• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
mathfaster said:   nortotron said:   mathfaster said:   Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.

Why is that so? I submitted a paypal rebate for 19.98 (photo paper). Is there any additional charges for paypal rebate?
No additional PayPal charges. It is < $10 per rebate per sku. If you bought 2 @ 9.99 then the sku is < $10 and your rebate is $19.98. Don't ask me why it is so, ask Staples.


Oh I was not aware. Thanks.

MISTERCHEAP said:   nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   any update yet on the rebate amount showing if you used the 20% off coupon?

are you showing getting $6.99 or $5.59 on the Staples rebate site??


Last time I used a coupon to get item at less price, the rebate did not go down (turned FAR into MM). I guess decrease happens only with rewards. Have not checked this time though.


sorry, I don't think you understand what I'm asking. not looking for speculation here, but from someone who's rebate has updated on the site since submission.
Some posts on SD confirming if you used the 20% on the Hammermill ream you will get $6.99 rebate. Never hurts to ask. It is only regional pricing and competitor Qs that affect the retail price that reduce the rebate on UP TO variable rebates. These will pop up frequently again when BTS starts. The BTS pass which is percent off does affect UP TO rebate payouts. Not sure why they felt the need to make these UP TO rebates given their low retail value and limit of 1.

mathfaster said:   Not sure why they felt the need to make these UP TO rebates given their low retail value and limit of 1.They've done it with pens which are even cheaper. Has anyone seen this stuff for less than $6.99 regular price? I think it's the base price that affects "up to" rebates, and obviously the BTS pass did that, as opposed to normal coupons.

mathfaster said:   No additional PayPal charges. It is < $10 per rebate per sku. If you bought 2 @ 9.99 then the sku is < $10 and your rebate is $19.98. Don't ask me why it is so, ask Staples.I'm guessing it has to be related to the cost to them to issue a check/gift card/Paypal.

mathfaster said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   nortotron said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   any update yet on the rebate amount showing if you used the 20% off coupon?

are you showing getting $6.99 or $5.59 on the Staples rebate site??


Last time I used a coupon to get item at less price, the rebate did not go down (turned FAR into MM). I guess decrease happens only with rewards. Have not checked this time though.


sorry, I don't think you understand what I'm asking. not looking for speculation here, but from someone who's rebate has updated on the site since submission.
Some posts on SD confirming if you used the 20% on the Hammermill ream you will get $6.99 rebate. Never hurts to ask. It is only regional pricing and competitor Qs that affect the retail price that reduce the rebate on UP TO variable rebates. These will pop up frequently again when BTS starts. The BTS pass which is percent off does affect UP TO rebate payouts. Not sure why they felt the need to make these UP TO rebates given their low retail value and limit of 1.



thnx MF, it does get confusing, especially, as you say, the % off BTS pass hits the rebate with up to wording, so until someone confirms, I get very skiddish using a coupon with an up to rebate. I really have no use for the paper if it's not a mm, and it's not worth it to me if I have to pay sales tax (even with the 5% rewards), it's still costing me something + gas to make a trip for a ream of paper.

MISTERCHEAP said:   I really have no use for the paper if it's not a mm, and it's not worth it to me if I have to pay sales tax (even with the 5% rewards), it's still costing me something + gas to make a trip for a ream of paper.I'm going to pass even if it's a $1.40 pre-tax MM. Since I don't see anything else worthwhile getting (did I miss something?), it's not worth a trip to buy 1 ream of paper for so little profit.

I did the paper deal using both the 20% off coupon and the rebate coupon and it looks like I will be getting the full rebate of $6.99 via Pay Pal. After tax is factored in it is a whopping 84 cent MM for me. Free money is still free money. Thanks OP.

Rebate 1:
Rebate Offer: 13-61841
Up to $6.99 Rebate on a HammerMill 8.5 x 11 Copy Plus Paper Ream (SKU 122408) at Staples Stores ONLY
Products Purchased:

HAM 8.5X11 COPYPLUS RM
Staples PAPER OFFER

Validation in progress. * PayPal for $6.99


At first the cashier wouldn't let me use both coupons. He said with the rebate it would be like us giving you extra money back. Of course he was right, but I told him the rebate was an "up to" rebate meaning I would only get back what I spent. (Even though I was quite confident at the time I would get back $6.99.)

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I'm going to pass even if it's a $1.40 pre-tax MM. Since I don't see anything else worthwhile getting (did I miss something?), it's not worth a trip to buy 1 ream of paper for so little profit.I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin.

NoMoney,
A few extra? Like separate transactions? With cash and you'll add rewards details later, or???

