Voting History
rated:
Keen Footwear Free Hiking Footwear
Mens
http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wall/shoes/men/cnx

Womens
http://www.keenfootwear.com/us/en/wall/shoes/women/cnx

promo code: MCNX20HB

I have a good feeling that when employees get in this morning, a bunch of orders will be cancelled. However, it's worth a shot. I placed separate orders for both my wife and I. Both times I did NOT create an account, but checked out as a guest. This method did not require a credit card to confirm order.

Source: slickdeals

Member Summary

Keen Footwear
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I received a confirmation e-mail on 4/18 at 8:49am. It gave me an order number and verified my cost as zero. A few days ... (more)

Telco59 (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 9:13a) |

So they can send a confirmation e-mail but not a cancelation e-mail, nice customer service.

seanjoseph (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 10:01a) |

Via Keen Facebook page:

Dear Keen:

Last week customers of Keen found out about a promo code offering a free pair of shoes.... (more)

WideOpenSpaces (Apr. 23, 2013 @ 7:57p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

well, i tried to check out as guest and it asked for credit card info.

Didn't ask for credit card info for me. I don't think this will actually get to me but it would be cool if it did.

In for one. Created an account, entered the code, no CC required. Well, we'll see, won't we!

Ordered one.

Daughter in Florida tried, but at the very end of the ordering process it said Sorry on any shoe she ordered including the one I ordered.
Not for Florida????

Thanks for this! Ordered as a guest, no cc required. Received a confirmation receipt email, so fingers crossed.

everytime I try it asks for a cc.....I am in florida, everyone must be trying to get these so it takes forever to load, I have tried twice!!!! really want them....can someone who got them try for me? lol

I can't even get the page to load.

Darn, I was sooooo excited! have a bad back and no money for shoes....my dollar store flip flops suck!!!!!

I'd be thrilled if I could just get to my cart The server's been busy for the past 15 minutes

It won't load for me either... Would've been nice, but hey... They were probably blitzed

cant get to cart screen either, keep getting server busy message

Pages are loading slooooooooow! I feel like I'm back on dial-up and it's 1997 again.

miqie said:   Pages are loading slooooooooow! I feel like I'm back on dial-up and it's 1997.nah even dialup wasn't this slow

finally got through, now just waiting for order canceled email

I got through as well. Now we shall wait and see...

Still getting http proxy errors.

checked out as guest, and got a confirmation! crossing my fingers that they get delivered

put in an order just now. took forever. waiting for the cancel e-mail. "Not"

This offer is invalid.

The code is invalid right now.

Code did not work for me either.

i was able to get in for one earlier. So now just waiting on the cancelation.

I scored two. One for me, one for my wife. But I really doubt it will gets shipped out.

Thanks OP you saved me. I woke up early today, deciding to go to the gym. Saw FW by mistake and decided to chuck gym, and order shoes instead. So one hour and two orders later (one for me and one for my wife) I am awaiting cancelation .

code invalid for me

Says Invalid promo code now.

dang...invalid code.

I received a confirmation e-mail on 4/18 at 8:49am. It gave me an order number and verified my cost as zero. A few days later, I checked my online account, and no order was listed. A few minutes ago, I called customer service. I was told my order was cancelled, and that all orders using this promo code were cancelled. They said someone posted that code illegally, and that it was not a valid code, and their legal team is looking into this. I asked why I was not sent a cancellation e-mail. They said they couldn't send an e-mail to everyone who placed an order. I asked if there were any other promo codes she could give me for a discount, and she said Keen does not offer discounts via their website. You can only get discounts via the retailer.

So they can send a confirmation e-mail but not a cancelation e-mail, nice customer service.

Via Keen Facebook page:

Dear Keen:

Last week customers of Keen found out about a promo code offering a free pair of shoes. Once the deal hit the internet, the promotion went viral. Everyone knew Keen would never honor such a claim, but it was a test to the company to determine how they addressed the situation.

It is one thing not to honor the shoe orders that were placed last week using a promo code that gave them away for free. Everyone understands that, and did not expect Keen to compensate the customer in any way. The ordeal was a mistake and was not meant for public use. However, what I find deplorable is that Keen cancelled all the orders (which I understand), yet failed to notify any customers of why the orders were cancelled and apologize for the confusion.

You at the very least owe an email to your customers addressing the issue, and apologizing. Do the right thing Keen!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There seems to be some misinformation floating around about this situation, so wed like to set the record straight:

1. This was in no way a test on the part of Keen (although we certainly did learn A LOT). This was an unfortunate accident that happened with a code intended for one person.
2. We appreciate the enthusiasm people showed for free shoes from Keen.
3. Many people were notified of their canceled order. As there were thousands of orders, some may have been missed. We're very sorry about that.
4. We absolutely apologize for the inconvenience, and continue to communicate that to those who contact us.
5. The person who made the error in the set up on the code did not get fired (although there were a LOT of tears). Why? Because sh*# happens.

If "Icedcoffee" is out there reading this, please contact us directly.

We truly appreciate your support and reasonable post during this social media adventure. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014