• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Spring Grilling Packs from Omaha Steaks @ Groupon - $50.00
was $117.99
Free Shipping!
Expires On: May 3, 2013 11:59pm

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Groupon
See Groupon promo codes that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Omaha Steaks
See Omaha Steaks promo codes that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Spring Grilling Packs from Omaha Steaks
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'll reserve judgment about Omaha Steaks for a moment and just look at the offering. $50 gets you

Two 5-ounce top sirloin steaks
Six 4-ounce Omaha Steaks burgers
Four 3-ounce gourmet jumbo franks
Four caramel apple tartlets

Considering the smallest steak at Outback is 6oz and costs 10-11 bucks WITH two sides...cooked and served to you...
Quarter-pound burgers...1.5 lbs of unknown lean % meat...
A half pack of hot dogs...costco has 1 lb dogs cooked and served for what..$1.50?
4 little snacks

Freshdirect for comparison:
Top sirloin 2x 5-7 oz vacuum packed - $6.59
4x 6oz burgers (they avoid tiny 4oz burgers thankfully but same quantity of meat) - $12
taking a bigger, organic 16oz pack of hotdogs (vs 12oz) is $7.50 (mind you cheap hot dogs are ~3 bucks)
Tartlets...well let's take a whole key lime tart pie. $9.99
5 bucks for delivery? sure
-------------------------
41 bucks

Now, some areas don't have freshdirect (I'm in NYC) but I'm sure they have a grocery store which almost definitely has better prices than fresh direct. Not to mention the portions are about enough to feed a kid.

You stiffed your waitress in your example, jerk!

If you stiff your waitress, you gave her more than just a tip; more like you shafted her.

guys, guys, no need to drill it some more, I think he got the point

Autoegocrat said:   You stiffed your waitress in your example, jerk!

But he didn't deduct from Omaha Steaks for supplying his own labor and electricity/gas.

Let's do some math here:
2 times 5 ounces = 10 ounces
6 times 4 ounces = 24 ounces
4 timew 3 ounces = 12 ounces
For a total of 46 ounces thats (46/16) 2.875 pounds of meat that includes hot dog weenies and burger meat
Plus the additional apple tart (which is probably the cheapest fruit you can buy).
Even if it is Filet Mignon at say 15.99 a lb that's about $46 dollars (2.875*16)
Where is the value here I just don't see it?

jhuflyer said:   If you stiff your waitress, you gave her more than just a tip; more like you shafted her.Can you really guaranty her she will be satisfied with your tip?

It's not a like an arrangement of delivered flowers is worth $50 either. It makes a nice gift for a guy like a brother or father.

Fredo said:   It's not a like an arrangement of delivered flowers is worth $50 either. It makes a nice gift for a guy like a brother or father.

That analogy might remotely make sense if the meat was significantly better than what normally is found in any grocery store. If you feel like overpaying for the "presentation" by the UPS guy dropping off a styrofoam container and some dry ice...knock yourself out.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014