• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Seagate - FreeAgent GoFlex 3 TB 3.5" External Network Hard Drive - Black for $116.99 + free shipping

https://clearance.bestbuy.com/detail/seagate-freeagent-goflex-3-...

Use code EARTHDAY22
The GoFlex Home network storage system connects to your WiFi router, allowing you to wirelessly store and access files and back up multiple computers in the home. The GoFlex Home network storage system includes software to automatically and continuously back up all the files and folders on up to 3 PC and Mac computers in the home.
•Storage Capacity: 3 TB
•Rotational Speed: 5400 rpm
•Ethernet Technology: Gigabit Ethernet
•Host Interface: USB 2.0
•Network (RJ-45): Yes
•Power Source: AC Supply
•Drive Type: External
•Limited Warranty: 2 Year

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Seagate - FreeAgent GoFlex 3 TB
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
4/16 - 16% Off sitewide w/Code: RESPECT16
4/17 - 17% Off sitewide w/Code: CONSERVE17
4/18 - 18% Off sitewide w/Code: CLIMATE18
4/19 - 19% Off sitewide w/Code: FLORA19
4/20 - 20% Off sitewide with Code: FAUNA20
4/21 - 21% Off sitewide w/Code: OCEANS21
4/22 - 22% Off sitewide w/Code: EARTHDAY22
4/23 - 23% Off sitewide w/Code: RECYCLE23
4/24 - 24% Off sitewide w/Code: PROTECT24
4/25 - 25% Off sitewide w/Code: PLANET25
credit to ig1979
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for 1 for the drive to use with my existing base. Can't beat the price. Thanks!

A 3TB drive with USB 2? That's gonna take forever to fill/transfer.

bugsie said:   A 3TB drive with USB 2? That's gonna take forever to fill/transfer.

It's a NAS not an external drive.

Compared to my old WD mybookworld, it's twice as fast over Ethernet.

also, I you can buy a usb 3.0 dock that it fit's in for faster transfers.

dniksich said:   bugsie said:   A 3TB drive with USB 2? That's gonna take forever to fill/transfer.

It's a NAS not an external drive.

Compared to my old WD mybookworld, it's twice as fast over Ethernet.

also, I you can buy a usb 3.0 dock that it fit's in for faster transfers.

Do you know why does it say "host interface - USB 2.0"... Is that just in addition to the Ethernet?

Or, does it connect to the network via ethernet, then convert to USB 2.0 to connect to the drive?

sgogo said:   Do you know why does it say "host interface - USB 2.0"... Is that just in addition to the Ethernet?

Or, does it connect to the network via ethernet, then convert to USB 2.0 to connect to the drive?
It's to plug in a printer so you can share it over the network.

http://www.seagate.com/files/staticfiles/docs/pdf/datasheet/disc...

comprx said:   sgogo said:   Do you know why does it say "host interface - USB 2.0"... Is that just in addition to the Ethernet?

It's to plug in a printer so you can share it over the network.

http://www.seagate.com/files/staticfiles/docs/pdf/datasheet/disc...

Or you can plug in another drive or a hub to use multiple drives.

In for one, thanks OP! (Now to look for reviews.)

Edit: Not much of a "Clearance" Sale at BestBuy. It's $10 more than the clearance price, at the regular BestBuy site (before the 22% off coupon).

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Seagate+-+FreeAgent+GoFlex+Home+3TB+...

in for one. good deal for 3TB of NAS. hope the software makes my personal cloud storage concept a reality.

Is this easy to take it out and use it as bare drive?

ekmsit said:   Is this easy to take it out and use it as bare drive?

Yes, I've done it on a few of the GoFlex drives- the "interface" on the bottom is straight SATA/power, so if you don't want to void the warranty you could keep it in the case and just lay it down in your system... unless you want to put it in some sort of NAS.

The dock is basically a Seagate Dockstar (older pogoplug with 128mb ram) with a SATA interface on top and 1 USB port instead of 3. Archlinux runs well on it.

/edit/ also if this is your first 3tb drive, your mobo/os might need some special software to recognize it. Normal OS's recognize drives up to 2.2TB with no problem, but 3TB breaks the normal addressing threshold. Not saying it's NOT possible, but check yourself before you wreck yourself.

ekmsit said:   Is this easy to take it out and use it as bare drive?There are several YouTube videos about disassembling the case to get to the internal drive, but if you mean using the drive in its case through its SATA connectors on the back, that's also easy, but those plugs are sunk almost 1/8" from the back, meaning some SATA sockets are too short reach in far enough, including the SATA power cables found on Corsair Builder series power supplies (CX430, CX750, etc., made by CWT -- Channel Well Technology). OTOH the SATA sockets on Seasonics, including those sold by Antec, are fit fine.

In for 2 ...thanks OP.

The 2TB version is also available. $76.99+tax today. I started a new thread for it: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1269190/

I am looking for something with out tax

Shoot, too late for this deal. It's $149 and all codes are coming back as expired.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014