• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today's Staples email had a coupon for FAR Hammermill paper with SKU coupon (i.e., it adds a dummy SKU to your order to force the rebate to print). That should work fine with the 20% off any item coupon, making it better than free. Limit one, expires Saturday 5/4.

20% Off Coupon

Free Paper Coupon

Staples
See Staples coupons that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

hammermill
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Data point, the Staples I go to is right next to a HD.

Also seen this a lot with Chic-fil-a and In-n-Outs. I just assume... (more)

jd2010 (May. 04, 2013 @ 7:53p) |

Not me (and I just submitted it). Make sure you're entering the offer number correctly. It's 13-61841.

billrubin (May. 04, 2013 @ 11:05p) |

Both of the closest Staples that I go to have a HD next to it. One its a self contained building in front of the HD, and... (more)

emp1 (May. 06, 2013 @ 5:57a) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I don't know much about Staples coupon policy. Can anyone confirm that these should stack?

FYI for the readers, the picture shown above is a case of paper, not a ream. A free ream of paper is still worth getting, though. Green for you!

Is this different than #13-59501

hamspamwich said:   I don't know much about Staples coupon policy. Can anyone confirm that these should stack?

They will stack. The free paper coupon isn't even actually a "coupon," it's a non-inventory SKU. The cashier should scan it just like it's a product you're buying.

shaggymutt said:   FYI for the readers, the picture shown above is a case of paper, not a ream. A free ream of paper is still worth getting, though. Green for you!I didn't add the picture, someone/thing does that after it's posted. I agree that it is wrong.

labboypro said:   Is this different than #13-59501Given that 13-59501 was only valid thru 4/27, I would certainly hope so. And the rebate is 13-61841, as you can find by searching on the SKU (122408).

hamspamwich said:   I don't know much about Staples coupon policy. Can anyone confirm that these should stack?
I may be missing something, but the fine print on the 2 cited coupons reads:

From 20% off coupon: "Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax."

From FREE after easy rebate. HammermillŪ Copy PlusŪ copy paper, ream coupon: "Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in order received and prior to tax."

As I said, I may be missing something, but voila!

Bill00 said:   hamspamwich said:   I don't know much about Staples coupon policy. Can anyone confirm that these should stack?

From 20% off coupon: "Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in the order received and prior to tax."

From FREE after easy rebate. HammermillŪ Copy PlusŪ copy paper, ream coupon: "Each item purchased can only be discounted by one coupon, applied by cashier in order received and prior to tax."

As was already explained by metsfan, and as I mentioned in my initial post (but maybe not verbose enough), the paper "coupon" is merely a dummy item that gets added to your receipt and causes the rebate form to print (you will not get the rebate form, and the rebate will not be valid, if that SKU is not also on your transaction). If does nothing to discount the price of the paper - it is $6.99 and that is the rebate. Thus the 20% off coupon CAN apply to the paper.

Bill00 said:   hamspamwich said:   I don't know much about Staples coupon policy. Can anyone confirm that these should stack?

20% is a coupon. This "coupon" is not a coupon but a non-inventory sku that triggers a rebate. So, only one discount as far as the register is concerned. Also, the verbage about can only be discounted by one coupon is often not the case as coupon stacking is very popular on fw @ Staples in spite of what the verbage indicates.

billrubin said:   Given that 13-59501 was only valid thru 4/27, I would certainly hope so. And the rebate is 13-61841, as you can find by searching on the SKU (122408).

Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I couldn't find EITHER rebate when I searched BEFORE asking. Their site (or my browser) appears to be having trouble, since it won't show me ANY rebate for ANY product at the moment.

labboypro said:   billrubin said:   Given that 13-59501 was only valid thru 4/27, I would certainly hope so. And the rebate is 13-61841, as you can find by searching on the SKU (122408).
Thanks for the clarification. Actually, I couldn't find EITHER rebate when I searched BEFORE asking. Their site (or my browser) appears to be having trouble, since it won't show me ANY rebate for ANY product at the moment.
I was actually able to find the new one listed under Hammermill. Usually they are hidden. I got the info on last week's rebate by tracking my submission, which showed me the terms of that rebate, including valid dates.

Thanks for the clarification on stacking. I have searched for answers to these questions throughout the Staples Rewards for Beginners (which I am) and throughout the forums, but I can't find them.

1) I've seen "Dummy SKU" referenced in multiple Staples threads (e.g.-"Use dummy SKU ####### to get this rebate"). Does that just mean hand the cashier a "coupon" to scan that acts as described above (not as a coupon, but as another item in the transaction)?? Hopefully that question is clear.

