• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
See Sears promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Wiper Blades
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Shucks, they were a bit less expensive around this time last year.

Gimmeit (Apr. 26, 2013 @ 4:43p) |

I imagine that availability varies by location.

All that aside, I like to buy these and throw out the frames, just take t... (more)

thc (Apr. 26, 2013 @ 5:41p) |

dead

forthill (Apr. 27, 2013 @ 5:28p) |

Find which blades your car supports here (Winplus.com)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

green for OP, but for the timing.
(I just bought wiper blades Thursday)

Green. Perfect opportunity to use my "match your rewards" promo they just emailed me.... Thanks.

Order 4 wipers, good to go for a year now.

Find which blades your car supports here (Winplus.com)

anyone use the aquablades? I got the Valeo ultimates aero blade when they were on sale a year ago and they lasted 9-12 mo (usually mine are good for 6mo). Or I'll get the gold series for even cheaper

In for 2 cars (4 blades) Thanks OP

Grrr, I need a 28" and a 14" for my car (Honda Fit), and they don't have any 14" blades.

+ 10% Shop Discover CB

perfect my husband was just complaining about how the last set of expensive blades I bought for his car didn't last. I opted for the Gold quality and figure he'll just change them out twice as often.

radam13 said:   anyone use the aquablades? I got the Valeo ultimates aero blade when they were on sale a year ago and they lasted 9-12 mo (usually mine are good for 6mo). Or I'll get the gold series for even cheaper

wwinters said:   perfect my husband was just complaining about how the last set of expensive blades I bought for his car didn't last. I opted for the Gold quality and figure he'll just change them out twice as often.

I'd appreciate any insight/advice on the difference between the aquablades, gold and silver. In the sizes I need, the silver, although cheaper, gets much better reviews than the gold (although limited in number for both), but there are no reviews on the aquablades.

I have used the Silver series before. They were truly AWFUL. Very hard, so they bounced across my windshield on the up stroke, then on the down stroke they left streaks, well, more like small puddles of water. Not the greatest fit either. I love a deal, but these were no deal even for $3 each and I returned them ALL.

Thanks....ordered a set of Aquablades for my vehicle....going on just over 2 years with the originals.

bxd20 said:   I have used the Silver series before. They were truly AWFUL. Very hard, so they bounced across my windshield on the up stroke, then on the down stroke they left streaks, well, more like small puddles of water. Not the greatest fit either. I love a deal, but these were no deal even for $3 each and I returned them ALL.

Hmm, that's what the (all negative) reviews said for the gold series. Makes me wonder if the aquablades are the only way to go, but at $8.50-$9.50 each I also wonder if other brands may be better at that price point.

I use the rain-x equivalent for my drivers side and the cheapest blades I can find (like these $3 silvers) for my passenger side. I would rather pay a bit more for the drivers side to get the single pressure point arched blades that do not leave streaks.

Needed 8 wipers for my four cars. Only two of the sizes I needed were available. One in the 21" size and two of the 22" size. Not worth trying to shop for this deal unless you are lucky enough to need the few sizes they have. Could not get 26", 24" or 20"(needed 3). Consumer reports rated four brands as recommended or best buys. Valeo 600 series $11 got the highest rating (72)(Recommended), Rain-X Latitude $17 (70)(Recommended), Anco 31 series $7 (66)(Best Buy) and Michelin RainForce $12 (65) (Best Buy).

Rain-X blades are cheaper at Target. I learned that the hard way.

sheesh

Of the wipers I have tried, on a performance vs cost basis, I like the Goodyear blades that Costco sells. I believe they are $8 per blade for any size. The initial wipe is A+ and they last a respectable amount of time. If you don't have access to Costco, I agree with what BobbyK wrote.

Thanks OP

Picked up a 26", 22" and 14"

I agree on the Costco blades. Also usually every 3 months they offer a coupon in their booklett for a few dollars off - sell price of $5. Great wiper for the money.

Shucks, they were a bit less expensive around this time last year.

bxd20 said:   I have used the Silver series before. They were truly AWFUL. Very hard, so they bounced across my windshield on the up stroke, then on the down stroke they left streaks, well, more like small puddles of water. Not the greatest fit either. I love a deal, but these were no deal even for $3 each and I returned them ALL.
Silvers have been great for me. Smooth and clear.

BobbyK1 said:   Needed 8 wipers for my four cars. Only two of the sizes I needed were available. One in the 21" size and two of the 22" size. Not worth trying to shop for this deal unless you are lucky enough to need the few sizes they have. Could not get 26", 24" or 20"(needed 3). Consumer reports rated four brands as recommended or best buys. Valeo 600 series $11 got the highest rating (72)(Recommended), Rain-X Latitude $17 (70)(Recommended), Anco 31 series $7 (66)(Best Buy) and Michelin RainForce $12 (65) (Best Buy).
I imagine that availability varies by location.

All that aside, I like to buy these and throw out the frames, just take the rubber refills out and use them in beam blades with worn-out rubber. Unlike frame blades, beam blades don't wear out structurally, just the rubber inserts wear out. Unfortunately it's tough to find refills these days.

dead

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014