• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Dell Inspiron 17R-5720
Disclaimer
Still in Stock - check back often for inventory:
$200.00 off models priced at $589.00 ONLY promo valid through 05-31-13
$50 bonus when you buy $300 gift card valid through 05-15-13.

Scratch and dent
Any color (while supplies last)
Intel® Core™ 3rd Gen i5-3210M processor
6GB memory
1TB hard drive
DVD/RW
1.0MP HD camera with mic
17.3-inch HD + (900p) WLED display with Truelife
Windows 8
Intel® HD Graphics 4000
Intel® Centrino® Wireless 2230, 2x2 b/g/n + Bluetooth

Was $589.00, now $389.00 with $200 off coupon, use Promo code:
ZL6N?SLTS$$$49

Buy $300 gift card, get additional $50.00 promo gift card, and it brings the price to $339.00 + tax

Link to product:
Product Link

Link to Gift Card Deal (Buy $300 gift card, get additional $50 promo gift card):
Gift Card Link $50.00 Free with Purchase of $300 Gift Card

I wasn't able to get use both gift cards to purchase online, I ordered through chat. You can also order via phone.

Member Summary

Dell 17R-5520
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Deal is dead, sorry. Can't find another code - this code says it reached maximum redemption limit

ridgerun (May. 08, 2013 @ 7:56p) |

Yeah, exactly what i was doing, i released the system to the customer service guy in chat, and he said he got it, then h... (more)

alyosha (May. 08, 2013 @ 8:07p) |

Just went out there to see color inventory on these, they've got every cclor available now, of course, has to have been ... (more)

AusTex Deal Seeker (May. 09, 2013 @ 1:40a) |

Only Lotus Pink left in stock at this price.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Dell
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Note if you use AMEX instead of GC you can still get the extended warranty coverage. You may need to pay $50 more but I personally would prefer the extra coverage...AMEX only, Visa and MC do not cover refurbished computers.

You can't stack the promo gift card with the original gift card through the consolidation page.

What is the difference between the 17R 5520 and the 17R 5720 that was new at $309............one better than other or?

I am using a Dell laptop I bought through scratch and dent, a Dell Inspiron N5110 with Core i7 2nd gen and a 2Gb graphics card for $549 6 months ago and it has been a tremendous performer. Shoots down every arrow shot at Dell products. Very nicely built laptop that screams, especilly after I added a Vortex 4 SSD.

I am assuming that these are not refurbed but rather scratch and dent in their factory or ?? Are they returns?

Sweet deal if new and has new puter warranty.

I've had spectacular luck with Dell machines; I know many people have problems with them but they've been stellar in my experience of them.

EDIT: Only Lotus Pink left in stock, dead for me.

How long does the $300+$50 take to arrive?

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   
EDIT: Only Lotus Pink left in stock, dead for me.

That's why they make bumper stickers!

This is a good deal. But before you buy it, you should try to simulate a 1440x900 17" image on your current display and make sure it is acceptable. 1440x900 looks fairly sharp on 14-15 displays....but at 17", I have found the resulting dot-pitch to be irritatingly grainy for applications that require sharp edges and text.

View said:   Note if you use AMEX instead of GC you can still get the extended warranty coverage. You may need to pay $50 more but I personally would prefer the extra coverage...AMEX only, Visa and MC do not cover refurbished computers.

Didn't realize AMEX now covers extended warranties for refurb/scratch-dent. I purchased a laptop several years back @ Christmas and was told by AMEX cs they would NOT cover an extra year of warranty if purchased from an outlet and marked refurbished. Anyone know when it changed? Perhaps, my cs person was offering misinformation.

The gifts cards will arrive almost instantly in your email if you choose e-delivery. And yes, looks like they just have the Lotus Pink left in stock for now!

