which then lists the "Free Shipping n Easy Returns" as an additional discount. Now why did you have to listen all this ...cause I am about to save you an additional $50 unless you guys already knew about this ; if you place the order on the phone with the Indian ( the initially discovered ones!!) you get an additional $50 off as 5% Cash Back or some stuff like that!! (Dell Advantage!)...Only sucky thing all these GC's only got 90 days!!...hope u guys liked my story!!

=============================================================================================
.....If you can wait for a little longer, they will transfer you to N. Korea customer service.

This is great price. I got the 60 inch version last thanks giving for $7xx and it plays fantastic. Green OP!

garycook said:   This is great price. I got the 60 inch version last thanks giving for $7xx and it plays fantastic. Green OP!

The 60" for $7xx sounds like a BETTER deal!

Oh that's hilarious that a racist is calling others haters. What a hypocrite!

missmatch said:   what's with f** red....haters!!

don't really get it Y is it racist calling people by their ethnicity - was referencing it to identify those depts incase anyone else has a similar experience. Anyways the Indian dude's boss also got on the line and swore that the extra $50 was only thru the telephone order placement!!

Yea I'll take a couple of those $400 e-gift cards for $250 each too.......lol

missmatch said:   don't really get it Y is it racist calling people by their ethnicity - was referencing it to identify those depts incase anyone else has a similar experience. Anyways the Indian dude's boss also got on the line and swore that the extra $50 was only thru the telephone order placement!!
It sounds like there's a mismatch between you and some of the other FW members here.

missmatch said:   don't really get it Y is it racist calling people by their ethnicity - was referencing it to identify those depts incase anyone else has a similar experience. Anyways the Indian dude's boss also got on the line and swore that the extra $50 was only thru the telephone order placement!!

I will give you some valuable insight, please LISTEN carefully.....

Comments like these come off as crude and ignorant.

Dell advantage: http://www.dell.com/Learn/us/en/6099/campaigns/advantage?c=us&l=...

Don't need to order over the phone. It works fine online. I've used it many times already.

Got one! Thanks!

I just checked on this and it no longer mentions in the description that the $400.00 E-gift is included but it is currently still available when you put it in your cart so this deal may be coming to an end. Jump while you still can if you are interested.

How do you get the 400 credit? Isn't that the point of this thread?

norcim said:   How do you get the 400 credit? Isn't that the point of this thread?

Most people placed orders.

When you view the cart you will see the message
"Save $402 & receive a $400 Dell PROMO eGift Card with this purchase sent via email in 10-20 days."

Thanks OP. Discover card has 5% CashBack for Dell.com so may save approx. $50 on top of the current discounts....

So the $400 PROMO gift card will expire in 90 days.
Can I use this card to buy regular Dell gift card so it won't expire until I can find something to buy?

ntddvltt said:   So the $400 PROMO gift card will expire in 90 days.
Can I use this card to buy regular Dell gift card so it won't expire until I can find something to buy?

Sorry, you can't. Here's the terms in case anyone else is interested. http://www.dell.com/content/topics/segtopic.aspx/gift_card_opt_p...

Dead. Now $1400

Stuffs are anyway too expensive on Dell.com, no worries!

kprshnt said:   Stuffs are anyway too expensive on Dell.com, no worries!

I agree but they have great deals like this one at times. I got one, just hope they have another great deal when my $400 gift card arrives in my inbox.

CognacXO said:   kprshnt said:   Stuffs are anyway too expensive on Dell.com, no worries!

I agree but they have great deals like this one at times. I got one, just hope they have another great deal when my $400 gift card arrives in my inbox.

Dell Advantage would give you another $50.00 gift card also.

Live again.

In for one. There is a large discussion on SD about this deal including how out of the box the color calibration is horrible. Several users posted suggested color settings. I think this is a great set if you're looking for a no frills TV with a decent picture and don't mind the "fat" LED back lighting. And of course you have something to spend the $400 + $50 gift cards on within the next 90 days.

BTW, I couldn't get the Dell Advantage "Apply my benefits" button to show up in my cart. I did a chat with "Mohammed" and he created an order for me with the Dell Advantage on the order.

Skipping 10 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014