• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Buy 2 Walgreens Alkaline batteries, 4-packs on sale Buy 1 at $3.99 get 1 FREE
Use the $0.99 Walgreens Alkaline batteries 4-pack coupon found in the “Happy & Healthy” Coupon Booklet (will make both packs just $0.99 total ac) (Available when you walk in to store by weekly circulars) You only need ONE coupon, will apply against all packs in multiples of twos to get this deal.

Minus the buy 1 get 1 FREE sale = $0.99 for both
Final cost $0.99 total – only $$0.50 per 4 pack, just $0.13 per battery!

ad screen shot

http://h2savecom.files.wordpress.com/2013/04/screen-shot-2013-04...

thnx collin/h2s

Walgreens
See Walgreens discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Walgreen's batteries
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
If you need c/d cell batteries, you can buy plastic adapters on eBay for cheap...

Do a search for AA to C cell adapter or... (more)

voyagerbob (May. 06, 2013 @ 10:46a) |

No, BOGO ended Saturday the 4th. You can still use the coupon to get one 4-pack for 99c through 5/18

crhptic (May. 06, 2013 @ 11:39a) |

It's ok, because you come off looking like an a-hole

DubSlick (May. 07, 2013 @ 1:47p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Batteries cost money?

Please provide receipt scan showing that this actually worked.

C320 said:   Please provide receipt scan showing that this actually worked.

it works cause it's within Walgreens coupon policy.

you can use a store coupon on a BOGO sale. in this case the coupon makes the price of each .99, and then takes one off as part of the BOGO sale.

Green from Me

works for me

Those batteries dont last long at all 3 days to 4 days max in a remote tv control.
Crap if you ask me.

I want the Staples offer back on these.
Not that I really need any, I just give most away

Deal worked exactly as the OP described. Purchased 4 packs for $2.xx total (including tax).

WORKED GREAT! Got 4 - 4packs for $2 !!!
Went grocery shopping at meijer this am, and stopped off at Walgreens on the way home to see if I could score some AA batteries.
They still had them in stock, and I found the coupon in the back of the Happy and Healthy Coupon Book.
I did have to sign up for Walgreens rewards tho

THANKS!

sartor said:   WORKED GREAT! Got 4 - 4packs for $2 !!!
Went grocery shopping at meijer this am, and stopped off at Walgreens on the way home to see if I could score some AA batteries.
They still had them in stock, and I found the coupon in the back of the Happy and Healthy Flier.
I did have to sign up for Walgreens rewards tho

THANKS!

actually, the rewards program at Wags is pretty good. Points you earn have a long expiration time. can use your phone # vs. the club card if you don't want another key thingy on your key chain.

multiple confirmations that it works and you give the deal red. nice.

WG Receipt
Disclaimer

They have been on sale for 99 cents a couple times lately,but BOGO is awesome at 50 cents per pack. I think I will go get more if the local store is not out of stock. Great Deal. TY OP.

craiger1854 said:   Those batteries dont last long at all 3 days to 4 days max in a remote tv control.
Crap if you ask me.

Actually I've put the Walgreens brand batteries up against the free Duracells from Staples and find that the Walgreens last just as long, if not longer. Maybe your Walgreens just stocks old crappy batteries.

texx52 said:   They have been on sale for 99 cents a couple times lately,but BOGO is awesome at 50 cents per pack. I think I will go get more if the local store is not out of stock. Great Deal. TY OP.

if oos get a raincheck on both the sale ad and the coupon if they let you.

They were out of 4-packs and the manager had the clerk ring-up two 8-packs for $1.98 each.

That'll work!

slickchannels said:   They were out of 4-packs and the manager had the clerk ring-up two 8-packs for $1.98 each.

That'll work!

AWESOME!!
Thanks for the idea! Other fatwalleters may benefit from your post!!

The deal worked great. I stopped at two different WAGS (had other things to buy too.) and ended up with 8 packs. Thanks OP!

is there a pdf of this coupon? My store manager said it was only sent to test markets and we didn't get any. He said if I could print one out, he would honor it. BTW, the batteries were on sale in my store for $4.49 BOGO.

scottvm said:   is there a pdf of this coupon? My store manager said it was only sent to test markets and we didn't get any. He said if I could print one out, he would honor it. BTW, the batteries were on sale in my store for $4.49 BOGO.

Scott, hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you. it should work if you just print it out and bring it to the store.