2) Regarding rewards availability... I completed my ink recycling limit on 4/30, so I have a $20 rewards balance. My rewards dashboard says these will be available on my May 2013 statement. I believe someone said that the actual date the rewards are available is visible on some webpage, but I can't find the date anywhere. Can anyone shed additional light on when I can use the rewards from my balance?

Thanks all.

hamspamwich said:   Thanks for the clarification on stacking. I have searched for answers to these questions throughout the Staples Rewards for Beginners (which I am) and throughout the forums, but I can't find them.

1) I've seen "Dummy SKU" referenced in multiple Staples threads (e.g.-"Use dummy SKU ####### to get this rebate"). Does that just mean hand the cashier a "coupon" to scan that acts as described above (not as a coupon, but as another item in the transaction)?? Hopefully that question is clear.

2) Regarding rewards availability... I completed my ink recycling limit on 4/30, so I have a $20 rewards balance. My rewards dashboard says these will be available on my May 2013 statement. I believe someone said that the actual date the rewards are available is visible on some webpage, but I can't find the date anywhere. Can anyone shed additional light on when I can use the rewards from my balance?

Thanks all.
May 14th. If it is not there now it will be soon. Rewards issue dates are published on the front page of Staples Rewards site when you are signed out.

is this a straight $6.99 or "UP TO" $6.99 rebate? last go round they were up to, so the 20% off coupon would not help in that situation, you'd just get net cost post coupon.

MISTERCHEAP said:   is this a straight $6.99 or "UP TO" $6.99 rebate? last go round they were up to, so the 20% off coupon would not help in that situation, you'd just get net cost post coupon.I thought it was only competitor Qs that messed with UP TO variable rebates. Does the 20% adjust the retail price like a competitor Q does?

Product: HammerMill Copy Plus Copy Paper 8.5 x 11 Ream NI-SKU

Rebate reward: Variable Check

Purchase dates: 05-02-2013 through 05-04-2013
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Up to $6.99 Rebate on a HammerMill 8.5 x 11 Copy Plus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer Number: 13-61841

Well there is the fact that it can technically stack versus whether the Staples employee will actually scan what looks like two coupons. I've gotten hassled when I try.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   is this a straight $6.99 or "UP TO" $6.99 rebate? last go round they were up to, so the 20% off coupon would not help in that situation, you'd just get net cost post coupon.I thought it was only competitor Qs that messed with UP TO variable rebates. Does the 20% adjust the retail price like a competitor Q does?

Product: HammerMill Copy Plus Copy Paper 8.5 x 11 Ream NI-SKU

Rebate reward: Variable Check

Purchase dates: 05-02-2013 through 05-04-2013
Postmark date: Purchase Date Plus 60 Days
Promotion: Up to $6.99 Rebate on a HammerMill 8.5 x 11 Copy Plus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples Stores ONLY
Rebate Offer Number: 13-61841

Not sure MF, that's why I was asking. always leery of an "up to" rebate and a coupon. think we saw this issue with the Back To School Passes when those took 15% off the price.

mactv said:   Well there is the fact that it can technically stack versus whether the Staples employee will actually scan what looks like two coupons. I've gotten hassled when I try.

a dummy "SKU" coupon does NOT discount the price in anyway. The fine print of the 20% says "discounted by only one coupon". So I don't see how there's any issue what so ever.

Really!!??

While it is personally very refreshing to see that, I have to wonder what you are doing on FW....

mactv said:   Well there is the fact that it can technically stack versus whether the Staples employee will actually scan what looks like two coupons. I've gotten hassled when I try.It is true there will be a clueless cashier who will hassle you. Fortunately, with the information from this thread, you can tell confidentially them that the paper coupon is not a real coupon at all, but a dummy item.

And make sure you tell them confidently.

Anyone know why the "retrieve" is messed up in the Rebate dept., and by when will it be fixed?

aarzi said:   Anyone know why the "retrieve" is messed up in the Rebate dept., and by when will it be fixed?Why don't you just manually enter the information?

To be honest, I wouldn't trust it if you've ever changed your address. My son entered a rebate, and on the page before final submission it had his new address, where he had been since last September. After submitting, it had the old address. He had to contact customer service to get it fixed, and it turns out that a couple of other checks had gone to the old address but he had not noticed that the last screen was wrong! One of them even got delivered to the old address (fortunately the found him and let him know).

Because I have 24 rebates to submit....

aarzi said:   Because I have 24 rebates to submit....Been reported that if you change the password it will start working. YMMV.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Ummm... where do I change it?

aarzi said:   I'll try that. Thanks.

