Disclaimer
$5 Sears Award Card
Members: Get $2 in Points* On Sale Now!

See The Weekly Ad
Offer valid 5/5/2013 through 5/12/2013
Find it at: Sears
*Available in store

Get a $5 Sears award card when you buy a $50 Sears gift card

Offer valid 5/5/13–5/12/13 in store only. Limit 2 per customer. Terms and conditions are applied to gift card. See associate for details. Award Card redeemable 5/13/13 thru 5/18/13 except in states where prohibited by law. In the event of a return of original qualifying merchandise, Award Card will be deducted from any refund amount. Some exclusions apply. Award Card valid on future purchases only. See associate for details. While Award Card quantities last. Members get $2 in Points (2,000 Points) when you purchase a $50 Sears Gift Card.† †Points will be awarded to Member accounts within 30 days of qualifying purchase. *Members earn Points on Qualifying Purchases, excluding sales taxes and other fees. Subject to full program terms available at www.shopyourwayrewards.com. Must remain opted-in to receiving promotional emails from SHOP YOUR WAY REWARDS(SM) to earn Bonus Points. Bonus Points are inclusive of, and not in addition to, any Base Points earned on Qualifying Purchases. When Bonus Point offers are combined, total Points earned will be less than the combined Point totals for each individual offer. See www.shopyourwayrewards.com for details.

Member Summary

Sears
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I took the suggestion of buying two $30 GC and guess what? Online detail of transaction shows two $25 GCs bought and one... (more)

nicknametaken (May. 13, 2013 @ 10:42a) |

Right, but I think the reason someone suggested buying the $30 cards was to see if you got the bonus reward points (2000... (more)

pdxman1 (May. 15, 2013 @ 4:30p) |

No, I didn't get the 4,000 pts for having bought the two $30 GCs either. I was just comparing how they treat a return wh... (more)

nicknametaken (May. 16, 2013 @ 12:20p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Good deal for direct-from-Sears. Note also that gift card resellers (Plastic Jungle, etc.) generally mark down Sears/Kmart/Lands' End GCs 10-12%... in case you don't get in on this offer before it expires.

So, with the $2 in points included, this is like 14% off...

Now, where exactly did you see the offer pictured? On the Sears home page, some sub page, or on the SYWR site?

taipan said:   So, with the $2 in points included, this is like 14% off...

Now, where exactly did you see the offer pictured? On the Sears home page, some sub page, or on the SYWR site?

See The Weekly Ad

Can I pay for the card . . . with another giftcard? Thanks.

TYT

Looks like only a 5 day window to use the reward card, so plan accordingly.

Thanks for sharing OP!

This appears on page 22 of the weekly ad. If someone is in an area where you have a Kmart also, you get a better deal if you buy a $25 Kmart GC. You get $5 award card for buying only a $25 outlay, plus .30 per gallon gas discount WYB $50 at Kmart (15 gal limit in my area) and you also get the $2 in SYWR points. Plus, a Kmart GC card can also be used at Sears!

Buy $25 Kmart, get:
$5 award card
$2 in points
.30 gal gas promo (value of $4.50)
You get $11.50 in addition to your $25 outlay. Double that equals $50 outlay, receive $23 in freebies versus buying a $50 Sears card since all uou get is the $5 award card and $2 in points for total of $7.

The Sears promo is still good if you don't have a Kmart though.

nicknametaken said:   Thanks for sharing OP!

This appears on page 22 of the weekly ad. If someone is in an area where you have a Kmart also, you get a better deal if you buy a $25 Kmart GC. You get $5 award card for buying only a $25 outlay, plus .30 per gallon gas discount WYB $50 at Kmart (15 gal limit in my area) and you also get the $2 in SYWR points. Plus, a Kmart GC card can also be used at Sears!

Buy $25 Kmart, get:
$5 award card
$2 in points
You get $11.50 in addition to your $25 outlay. Double that equals $50 outlay, receive $23 in freebies versus buying a $50 Sears card since all uou get is the $5 award card and $2 in points for total of $7.

The Sears promo is still good if you don't have a Kmart though.

Thanks for this info. The Kmart deal is better, but if you have both stores nearby, do both. I assume that they are separate offers and you can do both. Each says limit 2 per customer. Looks like the gas promo is at participating stores only: LIST

I bought a $25 Kmart card one day for this promo. Next day bought two more together using same SYWR card and received all that was expected. So, anyone know is it limit two only per transaction? I thought using the SYWR card would have tracked the limit of two but it does not appear to do so.

nicknametaken said:   
Buy $25 Kmart, get:
$5 award card
$2 in points
Your math is a little off... you need to buy 2 $25 Kmart gift cards (a $50 purchase) in order to get the gas coupon.

