• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Samsung
Disclaimer
•3rd Gen Intel® Core™ i3-3110M processor
Features a 2.4GHz processor speed.
•Intel® Core™ i3 processor
Features smart 4-way processing performance for HD quality computing.
•4GB DDR3 memory
For multitasking power, expandable to 8GB.
•Multiformat DVD±RW/CD-RW drive with double-layer support
Records up to 8.5GB of data or 4 hours of video using compatible DVD+R DL and DVD-R DL media.
•15.6" LED high-definition widescreen display
With 220 cd/m² brightness and 1366 x 768 resolution showcases movies and games in stunning clarity.
•500GB Serial ATA II hard drive (5400 rpm)
Offers spacious storage and fast read/write times.
•Intel® graphics
Feature shared video memory for lush images and vivid detail. HDMI output for flexible connectivity options.
•Built-in 1.3MP HD webcam
Makes it easy to video chat with family and friends.
•3-in-1 media reader
Supports Secure Digital, Secure Digital High Capacity and SDXC formats.
•3 high-speed USB 2.0 ports
For fast digital data transfer and easy peripheral connectivity.
•Built-in high-speed wireless LAN (802.11b/g/n)
Connect to the Internet without wires.
•Built-in Gigabit Ethernet LAN
With RJ-45 connector for quick and easy wired Web connection.
•Weighs 5.1 lbs. and measures just 1.4" thin
For easy portability. Keyboard with numeric keypad allows simple data entry.
•Windows 8 64-bit operating system preinstalled
Provides a stable platform for word processing, Web navigation, gaming, media storage and more.
LINK

Member Summary

laptop
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'd look hard and carefully at this unit before buying. In my view, it's not a bargain, not the most recent model, and lacks important features. Entry level i3 processor. Barely adequate 4GB of RAM (the upgrade to 8GB would help a lot, but check to see if you only need to buy another 4 GB of have to buy the full 8 GB and toss what's in there, if there aren't any empty DIMM slots). ATA II drive at a slow 5400 rpm (current and better models have the faster ATA III and 7200 rpm). Only USB 2.0 ports (USB 3 is much, much faster and all current laptops have USB 3). At 5+ lbs, it's more of a desktop replacement than a laptop to carry around. IMHO, Win 8 sucks, and this unit cannot use the touchscreen capabilities of Win 8. You can modify Win 8 to look and feel pretty much like Win 7, if you like. It's refurb'd, with no mention of warranty. All told, not worth the money.

gordon6971 said:   I'd look hard and carefully at this unit before buying. In my view, it's not a bargain, not the most recent model, and lacks important features. Entry level i3 processor. Barely adequate 4GB of RAM (the upgrade to 8GB would help a lot, but check to see if you only need to buy another 4 GB of have to buy the full 8 GB and toss what's in there, if there aren't any empty DIMM slots). ATA II drive at a slow 5400 rpm (current and better models have the faster ATA III and 7200 rpm). Only USB 2.0 ports (USB 3 is much, much faster and all current laptops have USB 3). At 5+ lbs, it's more of a desktop replacement than a laptop to carry around. IMHO, Win 8 sucks, and this unit cannot use the touchscreen capabilities of Win 8. You can modify Win 8 to look and feel pretty much like Win 7, if you like. It's refurb'd, with no mention of warranty. All told, not worth the money.

Seriously? Name another 3rd gen i3 laptop that matches your "requirements" for $299...

What's the warranty? Can't find mention of it on the product page.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014