• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Newegg has TRENDnet TEG-S24DG Unmanaged 10/100/1000Mbps Gigabit GREENnet Switch for $89.99 after $10 MIR.

I have been using this same switch supporting WMC 7 based "Whole house DVR" with 8 tuners (4x network attached tuners, and 5 network attached TV's) without a hick up.

It supports jumbo frames and has 16K MAC address table.

When I run a network speed test (SSD to SSD) I get about 950 - 980 Mbps, which is pretty efficient and fast for residential equipment. To get true gigabit without losses you would have to spend 3 to 5 times more.

Newegg said: •24 x 10/100/1000Mbps Auto-MDIX Gigabit Ethernet ports
•On / off power switch
•Features a 48Gbps forwarding capacity
•Internal power supply reduces clutter
•GREENnet technology reduces electrical power consumption when:
•Ethernet port is not in use
•Connected device is turned off
•Connected device is in power-saving mode
•Based on Ethernet cable length
•IEEE 802.3x Flow Control for full-duplex mode
•Back pressure Flow Control for half-duplex mode
•Store-and-Forward switching architecture with non-blocking wire-speed performance
•Integrated address look-up engine with a 8 K MAC address table, and 3.5 MBits RAM data buffer
•Operates and maximizes packet filtering and forwarding rate
•Jumbo Frame support up to 9216 Bytes
•Sturdy metal housing
•Diagnostic LEDs and Plug & Play support
•3-year limited warranty

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

trendnet (10.77kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

I have 2x 8-port gigabit switches from this line and couldn't be happier. OP what are you using to benchmark your LAN speeds?

TheFinalProphecy said:   I have 2x 8-port gigabit switches from this line and couldn't be happier. OP what are you using to benchmark your LAN speeds?

I am using this LAN speed tester Just select a big file, like 1 Gb or 10 Gb to get accurate results for sustained thoroughput. The default file size is small and you will usually get higher ratings.

blueiedgod said:   TheFinalProphecy said:   I have 2x 8-port gigabit switches from this line and couldn't be happier. OP what are you using to benchmark your LAN speeds?

I am using this LAN speed tester Just select a big file, like 1 Gb or 10 Gb to get accurate results for sustained thoroughput. The default file size is small and you will usually get higher ratings.
Thanks this program works great! Had been meaning to test out the differences in speed transferring files over my LAN between my 2.4Ghz N network and my 5Ghz A network. Wireless-A was way faster.

Thanks OP, been looking for a "whole house" solution, which includes a SageTV/7MC setup. Hearing that you're using 7MC with this and it works well was very helpful!

aedgington said:   Thanks OP, been looking for a "whole house" solution, which includes a SageTV/7MC setup. Hearing that you're using 7MC with this and it works well was very helpful!

No problem. I have been using the current WMC7 since the day it came out in 2009. Was using Vista before, and XP MCE before that.

I don't think Sage ever supported encrypted cable, so I did not invest into it. With WMC, you get all of your cable channels, even HBO, Cinemax and such. With extenders you can pipe that content into any room in the house. However, without extenders, if you use other pc's, you will be limited to content that is no copyright protected, kind of like Sage.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014