• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Kmart GC
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
You will have to call SYWR and complain. I called them fri. and was on hold a good 20 mins. to get my points from one of... (more)

maddybeagle (May. 27, 2013 @ 2:13p) |

My $4 bonus points showed up in my account today.

sportsfan64 (Jun. 07, 2013 @ 8:56a) |

Recd my points as well, thankfully, without having to call. However, recd NO POINTS for the two $30 Kmart GCS I bought b... (more)

nicknametaken (Jun. 13, 2013 @ 7:38a) |

  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Buy 2 $50 Visa GC's get $10 Kmart reward card +$2 in pointsI assume there is a $4.95 purchase fee for each $50 Visa GC, so basically only $2 in points.

For some reason I see a bankruptcy on the horizon.

Note that the $5 bonus is not a GC. It's an "award card." The difference is that the award card DOES EXPIRE (GCs generally don't expire due to most states having laws against that). Award card is good from 05/13 through 05/18. Use it or lose it.

Also... has anyone figured out how to actually get the award card? Is it automatic? Usually, offers like this have a barcode that must be entered during checkout.

labboypro said:   Note that the $5 bonus is not a GC. It's an "award card." The difference is that the award card DOES EXPIRE (GCs generally don't expire due to most states having laws against that). Award card is good from 05/13 through 05/18. Use it or lose it.I feel a cold breeze. Brrrr.

The Visa deal is forming icicles.

was thinking to jump but figuring out the possible visa fees made me not to.

follow nancy reagan's advice, just say NO!

After all the issues I've had with K-Mart, Sears, Shop Your Way - I wouldn't touch this unless it was a really good deal. Website is a mess, ordering system is worse, returns are a nightmare......

My local Kmart did not scan anything to activate the card. The cashier had a stack of cards and said they were all pre-programmed with the $5 award. The cards say "Award Card Valid beginning 5/13/13". I called the number on the back of the card today and the automated system said the card is no longer active. Got my fingers crossed that the card actually does become active on 5/13.

I am planning to see if i can buy a Kmart card with a Kmart card today and get the $5 will report back.

BitemeIamtoxic said:   For some reason I see a bankruptcy on the horizon.

No BK for SHLD hopefully. SSRAP to da moon!

Don't worry about bankruptcy for Sears Hldgs - BK is not going to happen anytime soon.
Used my old Sears GC to pay for the new KM cards, that way I'm not running up the CC charges. Also, my Kmart register spit out a 30 cent gas coupon after the transaction.

30 cent total?

30 cents x 20 gallons=6 dollar discount.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1268369/

nice. So which of these may not work:
-pay for two $25 Kmart with Kmart or Sears you already own

get:
$5x2=$10 GC
$2x2=$4 SMW rewards
$6 in gas

I like WalMart far better than Kmart. Kmart prices are way higher than WalMart anyday.

mcmike522 said:   My local Kmart did not scan anything to activate the card. The cashier had a stack of cards and said they were all pre-programmed with the $5 award. The cards say "Award Card Valid beginning 5/13/13". I called the number on the back of the card today and the automated system said the card is no longer active. Got my fingers crossed that the card actually does become active on 5/13.

I found out the cashier has to program in the card during your transaction; meaning the dumbass cashier lied to me yesterday when he said he was absolutely sure the card was active when he handed it to me without programming it in. Looks like I need to make another trip to KM to get yesterday's Award Cards activated.
BTW: if you call the number on the back of the card, it should say the card value is $5.

SinglePapa said:   nice. So which of these may not work:
-pay for two $25 Kmart with Kmart or Sears you already own

get:
$5x2=$10 GC
$2x2=$4 SMW rewards
$6 in gas

That all WILL work!

More comments about this promo... the fine print in my ad states maximum 15 gallons, not 20, for the gas discount. Also, the $2 in points per each $25 Kmart GC states those points are available "within 30 days" which I feel is crazy! My receipt tonight for two $25 GC showed I earned NO bonus or base points.iBis are you going to keep track when $4 in points actually hits your SYWR account?

I also have another question. Anyone know if you receive the .30 per gallon gas discount for every $50 increment in an order or is it just one per total transaction. In other words, if I buy $300 in an order would I get (6) .30 discounts or $1.80 total. I don't see it mentioned in any fine print but wanted to know from anyone who has actually bought more than the $50 amount mentioned.

