• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Power Verbs for Job Seekers: Hundreds of Verbs and Phrases to Bring Your Resumes, Cover Letters, and Job Interviews to Life [Kindle Edition] - was $22.99

Michael Lawrence Faulkner (Author), Michelle Faulkner-Lunsford (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BHEY5E0

Publication Date: February 19, 2013

4 Reviews ★★★★

Electrify all your job search communications and build the great career you want!

The right verbs

• make you unforgettable

• powerfully demonstrate your value

• attract employers like moths to flame

Grab the right verb and use it the right way to:

Craft outstanding résumés, cover letters, and thank-you notes

Draw attention to your best achievements and accomplishments

Get your face-to-face interview—and ace it

Pitch yourself brilliantly, even if you only have a minute

Weave Crucial “soft skills” expertise into your career communications

Prove you’re the person they’re looking for

Jam-packed with examples drawing on thousands of years of storytelling, literature, and experience

Indispensable for everyone who wants a rewarding, successful, well-paid career!

About the Author

Dr. Michael Lawrence Faulkner is Professor at the Keller Graduate School of Management, DeVry University. He first learned leadership, management, and communication as a U.S. Marine Corps combat NCO, drill instructor, and classroom instructor. He then spent 30 years leading and coaching at Dun & Bradstreet , the Direct Marketing Association (DMA), entrepreneur startups, and his own family business.

Michelle Faulkner-Lunsford, an experienced marketing manager, is a graduate of Middle Tennessee State University.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

power verbs (19.40kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:

Thanks, OP.

• attract employers like moths to flame

That sounds like employers are going to be dead (or seriously injured) once they hire you. Seems like they got their "verbs" wrong on this one..

Great. Thanks!

Once you read this you can endorse the empowering, elucidating, champion verbs that are construed by the author to be the coalesced complete catalog for those seeking jobs.

Thanks! Worth a glance to help my resume...

My favorite resumes are those that say they "Pay attention to detial" (Not a typo...actually happened.) Also those that say they're an "expert in HIPPA". (It's HIPAA.)

Let's try to "wrap our arms around this". We'll start with the "low hanging fruit" while avoiding the "delta". Then we'll "think outside the box" and "brainstorm" a "solution" that will allow us to "leverage" our "best practices" and "core competencies". Once that's "put to bed" we can "reach out" to our "business partners" so that they can "run it up the flag pole" to see if we can "take it to the next level". At that point we may have to "branch out" so we'll need to keep it "scalable" because there are going to be "a lot of moving parts". "At the end of the day" I think we can "hit this one out of the park". Is everybody "on board"?

SK1911094 said:   Let's try to "wrap our arms around this". We'll start with the "low hanging fruit" while avoiding the "delta". Then we'll "think outside the box" and "brainstorm" a "solution" that will allow us to "leverage" our "best practices" and "core competencies". Once that's "put to bed" we can "reach out" to our "business partners" so that they can "run it up the flag pole" to see if we can "take it to the next level". At that point we may have to "branch out" so we'll need to keep it "scalable" because there are going to be "a lot of moving parts". "At the end of the day" I think we can "hit this one out of the park". Is everybody "on board"?

Can we dialog about this offline?

Do these tips really help? I think not but wouldnt mind a free sneak into the book.

I get my thing in action.

VERB! That's what's happenin'!

thanks!

Gethome said:   Once you read this you can endorse the empowering, elucidating, champion verbs that are construed by the author to be the coalesced complete catalog for those seeking jobs.

Very powerful.

thanks

I love these books because when you are combing through 100's of resumes and see people using these ridiculous words instead of telling you what they can do or have done, it really speeds up the elimination process.

To learn how to get hired, wouldn't it be better to read book about how to hire people?

As a past employer that has hired more the 1000 people in my life.
Show me what you have done, don't just describe what you have done.

luttapi said:   • attract employers like moths to flame

That sounds like employers are going to be dead (or seriously injured) once they hire you. Seems like they got their "verbs" wrong on this one..

No, you don't want to work for someone that not smart enough not to get burn!

Thanks OP!! Free is good, even though I don't need a job.

pthor1231 said:   SK1911094 said:   Let's try to "wrap our arms around this". We'll start with the "low hanging fruit" while avoiding the "delta". Then we'll "think outside the box" and "brainstorm" a "solution" that will allow us to "leverage" our "best practices" and "core competencies". Once that's "put to bed" we can "reach out" to our "business partners" so that they can "run it up the flag pole" to see if we can "take it to the next level". At that point we may have to "branch out" so we'll need to keep it "scalable" because there are going to be "a lot of moving parts". "At the end of the day" I think we can "hit this one out of the park". Is everybody "on board"?

Can we dialog about this offline?

LOL

sorry, I just think that this is a hilarious title and subject for a book. Hope it works for some of ya'll who take the time to read it

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014