www.sears.com

sku 07140130 (not yet online)

$7.99, get 8000 syw points back = Free

Member Summary

Craftsman 3 Piece Nozzle Set
Thanks UncleRico
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Is this the "redeem $25 to get back $20" you mentioned earlier? Do you have more details on that offer? Thanks!

nicknametaken (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 7:27p) |

Yes same, nothing you can do, targeted so YMMV but seems to appear to those whose points balance crosses $25 threshold, ... (more)

invisible (Apr. 22, 2013 @ 8:44p) |

I've had bad luck with plastic parts for hoses because they eventually crack from ultraviolet or chlorine in the water. ... (more)

larrymoencurly (Apr. 23, 2013 @ 2:09a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I got these on sale like 2 years ago and they all broke. had to take them down to Sears for a replacement as all of them broke. one of them is broke again after two months. they are cheaply made of plastic which breaks consistently and the aluminum bodies started to corrode on the inside. next time its going to be a brass nozzle.

onavi said:   I got these on sale like 2 years ago and they all broke. had to take them down to Sears for a replacement as all of them broke. one of them is broke again after two months. they are cheaply made of plastic which breaks consistently and the aluminum bodies started to corrode on the inside. next time its going to be a brass nozzle.

Thanks -- If valid tomorrow I need to get this to gain points to trigger partake in the other offer

onavi said:   I got these on sale like 2 years ago and they all broke. had to take them down to Sears for a replacement as all of them broke. one of them is broke again after two months. they are cheaply made of plastic which breaks consistently and the aluminum bodies started to corrode on the inside. next time its going to be a brass nozzle.

If you keep returning them under warranty, will they eventually upgrade to a better made replacement ?

blueribb said:   If you keep returning them under warranty, will they eventually upgrade to a better made replacement ?

I doubt it. There's nothing in the warranty mechanism to indicate they would do this. It's basically part-for-part replacement while under warranty. They don't care if you spend thousands of dollars in gas and time driving back and forth to the store. In fact... they probably hope you give up on doing so.

onavi said:   I got these on sale like 2 years ago and they all broke. had to take them down to Sears for a replacement as all of them broke. one of them is broke again after two months. they are cheaply made of plastic which breaks consistently and the aluminum bodies started to corrode on the inside. next time its going to be a brass nozzle.The only nozzles worth buying are made of either stainless steel, brass, zinc, or high-silicon aluminum. The plastics used will deteriorate from ultraviolet rays and chlorine.

Oh no not this deal again. Wait till these freeze on to your hoses and you have to cut them off.

Mine are still good but I don't use them extensively and never leave them attached to the hose.

labboypro said:   blueribb said:   If you keep returning them under warranty, will they eventually upgrade to a better made replacement ?

I doubt it. There's nothing in the warranty mechanism to indicate they would do this. It's basically part-for-part replacement while under warranty. They don't care if you spend thousands of dollars in gas and time driving back and forth to the store. In fact... they probably hope you give up on doing so.

I brought in 2 broken wooden handle shovels in the same day. Was digging out Stumps. I walked out with a fiberglass handle shovel for no charge because the guy didn't want to see me again that day.

not available.

Thanks MC - In41 tomorrow.

Dano

SKU 07140130 not coming up on searching at Sears, also not coming up via name search of product.

You got the item right MrC? or are they late or changed plans?

invisible said:   SKU 07140130 not coming up on searching at Sears, also not coming up via name search of product.

I guess the deal is not live yet.

ElGuache said:   invisible said:   SKU 07140130 not coming up on searching at Sears, also not coming up via name search of product.

I guess the deal is not live yet.

When is it 4/21 per Sears? 6am?

Finally got 1 ... Sears seems to have a very strange website search or that this is supposed to be some hidden item ...

it's live now. link to nozzle set

it was OOS for delivery but available at my local store for pickup. the only place the free 8000 points was mentioned was in the special offer section. the online invoice and email confirmation do not mention the points:SYWR Members get $8 in points when you purchase this nozzle set. Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Apr-2013

momoman said:   it's live now. link to nozzle set

it was OOS for delivery but available at my local store for pickup. the only place the free 8000 points was mentioned was in the special offer section. the online invoice and email confirmation do not mention the points:SYWR Members get $8 in points when you purchase this nozzle set. Items Sold by Sears. Offer ends 22-Apr-2013

Ditto: no mention of bonus points except for product page, so took screen shots. No mention in email confirmation either. Under profile since this is pending pickup no points show up yet as it's scheduled for pickup. Also I still can not search for the item except by directly clicking the link above from SD posting. Some there report receiving conf email with 8k points. I wonder if that is due to use of merchant link (FW) for 5% -- should not be the case so plan to email them later if points do not show up

kingdoodler said:   Oh no not this deal again. Wait till these freeze on to your hoses and you have to cut them off.