Sorry, using mobile so need to create new reply. About buying the (2) $50 Visa get $10 award offer...yes, the $4.95 each activation fee does negate the $10 award card recd. (Actually you do make a whopping .10!). But in addition to the $2 in points (again, within 30 days) I am assuming you would also receive, at the minimum, a .30 per gallon gas discount? Perhaps another .30 per gallon discount? (see my previous reply) If so, possible "MM" of:

.30 x 15 gal = $4.50 (or if 20 gal, .30 x 20 = $6)

And double all that if receiving gas discount for every $50 spent, and not just first $50.

Is there any indication on the award card as to whether or not it can be used at Sears as well as Kmart? I know the purchased $25 gift card works at both, but I rarely shop at Kmart, so it would be easier for me to use the $5 during the limited time period at Sears. (Sears has a similar offer this week, but it's a $5 award card for purchasing a $50 gift card. Plus, Kmart has the gas coupon offer. If the Kmart award card can be used at Sears, it's a better deal to buy the gift cards at Kmart even if they're going to be used at Sears).

BitemeIamtoxic said:   For some reason I see a bankruptcy on the horizon.

2 have closed in the past 6 months in my local area

mcmike522 said:   mcmike522 said:   My local Kmart did not scan anything to activate the card. The cashier had a stack of cards and said they were all pre-programmed with the $5 award. The cards say "Award Card Valid beginning 5/13/13". I called the number on the back of the card today and the automated system said the card is no longer active. Got my fingers crossed that the card actually does become active on 5/13.

I found out the cashier has to program in the card during your transaction; meaning the dumbass cashier lied to me yesterday when he said he was absolutely sure the card was active when he handed it to me without programming it in. Looks like I need to make another trip to KM to get yesterday's Award Cards activated.
BTW: if you call the number on the back of the card, it should say the card value is $5.


Kmart has extremely bad staff....i always have issues with pricing and promotions...everyone there is clueless

Did the offer this afternoon. Used a gift card to buy the gift cards. Cashier was so clueless and took at least 5 minutes. I would have gone through another line with a different rewards account, but didn't want to be in line all day.

The 4 dollars in Shop your way points did not post as they almost never do without complaining.

Gas code for 30 cent off expires on 5/31/13. That is the same expiration date as my other coupons so not very useful.

maddybeagle said:   The 4 dollars in Shop your way points did not post as they almost never do without complaining.The offer says the points will be posted within 30 days, so they do not post immediately.

Points with these offers either post immediately after the transaction or they never post at all. SYWRs 101.

Another issue is looking at my "online receipt" on the SYWR site, it lists my purchase as 20 dollar gift cards when they are clearly 25 loaded to the cards, so probably another way they can get out of paying the points.

maddybeagle said:   

Gas code for 30 cent off expires on 5/31/13. That is the same expiration date as my other coupons so not very useful.


I'm giving out sets of 3 gas coupons to friends/neighbors - Speedway allows you to use 3 Q's at once. Hopefully they can keep me in mind if they run across any deals.

Come to think of it, if you are a single guy, you could offer some gas Q's to girls you know. If they are gracious and have no problems with using coupons to pay for gas, you know she is good dating material for a FatWallet guy. Also, you won't have to feel like a cheapskate when using a coupon to pay for dinner.

I made the mistake of buying 6 pairs of men's slippers BOGO over Christmas. Each pair last about 6 weeks before they are unwearable. I get rewards all the time and live half a mile from A store. I still do not think I could find $50.00 worth of items I would buy at A store.

mcmike522 said:   
Come to think of it, if you are a single guy, you could offer some gas Q's to girls you know. If they are gracious and have no problems with using coupons to pay for gas, you know she is good dating material for a FatWallet guy. Also, you won't have to feel like a cheapskate when using a coupon to pay for dinner.


I believe the coupons are for "up to 20 gallons", if she brings a bunch of gas cans to fill up....propose to her at the gas station

I asked a clerk today how long the reward card was good for after 5/13. She told me they DO NOT EXPIRE but a store in a nearby town has the ones good only for a week. She stated her store's card have no expiration date on them. I looked, and they don't. Odd they would have two versions. Dies anyone have one that only shows valid beginning 5/13 andlists no exp date?

