NOTE LIVE NOW, however 10K bonus offer live on Friday-Sat only

[url]http://www.sears.com/seiki-37inch-lcd-hdtv-sc371ts/p-05771954000...[/url]

Member Summary

SC371TS
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Doesn't say LED

Is this a good tv and a good deal? I can't find any reviews beyond Sears website and don't know how to fully interpret all the specs info.

handsgo said:   Is this a good tv and a good deal? I can't find any reviews beyond Sears website and don't know how to fully interpret all the specs info.

I picked one up yesterday (primarily to use a PC monitor)...the Sears site states it does not have a PC input, but it does...

The brightness is a kinda of low, but other than that, the picture is fairly nice, especially for a $250 set. It is kind of strange that one of the PICTURE settings (either COLOR or TINT, cant remember off the top of my head) was locked out and was not adjustable...Overall, it is a great bedroom TV...If you are really on a budget, it should be fine was well (I haven't seen any 1080P sets in around this size at this price - Best Buy had a 40" Toshiba for $299 a few weeks ago)....

Not sure how reliable it is, but I did buy it on my AMEX to extend the warranty a bit...

I went to pick up this tv from Sears yesterday. The sales guy was like "Dude, seriously, you DO NOT want to buy this tv. I prefer for you to not buy anything in here today than for you to buy this junk. Trust me. You D O N O T want to buy this tv."

Well guess what I did - I left without buying the tv, went home and picked up a sweeeeet 40" LED deal from Amazon.

I got a 27" for $99 a while back, and here are my observations. The picture quality is great and the sound is OK. The user interface (menu) is friggin' awful. Once you get it set up, it is great.

Best Buy had a 40" Toshiba for $299 a few weeks ago)....

Operative word is "had". It's up to $369 now and BB won't (of course) honor its earlier price. Thinking about buying the TV just the same, waiting 15 days, and if there's no drop back to or near $299 (for a price adjustment) then I'll return the TV. I get my money back and BB is stuck with an open box item. That'll learn 'em.

dynax said:    Best Buy had a 40" Toshiba for $299 a few weeks ago)....

Operative word is "had". It's up to $369 now and BB won't (of course) honor its earlier price. Thinking about buying the TV just the same, waiting 15 days, and if there's no drop back to or near $299 (for a price adjustment) then I'll return the TV. I get my money back and BB is stuck with an open box item. That'll learn 'em.

Not sure what your problem with Best Buy is here...They had a sale and the sale ended. Not sure why you think they have to honor a sale price once the sale is over.

Stay classy though...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014