• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 16GB Black 3G Unlocked Android GSM Smart Phone with S Voice / Smart Stay / Direct Call

Link:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=75-176-412&Tpk=N...

$80 off w/ promo code EMCXSVP43, ends 5/2

Your Price: $399.99 -With Promo Code - EMCXSVP43

Don't forget FatCash!

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy S3
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

$20 more than the deal a few weeks back. But still hot. The phone is great. I'm very happy with it.

I'd wait till the s4 launches. The price should drop significantly then.

Any thoughts on this compared to the Nexus 4? I'm way behind on phones at this point but need to dump my Nexus One. This is the only article I could find that directly compares the two: link. After tax and shipping, the price is very close.

I know the MHL adapter will be cheaper than the Slimport adapter, S3 seems less breakable (no glass back), the dimensions are roughly the same, benchmark comparisons vary, S3 has microSD expansion, etc. But the warranty from Newegg is only 90 days compared to the Nexus 4 at one year plus one with AMEX.

Am I missing anything?

ETA: No 3G on T-Mobile.

Nexus 4, IMHO. No bloat, easy to mod.

TrentSteel said:   Any thoughts on this compared to the Nexus 4? I'm way behind on phones at this point but need to dump my Nexus One. This is the only article I could find that directly compares the two: link. After tax and shipping, the price is very close.

I know the MHL adapter will be cheaper than the Slimport adapter, S3 seems less breakable (no glass back), the dimensions are roughly the same, benchmark comparisons vary, S3 has microSD expansion, etc. But the warranty from Newegg is only 90 days compared to the Nexus 4 at one year plus one with AMEX.

Am I missing anything?

ETA: No 3G on T-Mobile.

The s3 takes better pictures overall if that matters to you and also has slightly better battery life and an a micro SD slot. I wouldn't trade my Nexus 4 for one though if given the choice. The experience with the Nexus is definitely superior due to vanilla android, instant updates, custom development, a better screen, a much better GPU, and a price/performance value you can't beat.

Samsung Note II is great, but a little big. This one is great!

Nexus 4 may seem cheap but you you'll be spending the same money for both. The nexus 4 16Gb is $350 +$20 shipping + tax- you cant avoid it like Newegg unless you live in one of those states. For texas its about $400 without Cash Back like Newegg.

So dont think about the nexus for $300- its wont happened. And it only have 4Gb left for your stuff-extremely small in this day and age.

I'd wait as some rumors suggest that at Google I/O in mid May thaey may announce a Nexus 4 w/ 32gb storage and LTE support. And as far as my crappy research went the unlocked Samsung S3 does not support LTE.

Good price for the phone. I am having a hard time selling my new SG3 on craigslist and eBay for $350. I just keep getting lowball offers-- I can't imagine what will happen when the S4 comes out!

tempting but this version of S3 has only 1GB ram vs 2GB(T-Mobile, AT&T, and other major carrier versions.) That's not a big deal for now but in the long run apps may require more ram(or you may want to run more apps at once.) If you want to keep the phone for 3-5 years, Nexus 4 has better technical specs. Otherwise a great price for an unlocked S3.
Also some other features may be better than Nexus 4.(Camera...,etc.)

Been on prepaid for a while now with the LG Optimus V (Virgin Mobile) and then moving on to LG Optimus Logic (Straight Talk) to get better cellular coverage. Took my SIM out and popped it into a Samsung S 4G and the difference in performance is incredible on these Galaxy phones. Kind of scared to see what the S3 can do compare to the S...

A few things to consider before ordering this version:

The cash price for the ATT version of this phone is $450, only $50 more. The extra $50 buys you LTE, 2GB ram, a year warranty and support from ATT (whatever that's worth.)

According to various sources a T-Mobile LTE version of the S3 will be introduced in a couple of weeks and if the expected price drop occurs when T-Mobile introduces the S4, it may be worth waiting for that version.

Not a good deal at all eBay deals had the international gsm unlocked which has the quad core processor for 380 no coupon

I'd wait as some rumors suggest that at Google I/O in mid May thaey may announce a Nexus 4 w/ 32gb storage and LTE support. And as far as my crappy research went the unlocked Samsung S3 does not support LTE.

There are many flavors of LTE. No universal LTE,

Black is sold out, and the sale ends tomorrow. Blue and white are available, and they are also on sale.

Based on my research, this does seem like a much better phone than the Nexus 4 for approximately the same price, unless of course you need 3G on TMO. Simply based on the fragile nature of the Nexus 4, the Galaxy S3 seems much less risky. Also, being first in line for OS updates isn't always a good thing--4.2.2 made my Nexus 7 practically unusable.

Does anyone know if the 90-day warranty is considered manufacturer or not? Trying to decide between AMEX for a little warranty cushion or a different card to hit spending requirements.

Thanks for all the input so far.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014