Also, I bought my cards at the service desk and see now I received no gas cpns. I did at regular register so am guessing service desk has no coupon printer?

I just looked at my SYWR acct online--bit is it slow! Anyway, just as posted earlier it shows (2) $20 GC and one "generic" award card for $10, total of $50 purchased. I hope they don't come up with some excuse for not awarding the (2) $2 in points. I still think it is totally unacceptable for Kmart to say they are awarded "within 30 days.". Are you supposed to check your acct daily?!

GCs I bought Tuesday haven't bumped my total points anything as of today.

I posted that earlier....the 25 dollar cards are posting as 20s on SYWR. Maybe purchasing 30 dollar gift cards would trigger the points automatically.

"Are you supposed to check your acct daily?!"

No you are supposed to just forget about the promo when the points never show up

nicknametaken said:   
Also, I bought my cards at the service desk and see now I received no gas cpns. I did at regular register so am guessing service desk has no coupon printer?


I went to one Kmart and the cashier got all confused when I asked about the Award card and showed him the ad. He claimed there were no more Award cards by the cash registers and sent me to the Service Desk. I got the Award cards from the Service desk and carried them back to the cashier because:
a.) I didn't want the mean-looking manager nosing into my transactions
b.) the Service desk does not print out gas Q's


Couple more points:

I paid the full $25 for a couple of Kmart GC's on May 5th (due to a cashier error). No SYWR points have showed up yet.

One Kmart gave me regular GC's because they couldn't find the Award cards.

One time the cashier ran across a bad Award card, the register somehow ended up taking $10 off my purchase of two $50 Visa cards.

the cashier @Kmart told me award card comes in email and there is no physical card given. Is that so?

nortotron said:   the cashier @Kmart told me award card comes in email and there is no physical card given. Is that so?No! The ad says you receive the $5 or $10 award card and says nothing about doing so by email, so assumed, and posted by many that they give them in person. Don't even know how you could use it in store if it were to come via email? That would be a nightmare!!

I have a get $10 in points for spending $50 coupon. Wonder if it'd work with $50 in GCs+ a couple of bucks of stuff.

armed with 10 of $5 Visa cards picked up at Lincoln promotion (expiry 5/2013), I bought 2 of $25 Kmart cards and received 2 of $5 award cards. Before starting the purchase, cashier did call up my SYW account on her screen - so I assume 2 of $2 credits will also hit up at some point. I only hit a snag re: BP loyalty code; and this is why. Cashier had to re-do my transaction because half-way thru her station locked up. The reason for lock-up, per supervisor: their cash wouldn't accept more than 5 of my giftcards to use in a single purchase. So two separate purchases worked fine - but of course no BP coupon spit out, as there was no single $50 purchase... As I was explaining this a minute later in customer services - a lady behind me just handed me hers (she was non-driver). Happy Mom's Day!

vickh said:   I have a get $10 in points for spending $50 coupon. Wonder if it'd work with $50 in GCs+ a couple of bucks of stuff.

I have coupon that also does not limit the purchase of gift cards, but it is always a normal exclusion. Worst-case, you try it and have to complain to get the points....One note is that redemption of SYWR points has not been applying any points towards gift card purchases, so like my coupon, you have to redeem 10k in points...you have to add 10 dollars in "other merchandise".

maddybeagle said:   vickh said:   I have a get $10 in points for spending $50 coupon. Wonder if it'd work with $50 in GCs+ a couple of bucks of stuff.

I have coupon that also does not limit the purchase of gift cards, but it is always a normal exclusion. Worst-case, you try it and have to complain to get the points....One note is that redemption of SYWR points has not been applying any points towards gift card purchases, so like my coupon, you have to redeem 10k in points...you have to add 10 dollars in "other merchandise".



The 10k in points didn't post instantly from a non GC transaction. I was going to redeem the pt.s right away for my $20/25 coupon expiring 5/12.

Multiple calls to SYR VIP in store, promised instant pt.s but SOL So I'll try again tomorrow. If only the rewards weren't this great......

Just a reminder that these rewards cards can be used like any gift card for online purchases. I used mine up this morning. Only good this week.

Skipping 7 Messages...
Recd my points as well, thankfully, without having to call. However, recd NO POINTS for the two $30 Kmart GCS I bought back when trying to figure out how purchase would show up in SYWR acct. (see earlier in thread for details, if interested!)



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014