I bought my hose at Sears as well. Maybe I can return both at the same time?

Thanks, ordered one for store pick up.

Delete

Thanks OP. In for one.

9:04 EST: System temporarily not available. Please try later.

Unbelievable! I get the above error when I try to sign in.

I placed my order, going through ShopDiscover for additional 10% CashBack. Like others, the special offers screen shows the 8000 point deal, but order screen says I will get only 80 points for this purchase. We'll see...

Chris.

invisible said:   momoman said:   it was OOS for delivery but available at my local store for pickup. the only place the free 8000 points was mentioned was in the special offer section. the online invoice and email confirmation do not mention the points.Ditto: no mention of bonus points except for product page, so took screen shots. No mention in email confirmation either. Under profile since this is pending pickup no points show up yet as it's scheduled for pickup.Ordered for store pick-up; bonus points showed up in my SYWR Account History soon after placing the order.

I have these nozzles and have not experienced any problems with them yet (after 9 months) in a moderate (California) climate. Just got another set as a back up. Thanks OP.

Screenshot
Disclaimer
Deal is live!

kingdoodler said:   Oh no not this deal again. Wait till these freeze on to your hoses and you have to cut them off.

+1.....at least this time you can get them for what they are actually worth.............$0!

Thanks OP!

Had trouble doing this from my phone but got it to finally work. Didn't see any mention of it being limit one offer, right?

Only see that before place order now: You'll earn 80 points on this order with Shop Your Way RewardsSM Credit.

MISTERCHEAP said:   VALID SUNDAY AND MONDAY 4.21-22 only!!

WITH SHOP YOUR WAY ACCOUNT

www.sears.com

sku 07140130 (not yet online)

$7.99, get 8000 syw points back = Free

only get 80 points

Earn 80 points on this order.

invisible said:   momoman said:   it's live now. link to nozzle set

Ditto: no mention of bonus points except for product page, so took screen shots. No mention in email confirmation either. Under profile since this is pending pickup no points show up yet as it's scheduled for pickup. Also I still can not search for the item except by directly clicking the link above from SD posting. Some there report receiving conf email with 8k points. I wonder if that is due to use of merchant link (FW) for 5% -- should not be the case so plan to email them later if points do not show up

Update: 8080 points showed up in SYWR & history after all this once I got store-pickup confirmation email ... all Ok now ...

Now to use the redeem $25 get back $20 deal ....

Just scored one. Waiting for the confirmation email and points credit...

Out of stock...

8000 bonus SYWR points received.

I'm impressed- mine shows 8080 points earned. Thanks, OP!

These nozzles are crap and will freeze to the hose you attach them to if you leave them on long enough (took only 3 months in my case). Pay a few bucks more and get a brass nozzle set instead.

Just ordered 1 for pickup. I plan to attach it to my new-for-$19.99 50' Craftsman hose, so if this "freezes" up on me, I' ll be returning them both for a new nozzle AND a new hose. No hose end-cutting for me!

blueribb said:   onavi said:   I got these on sale like 2 years ago and they all broke. had to take them down to Sears for a replacement as all of them broke. one of them is broke again after two months. they are cheaply made of plastic which breaks consistently and the aluminum bodies started to corrode on the inside. next time its going to be a brass nozzle.

If you keep returning them under warranty, will they eventually upgrade to a better made replacement ?

It is a win win situation for Sears. Easy way to bring customers to store. You will likely buy something else.

BetterDays said:   These nozzles are crap and will freeze to the hose you attach them to if you leave them on long enough (took only 3 months in my case). Pay a few bucks more and get a brass nozzle set instead.

So, get these using ShopDiscover and make a profit. Once these break, buy the brass ones. Still come out ahead.

Chris.

Skipping 13 Messages...
classicmac said:   If you don't want to risk an accessory being rusted stuck to your hose you could also use quick connect hose fittings. As a side benefits it also lets you connect/disconnect an accessory from the hose in 2 seconds. Here is an example of an item at Home Depot.

Link

I've had bad luck with plastic parts for hoses because they eventually crack from ultraviolet or chlorine in the water. I had 2-way "Y" valves and on-off valves made of either polyethylene or polypropylene that always failed in under a year.

And what will I do with the extra 7 seconds I save from faster changes?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014