Walgreens battery coupon
Disclaimer
"hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you"

If you click on it, you will see a much larger coupon!

sartor said:   "hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you"

According to the cashier who I purchased from, the "1010" part (or "01010" part) of the CPN code is all that's needed for cashiers to enter it in manually.

slickchannels said:   They were out of 4-packs and the manager had the clerk ring-up two 8-packs for $1.98 each.
That'll work!
Two 8-packs for $1.98 each 8-pack? I hope you meant $1.98 TOTAL for two 8-packs as that would be comperable to the deal in the OP.

TheDiggler said:   sartor said:   "hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you"

According to the cashier who I purchased from, the "1010" part (or "01010" part) of the CPN code is all that's needed for cashiers to enter it in manually.

They won't allow you to tell the cashier "hey punch in 1010" unless you have the original, not a print out coupon.

qUAan said:   TheDiggler said:   sartor said:   "hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you"

They won't allow you to tell the cashier "hey punch in 1010" unless you have the original, not a print out coupon.

wrong! print outs are fine. what do you think they do w/these coupons afterwards? they go in the trash. they aren't submitted like a manufacturer coupon, all they care about is the barcode to generate the discount in the system.

Dang! You're right! The 8-packs were entered prior to scanning the coupon for my two 4-packs of AAAs.

Dem bastards. Cost me $5.36 for 24 batteries.

Think I'll be visiting again as I obviously have no record in their system of a AA w/coupon purchase.

qUAan said:   TheDiggler said:   sartor said:   "hopefully someone can upload the coupon for you"

I never said they would accept it verbally. The cashier I purchased from went out of her way to inform me that the only part of the cpn they really needed were those 4 or 5 digits.

TheDiggler said:   slickchannels said:   They were out of 4-packs and the manager had the clerk ring-up two 8-packs for $1.98 each.
That'll work!
Two 8-packs for $1.98 each 8-pack? I hope you meant $1.98 TOTAL for two 8-packs as that would be comperable to the deal in the OP.
Wow, received red from "bittterman" for the post above. Guess some people can't do simple math.

TheDiggler said:   TheDiggler said:   slickchannels said:   They were out of 4-packs and the manager had the clerk ring-up two 8-packs for $1.98 each.
That'll work!
Wow, received red from "bittterman" for the post above. Guess some people can't do simple math.

Well, he is being consistent with his username at least.

C320 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   C320 said:   Please provide receipt scan showing that this actually worked.

And how many hours afterwards did this happen?

BTW

There is nothing wrong with requesting proof based on all the "deals" posted that never were done by the actual OP; only some math skills were shown.

If you don't believe, STFF FW

207 hot deals VS 0. Mister Cheap has proven himself with his track record and I see no reason to start doubting him now! If Butcher Boy is on the bandwagon too, then that is *all* I need to know the deal is real! lol

Thanks to MC. Going to stop by this afternoon to get some batteries!

Deal works perfectly, I did it yesterday.

ViveLeRoi said:   C320 said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   C320 said:   Please provide receipt scan showing that this actually worked.

And how many hours afterwards did this happen?

BTW

There is nothing wrong with requesting proof based on all the "deals" posted that never were done by the actual OP; only some math skills were shown.

If you don't believe, STFF FW

207 hot deals VS 0. Mister Cheap has proven himself with his track record and I see no reason to start doubting him now! If Butcher Boy is on the bandwagon too, then that is *all* I need to know the deal is real! lol

Thanks to MC. Going to stop by this afternoon to get some batteries!
omg, don't forget to replenish your supply of butter while you are there.

Worked perfectly. I did it this afternoon. Thanks a lot!

16 packs (8 AA and 8 AAA) for $8.48. Very nice. Miami, FL location.

The batteries didn't have the BOGO tag on it but it rang up properly.

NYC. 5.49 each pack. bought 4. $1.98 plus tax.

Thanks!

Went to a different Walgreens today and the batteries were not ringing up BOGO. Manager had to manually override

crhptic said:   craiger1854 said:   Those batteries dont last long at all 3 days to 4 days max in a remote tv control.
Crap if you ask me.

Actually I've put the Walgreens brand batteries up against the free Duracells from Staples and find that the Walgreens last just as long, if not longer. Maybe your Walgreens just stocks old crappy batteries.

I thought they are Duracells? I recall a reddit thread that showed if you peel back the label, it showed Duracell underneath.

Let's be honest...a Drugstore doesn't manufacture batteries, lol. A company with the technology to do so does. Who is it? I'm betting a major one...

The thread at SD says they're made by energizer. The bottoms of the Walgreens that I picked up looked like Energizers

Edit
Thanks for the negative for no reason acrochriscb

Skipping 9 Messages...
aarzi said:   Difference is, I am not a CRYBABY!

It's ok, because you come off looking like an a-hole

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014