Ummm... where do I change it?
Don't know. I had this issue a few weeks ago and changed the password. I think I use the same email and PW as I do for my rewards account so I changed it there AFAIK. Can't remember.

mathfaster said:   aarzi said:   Because I have 24 rebates to submit....Been reported that if you change the password it will start working. YMMV.I 'changed' the password using the forgot password option, but only to the same thing again. Next time I tried to retrieve info it just happened again. I'll try something new next time if it's still happening.

billrubin said:   aarzi said:   Anyone know why the "retrieve" is messed up in the Rebate dept., and by when will it be fixed?Why don't you just manually enter the information?

To be honest, I wouldn't trust it if you've ever changed your address. My son entered a rebate, and on the page before final submission it had his new address, where he had been since last September. After submitting, it had the old address. He had to contact customer service to get it fixed, and it turns out that a couple of other checks had gone to the old address but he had not noticed that the last screen was wrong! One of them even got delivered to the old address (fortunately the found him and let him know).

Why not use paypal for receiving rebates? It is hassle free, no address confusions.

nortotron said:   billrubin said:   aarzi said:   Anyone know why the "retrieve" is messed up in the Rebate dept., and by when will it be fixed?Why don't you just manually enter the information?

Why not use paypal for receiving rebates? It is hassle free, no address confusions.
Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.

mathfaster said:   nortotron said:   Why not use paypal for receiving rebates? It is hassle free, no address confusions.Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.I think it's a higher percentage than that. But in any event you still need to enter your mailing information.

I would suggest using a form filler for your browser. There are plenty of them out there that can fill in your address on the submission form. Personally, I am a little confused at how someone could have 24 Staples rebates to submit, but I guess they're buying multiples of something like paper and using different addresses/emails.

billrubin said:   mathfaster said:   nortotron said:   Why not use paypal for receiving rebates? It is hassle free, no address confusions.Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.I think it's a higher percentage than that. But in any event you still need to enter your mailing information.

I would suggest using a form filler for your browser. There are plenty of them out there that can fill in your address on the submission form. Personally, I am a little confused at how someone could have 24 Staples rebates to submit, but I guess they're buying multiples of something like paper and using different addresses/emails.

24 does seem a bit high, but I did have 5 this week with only one address. Four separate purchases of photo paper with 20% off coupon, and one free ream with 20% off coupon.

24 rebates on 6 accounts. I am the official designated gofer of our group that ensures rebates get submitted.

mathfaster said:   Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.

Why is that so? I submitted a paypal rebate for 19.98 (photo paper). Is there any additional charges for paypal rebate?

any update yet on the rebate amount showing if you used the 20% off coupon?

are you showing getting $6.99 or $5.59 on the Staples rebate site??

MISTERCHEAP said:   any update yet on the rebate amount showing if you used the 20% off coupon?

Last time I used a coupon to get item at less price, the rebate did not go down (turned FAR into MM). I guess decrease happens only with rewards. Have not checked this time though.

nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   any update yet on the rebate amount showing if you used the 20% off coupon?

Last time I used a coupon to get item at less price, the rebate did not go down (turned FAR into MM). I guess decrease happens only with rewards. Have not checked this time though.

sorry, I don't think you understand what I'm asking. not looking for speculation here, but from someone who's rebate has updated on the site since submission.

nortotron said:   mathfaster said:   Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.

Why is that so? I submitted a paypal rebate for 19.98 (photo paper). Is there any additional charges for paypal rebate?
No additional PayPal charges. It is < $10 per rebate per sku. If you bought 2 @ 9.99 then the sku is < $10 and your rebate is $19.98. Don't ask me why it is so, ask Staples.

Skipping 24 Messages...
jd2010 said:   Danzilla said:   aarzi said:   mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.Yup! Exactly that. It's possible it's a common phenomenon country-wide, but out of the 20 or so Staples I go to, only 2 have a HD next to them.Not much of a 'phenomenon' as it is just plain calculation. When looking to expand, a chain will often look for certain other popular draws, like a Home Depot, in the same mall/area. A big store that attracts a lot of business, but with little overlap that would compete with a Staples.

Data point, the Staples I go to is right next to a HD.

Also seen this a lot with Chic-fil-a and In-n-Outs. I just assumed they shared a strategic real estate team.
Both of the closest Staples that I go to have a HD next to it. One its a self contained building in front of the HD, and the other its in a very large mall with HD in it also. Non of the other 6 Staples that I go to have HDs by them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014