• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
BenH said:   I was, however, trying to see if I would have been able to order from a kiosk at the store (at my store the employees order from the kiosk for you) to have it shipped to my folks and *still* receive the rewards credit. Would this have worked considering the deal was for "in store only?" I know that the in-store kiosk item orders can have in-store coupons applied against them - but would this have been considered an in-store order? None of the employees/on-duty managers really knew the answers...they were trying to put it through initially as a kiosk order to see if it would say anything in the system, but alas online was out-of-stock so we couldn't proceed. But, for future reference, I'd like to know if it would have been valid as a kiosk order.Once again ... "pay in store" kiosk order = in-store for rewards, on-line for rebates.

BenH said:   Hey all 2 questions:

1) I went to get the FARewards 5-paper reams on Saturday. I ended up just buying them at the store and bringing them home. I was, however, trying to see if I would have been able to order from a kiosk at the store (at my store the employees order from the kiosk for you) to have it shipped to my folks and *still* receive the rewards credit. Would this have worked considering the deal was for "in store only?" I know that the in-store kiosk item orders can have in-store coupons applied against them - but would this have been considered an in-store order? None of the employees/on-duty managers really knew the answers...they were trying to put it through initially as a kiosk order to see if it would say anything in the system, but alas online was out-of-stock so we couldn't proceed. But, for future reference, I'd like to know if it would have been valid as a kiosk order.

2) Anyone donate their extra paper/supplies for a tax deduction? If so - what are some places to target for the donations that people have had success with? I live in an urban area and although have lots of schools around me, I don't have kids in school yet so no contacts there.

thx

I'd contact local churches, Red Cross Chapters, Animal Shelters, etc. Any large not-for-profit organization. Typically, Red Cross or Animal Shelters just give you a receipt for the goods and you determine the value. They usually don't assign a dollar value to the items.

An off-topic question: has anyone seen the ink recycle rewards being posted for May? I recycled mine on May 3rd but still don't see it in my reward account.

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   BenH said:   I was, however, trying to see if I would have been able to order from a kiosk at the store (at my store the employees order from the kiosk for you) to have it shipped to my folks and *still* receive the rewards credit. Would this have worked considering the deal was for "in store only?" I know that the in-store kiosk item orders can have in-store coupons applied against them - but would this have been considered an in-store order? None of the employees/on-duty managers really knew the answers...they were trying to put it through initially as a kiosk order to see if it would say anything in the system, but alas online was out-of-stock so we couldn't proceed. But, for future reference, I'd like to know if it would have been valid as a kiosk order.Once again ... kiosk order = in-store for rewards, on-line for rebates.

Is that a yes? as in Kiosk orders count as in-store purchases for FAReward points?. I've searched through the beginner's thread again, and all that is said on Kiosks is:

"It's a computer in the store that's for customer use. It can be useful when you need to buy a product online (due to availability, rebate restrictions, etc...), but pay for it in store (so you can use store coupons, gift cards, etc...)"

No reference to if FARewards for in-store only items will count if they are purchased through the kiosk. The people at the store seemed to not know - and part of that confusion seemed to be with all the recent changes to the program. So it would be great if someone can definitively qualify that an in-store only item purchased via the kiosk still gets rewards.

BenH said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   BenH said:   I was, however, trying to see if I would have been able to order from a kiosk at the store (at my store the employees order from the kiosk for you) to have it shipped to my folks and *still* receive the rewards credit. Would this have worked considering the deal was for "in store only?" I know that the in-store kiosk item orders can have in-store coupons applied against them - but would this have been considered an in-store order? None of the employees/on-duty managers really knew the answers...they were trying to put it through initially as a kiosk order to see if it would say anything in the system, but alas online was out-of-stock so we couldn't proceed. But, for future reference, I'd like to know if it would have been valid as a kiosk order.Once again ... kiosk order = in-store for rewards, on-line for rebates.

Is that a yes? as in Kiosk orders count as in-store purchases for FAReward points?. I've searched through the beginner's thread again, and all that is said on Kiosks is:

"It's a computer in the store that's for customer use. It can be useful when you need to buy a product online (due to availability, rebate restrictions, etc...), but pay for it in store (so you can use store coupons, gift cards, etc...)"

No reference to if FARewards for in-store only items will count if they are purchased through the kiosk. The people at the store seemed to not know - and part of that confusion seemed to be with all the recent changes to the program. So it would be great if someone can definitively qualify that an in-store only item purchased via the kiosk still gets rewards.

In short, yes.

I'm not sure what was unclear about NoMoneyInMyWallet's response. A kiosk order -- at least those paid for in-store -- are considered in-store purchases for rewards purposes. So if you had purchased this case of paper, that was valid for rewards for in-store purchases, thru the kiosk (either self entered or employee entered) and paid in-store, it would have qualified for the rewards.

bpvh said:   In short, yes.

I'm not sure what was unclear about NoMoneyInMyWallet's response. A kiosk order -- at least those paid for in-store -- are considered in-store purchases for rewards purposes. So if you had purchased this case of paper, that was valid for rewards for in-store purchases, thru the kiosk (either self entered or employee entered) and paid in-store, it would have qualified for the rewards.

His second qualifier about the online rebates through me for a loop... On the one hand I would think the kiosk's would work as it is an "online" order, but OTOH you do pay for it in store so I thought it might be good. I should have been clued in by the fact that online was sold out - a good indicator that everyone else was ordering them online via the kiosk at the store.

Anyway...thanks for clarification.

BenH said:   bpvh said:   In short, yes.

His second qualifier about the online rebates through me for a loop... On the one hand I would think the kiosk's would work as it is an "online" order, but OTOH you do pay for it in store so I thought it might be good. I should have been clued in by the fact that online was sold out - a good indicator that everyone else was ordering them online via the kiosk at the store.

Anyway...thanks for clarification.

REWARDS and REBATES are two different things and for some reason Staples treats kiosk orders differently for REWARDS and REBATE purposes.

NoMoneyInMyWallet's answer is correct. A kiosk order -- at least those paid of in-store -- are considered IN-STORE orders for REWARDS purposes but ONLINE orders for REBATE purposes. So it is OK to purchase an in-store rewards item through the kiosk but NOT OK to purchase an in-store rebate item through the kiosk.

bpvh said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet's answer is correct. A kiosk order -- at least those paid of in-store -- are considered IN-STORE orders for REWARDS purposes but ONLINE orders for REBATE purposes. Thanks for adding the "paid for in-store" condition. I forgot to put that in my initial response.

Not to confuse the issue, but has anyone done a kiosk order that they paid for on-line, but still received in-store only rewards? I've always paid in-store since I always had in-store only coupons to use.

Anyone has problems on their 5% rewards purchase post on their account? I purchased few items almost a week, it said updated as of May 11. But didn't show up on my account.

I had 4 transactions in early May, 3 in-store and 1 online. I don't see any purchase details for May, but my year-to-date spending has increased.

Also missing May purchases.
My guess when rewards post this week the purchase details will update.
I do see the May purchases in year to date summary.
-----------------
And put inks in 4/30 not showing as in on front page Ink Cartridges Recycled 0
Ink Cartridges Remaining 20 )
but rewards show on purchase detail page.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014