I just got one in Purple. Seems they update the website as they go through the stock. Every so often as I refresh, there are no more available, then refresh and they are back.

hereford said:   View said:   Note if you use AMEX instead of GC you can still get the extended warranty coverage. You may need to pay $50 more but I personally would prefer the extra coverage...AMEX only, Visa and MC do not cover refurbished computers.

Didn't realize AMEX now covers extended warranties for refurb/scratch-dent. I purchased a laptop several years back @ Christmas and was told by AMEX cs they would NOT cover an extra year of warranty if purchased from an outlet and marked refurbished. Anyone know when it changed? Perhaps, my cs person was offering misinformation.

Well. I never used it but this article says it's covered.

http://bucks.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/08/01/credit-cards-with-the-...

Also I read the fine prints of my Visa, Master, and AMEX cards. Only AMEX does not mention that refurbished products not covered.
It only says the original warranty has to come from the manufacturer not any other third-party.

After I enter coupon I don't see $200 off it says this message. What am I doing wrong. Please help.

Coupons Entered
The following coupons have been entered but require additional information or do not meet eligibility requirements. Click "View Details" link(s) for more information.

Save $200 on any Dell Outlet Inspiron 17R-5720 priced at $589 with this coupon!

This deal is dead now. The coupon works only on laptop priced exactly 589 no more no less.

These are back in stock, if you don't see what you want, please check back. Red & Lotus Pink colors in stock as of this post.

is this deal dead???? where are the 589 laptops?

No, deal is not dead. Just need to keep checking back for inventory, as deal is valid through 05-31-2013. As of this post, they had Red, Peacock Blue, and Lotus Pink in inventory. Just bought another for my Mom!

Nice cheap laptop. Thanks, OP.

Blue seems to be OOS. Does anyone think it may come back into stock or should I just pull the trigger on the red one?

How do you pay with two cards? Customer service chat, says promotion expired, and doesnt work for them, so the only option is to pay with one card?

throwawaytion said:   Blue seems to be OOS. Does anyone think it may come back into stock or should I just pull the trigger on the red one?

I show blue and red in stock as of right now

alyosha said:   How do you pay with two cards? Customer service chat, says promotion expired, and doesnt work for them, so the only option is to pay with one card?

I just added one to my cart with this coupon code, and it took the $200 off. When you see one you like, add it to your cart and start a chat session or call. The rep will ask you for the "System ID#", and then have you remove it from your cart. Tell the rep that you need to use (2) gift cards, and they will ask you for the card #'s and pin on each. Hope this helps!

Just received the 1st of my models today, a great laptop for the price. Didn't see a "scratch" or a "dent" on it. Windows 8 will take some getting used to.

Also, Dell has similar model 17R-5721 with 8GB of RAM instead of 6GB for $16.00 more. It is refurb, not Scratch & Dent. The coupon code is for $300.00 off the models priced at $705.00. With the $50.00 free GC deal, it will bring cost down to $355.00 + tax
Product Link
Use Coupon Code for $300 off model priced at $705.00: D9Q51FS9Z3LNSC
Free $50 Gift Card with $300 Gift Card Purchase

in stock now but coupon dead. Any new one?

Deal is dead, sorry. Can't find another code - this code says it reached maximum redemption limit

ridgerun said:   alyosha said:   How do you pay with two cards? Customer service chat, says promotion expired, and doesnt work for them, so the only option is to pay with one card?

I just added one to my cart with this coupon code, and it took the $200 off. When you see one you like, add it to your cart and start a chat session or call. The rep will ask you for the "System ID#", and then have you remove it from your cart. Tell the rep that you need to use (2) gift cards, and they will ask you for the card #'s and pin on each. Hope this helps!

Yeah, exactly what i was doing, i released the system to the customer service guy in chat, and he said he got it, then he said, but coupon wont work with it. I said - i am showing it working right now, with another system, he - "doesn't work for me and thats it", ended ordering with just one gift card, will use the 50$ on something else.

Just went out there to see color inventory on these, they've got every cclor available now, of course, has to have been the FW effect taking down all of the ones that weren't pink....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014