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I'm going to pass even if it's a $1.40 pre-tax MM. Since I don't see anything else worthwhile getting (did I miss something?), it's not worth a trip to buy 1 ream of paper for so little profit.I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?

nortotron said:   mathfaster said:   Paypal rebates are only good if the rebate for a given item is < $10. Which is maybe 20% of all rebates.

Why is that so? I submitted a paypal rebate for 19.98 (photo paper). Is there any additional charges for paypal rebate?
Whenever you get money from a business, PayPal does not charge you any fees. So you can get your FatCash via PayPal as well.

kirku said:   A few extra? Like separate transactions? With cash and you'll add rewards details later, or???Yes, separate transactions. Used same prepaid Visa to pay and used my rewards card each time.

aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?

NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.

mathfaster said:   aarzi said:   Because I have 24 rebates to submit....Been reported that if you change the password it will start working. YMMV.

I just ran into same problem. I clicked the "forgot your password" link, which sent me an email with URL to "reset" my password. I entered the exact same password as it has been for years... and logged in fine.

labboypro said:   mathfaster said:   aarzi said:   Because I have 24 rebates to submit....Been reported that if you change the password it will start working. YMMV.

I just ran into same problem. I clicked the "forgot your password" link, which sent me an email with URL to "reset" my password. I entered the exact same password as it has been for years... and logged in fine.


I tried changing the password several times, still not working for me. Oh well, not too big a deal to enter the information with 1password autofilling most of it.

Does anyone have trouble submitting this rebate online? I get an error message saying I have to mail it in.

mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.Yup! Exactly that. It's possible it's a common phenomenon country-wide, but out of the 20 or so Staples I go to, only 2 have a HD next to them.

aarzi said:   mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.Yup! Exactly that. It's possible it's a common phenomenon country-wide, but out of the 20 or so Staples I go to, only 2 have a HD next to them.Not much of a 'phenomenon' as it is just plain calculation. When looking to expand, a chain will often look for certain other popular draws, like a Home Depot, in the same mall/area. A big store that attracts a lot of business, but with little overlap that would compete with a Staples.

Somehow, I can't grasp that HD customers would be a draw for Staples. Some, sure. But they live in two different worlds.

aarzi said:   Somehow, I can't grasp that HD customers would be a draw for Staples. Some, sure. But they live in two different worlds.what, people that need tools can't also need office supplies?? I shop at both stores so do plenty of other people. It's not just about sharing customers though. A lot has to do with one store following others (HD) that do real research into best area for growth of a business because of area trends (population, avg income, etc.)

Danzilla said:   aarzi said:   mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.Yup! Exactly that. It's possible it's a common phenomenon country-wide, but out of the 20 or so Staples I go to, only 2 have a HD next to them.Not much of a 'phenomenon' as it is just plain calculation. When looking to expand, a chain will often look for certain other popular draws, like a Home Depot, in the same mall/area. A big store that attracts a lot of business, but with little overlap that would compete with a Staples.

Data point, the Staples I go to is right next to a HD.

Also seen this a lot with Chic-fil-a and In-n-Outs. I just assumed they shared a strategic real estate team.

crazycow said:   Does anyone have trouble submitting this rebate online? I get an error message saying I have to mail it in.Not me (and I just submitted it). Make sure you're entering the offer number correctly. It's 13-61841.

jd2010 said:   Danzilla said:   aarzi said:   mathfaster said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   aarzi said:   NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   I changed my mind. I stopped at Home Depot this evening (which is in the same shopping center as Staplez), so I figured it doesn't cost anything to walk over to Staplez and pick up the paper. Picked up a few extra reams for family members to pad the profit margin. Which town?What does that specific town have to do with this deal?Probably wants to know if you went to the same area with a Home Depot and Staples that they do. I also have a Home Deport and Staples in the same strip mall. Don't think that would be that uncommon.Yup! Exactly that. It's possible it's a common phenomenon country-wide, but out of the 20 or so Staples I go to, only 2 have a HD next to them.Not much of a 'phenomenon' as it is just plain calculation. When looking to expand, a chain will often look for certain other popular draws, like a Home Depot, in the same mall/area. A big store that attracts a lot of business, but with little overlap that would compete with a Staples.

Data point, the Staples I go to is right next to a HD.

Also seen this a lot with Chic-fil-a and In-n-Outs. I just assumed they shared a strategic real estate team.
Both of the closest Staples that I go to have a HD next to it. One its a self contained building in front of the HD, and the other its in a very large mall with HD in it also. Non of the other 6 Staples that I go to have HDs by them.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014