• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Asus K55A-RHI5N13
Disclaimer

$100 off coupon
Disclaimer
Since this is an online only item, you MUST order this via the store's kiosk and then pay for it in-store at the register.

Asus K55A-RHI5N13 15.6" Laptop - http://www.staples.com/Asus-K55A-RHI5N13-156-Laptop/product_1808...

Item: 180804
Model: K55A-RHI5N13

$429.99 - $100 coupon (code 54669) = $329.99

$429.99 price is listed as being valid only until 5/4/2013

- Intelģ Coreô i5-3210M 2.5GHz 3MB L3 Cache Processor
- 6GB DDR3 Installed System Memory, expandable to 8GB
- 750GB 5400RPM Hard Drive
- 15.6Ē 16:9 HD (1366 x 768) LED-backlight
- 2 x USB 3.0, 1 x USB 2.0
- 6 cell
- 1 x HDMI1.4, Card Reader, 1 x LAN RJ-45 jack, 2 Audio jack: Headphone out /Mic-in, 1 x D-sub 15-pin
- Windows 8
- Matte Dark Brown Suit/Alum. Champagne Hairline

Staples
See Staples discounts that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Asus K55A-RHI5N13
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks! I did the same thing and got the same coupon code on the receipt.

hihahi (May. 03, 2013 @ 8:48p) |

I have shared my tales of woe in this thread after trying to use this coupon for this laptop today, and all I got was no... (more)

Sonofspam (May. 03, 2013 @ 9:28p) |

Worked for me! Went to Staples on 5/4/13 asked sales person about coupon taken extra $100 off she said it can be done at... (more)

rpagan (May. 07, 2013 @ 1:08p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Best deal I've seen for an i5.

My mistake. Should have read that the coupon needs to be used in the store.

Has anyone actually bought this?
Is it possible that the $100 off price is the coupon already factored in?

Looks like this laptop is only available online. So how would we use the coupon?

I went to a Staples store today and ordered through the kiosk.

Then I went to the cashier and showed my coupon.

They tried to apply it but the system would not take it.

I was going to remark that laptops finally seemed to be coming down in price again, but apparently people aren't making this deal work.

xpolarx said:   I went to a Staples store today and ordered through the kiosk.

Did they manually honor the coupon or did you cancel the order?

TTown said:   xpolarx said:   I went to a Staples store today and ordered through the kiosk.

Did they manually honor the coupon or did you cancel the order?

I canceled the order, they would not take the coupon.

Same thing happened to me. They said this is an online order and the coupon is for in-store purchase only. I did not buy. But I did get the case of paper for free after the 20% discount coupon and $40 in reward.

thanks OP, got one today.

handsome said:   thanks OP, got one today.

How did you succeed? What did you think was different for you?

Thanks!

^^^^ Does it work with the in store coupon or not?

no go for my coworker

This deal should be removed if it doesn't work

Another no go.
Manager was even willing to override but the system wouldn't let her.

Just got back from Staples and had a truly awesome Asst Manager helping me out...one "tech guy to another." Apparently they've put a lockdown on the coupon that it can only be used on actual in-stock, in-store inventory only. I tried to grab one of the Toshiba's but people had placed holds online on all of the worthwhile cheaper machines.

xpolarx said:   I went to a Staples store today and ordered through the kiosk.

Posted this earlier donít know why it didnít get posted so here it goes again
Same thing happened to me so I made them call and make sure the coupon code is ok the tech guy called 1800 771 0903 saw the number so I wrote it down thinking it might come in handy later the tech called it and the recording told him there is a coupon for All windows 8 devices and the coupon code is 54669 so he tried it again and so did the ass manager and said nope we canít get it to work sorry we canít help you so I called the number and explained what was going to the guy on the phone he said let me talk to someone at the store I did and he told him how to override it and also told the manager how he has to override it since itís a valid code so he did I got it 329.99 + tax 29.29 = Total $359.28 hope this info helps also the coupon code on the receipt is 19814

BTW the only thing missing for me in this laptop is Bluetooth Compatibility other then that its great.

Add another no go for me.
Even had two managers trying to get it to work and then they read the top that said "Valid in store only". So they said it had to be a laptop in stock in the store and not a .com purchase.

Oh well. I tried.

One one hand, there are many methods to override a coupon. If a manager has the will (and basic skill), there is a way.

On the other hand, in this case the store stock terms are strict in the system.

[deleted]

Worked for me in Houston - 290/190 store.

Thanks OP!

hhehw said:   xpolarx said:   I went to a Staples store today and ordered through the kiosk.

Posted this earlier donít know why it didnít get posted so here it goes again
Same thing happened to me so I made them call and make sure the coupon code is ok the tech guy called 1800 771 0903 saw the number so I wrote it down thinking it might come in handy later the tech called it and the recording told him there is a coupon for All windows 8 devices and the coupon code is 54669 so he tried it again and so did the ass manager and said nope we canít get it to work sorry we canít help you so I called the number and explained what was going to the guy on the phone he said let me talk to someone at the store I did and he told him how to override it and also told the manager how he has to override it since itís a valid code so he did I got it 329.99 + tax 29.29 = Total $359.28 hope this info helps also the coupon code on the receipt is 19814

BTW the only thing missing for me in this laptop is Bluetooth Compatibility other then that its great.

Thanks! I did the same thing and got the same coupon code on the receipt.

I have shared my tales of woe in this thread after trying to use this coupon for this laptop today, and all I got was nothin' but frustration and some minor chafing in a sensitive area, but that might be due more to an old girlfriend I "passed some time with" a couple of weeks ago instead of sweating this deal. Going to try a different Staples tomorrow since some people have met with success and all I met with thus far has been her ugly step-sister, suck. Hoping DirtCheapDad is wrong about Staples locking out this coupon system-wide for in-store kiosk (thus "online" orders). Plus I need to get some sort of ointment for the chafing deal...and maybe call that old girlfriend to ask about her "more intimate" medical history the past couple of years, but that's a different deal....

Worked for me! Went to Staples on 5/4/13 asked sales person about coupon taken extra $100 off she said it can be done at register. She placed the order for me on kiosk then at register showed the coupon she called for manager for override and it worked.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014