Buy (2) $25 Kmart gift cards, get:
(2) $5 award cards
(2) $2 in points
(1) .30 gal gas promo ($4.50 - $6.00 value, depending on area)

So, a $50 outlay will give you $18.50 - $20 in freebies. In any case, the Kmart promotion is still a much better deal for folks with a store nearby

ajr55555:
You said what I meant and thought I typed!! Was in a hurry and forgot the gas is for spending $50 when doing the numbers. Now, if we could only actually "see" our (2) $2 in points on our receipts (or even SYWR accts) instead of "within 30 days." Or, even show $25 instead of $20 in SYWR accts for each card purchased!

nicknametaken said:   I bought a $25 Kmart card one day for this promo. Next day bought two more together using same SYWR card and received all that was expected. So, anyone know is it limit two only per transaction? I thought using the SYWR card would have tracked the limit of two but it does not appear to do so.
When I said "recd all I expected" I meant the award card and gas promo. I did not mean the two $2 worth in points. Sorry, too much to keep track of! Still waiting on those points...

nicknametaken said:   nicknametaken said:   I bought a $25 Kmart card one day for this promo. Next day bought two more together using same SYWR card and received all that was expected. So, anyone know is it limit two only per transaction? I thought using the SYWR card would have tracked the limit of two but it does not appear to do so.
When I said "recd all I expected" I meant the award card and gas promo. I did not mean the two $2 worth in points. Sorry, too much to keep track of! Still waiting on those points...

I did the Sears promo and the 2000 points showed immediately in my account history.

pdxman1 said:   

I did the Sears promo and the 2000 points showed immediately in my account history.

Has anyone gotten the 2000 points from the Kmart deal? I just did the Kmart deal and the transaction is showing in my account history, but the points earned show as zero. I'm wondering if it is because I did the Sears deal and the limit of two is across both deals or if the Kmart deal itself is broken for everyone.

pdxman1 said:   pdxman1 said:   

Has anyone gotten the 2000 points from the Kmart deal? I just did the Kmart deal and the transaction is showing in my account history, but the points earned show as zero. I'm wondering if it is because I did the Sears deal and the limit of two is across both deals or if the Kmart deal itself is broken for everyone.
Still no 2000 pts shown for me and it still shows in the detail as (2) $20 cards and one $10 award card. I called 1-800 and was told since it is an in-store p[romo, to ask them, they already knew nothing about it yesterday and days before as to why it shows wrongly. Will have to wait and see...for up to 30 days!

I only did the Kmart deal and my points are NOT showing. I talked to the customer service lady at Kmart and she said that nobody was getting the points and would have to call SYWRs and they are claiming that you have to wait the 30 days...

I think part of it is that they 25 dollar cards that you purchased are only showing up as 20s on SYWRs....so you will have to remember to wait the full 30 days to complain for 4 dollars in points

maddybeagle said:   I only did the Kmart deal and my points are NOT showing. I talked to the customer service lady at Kmart and she said that nobody was getting the points and would have to call SYWRs and they are claiming that you have to wait the 30 days...

I think part of it is that they 25 dollar cards that you purchased are only showing up as 20s on SYWRs....so you will have to remember to wait the full 30 days to complain for 4 dollars in points

MAKE SURE you let the BBB and/or your state Attorney General office know about this. Sears has a LONG history of inappropriate behavior and they need to be held accountable.

maddybeagle said:   

I didn't notice that, but I just checked my account history and the $25 card I purchased shows as $20.

I think that it is actually better that everyone didn't get the points. That means it is a systemic problem and they'll probably fix it for everyone once they get enough inquiries. If it was just happening to me and a few other people, I'd think that it might be something that we did wrong during the purchase and that it might be harder to get fixed.

pdxman1 said:   maddybeagle said:   

I didn't notice that, but I just checked my account history and the $25 card I purchased shows as $20.

I think that it is actually better that everyone didn't get the points. That means it is a systemic problem and they'll probably fix it for everyone once they get enough inquiries. If it was just happening to me and a few other people, I'd think that it might be something that we did wrong during the purchase and that it might be harder to get fixed.

Yeah, that is why I suggested in the other thread that people try purchasing a 30 dollar gift card to see if the points would correctly post. I have little confidence that they will "fix it". More than likely the only way to get the points is complaining after 30 days. As Lab, said, BBB or State Attorney General would probably work. I have done that for much higher points that didnt post.

pdxman1 said:   I think that it is actually better that everyone didn't get the points. That means it is a systemic problem and they'll probably fix it for everyone once they get enough inquiries.

Historically, these have been "systematic" problems, and historically they have NOT fixed them system-wide, but rather wait for individuals to complain (which is a hassle and time-waste for us, which means fewer people bother with it). This is, IMO, an intentional behavior of the company, and not just "bad programming." There are too many court rulings against Sears for the same bait-and-switch type behaviors spanning the past 30+ years for it to be an "oopsie."

I took the suggestion of buying two $30 GC and guess what? Online detail of transaction shows two $25 GCs bought and one $10 as the award card. Total of order does show as $60 but details shows $25, $25 and $10. Which does equal $60. IOW, they are deducting the award card amt of $10 from the listed amt of the other two GCs no matter what amt you buy in the two GCs. It is almost as if they are treating the detail as a return when an award card was part of deal. If you buy two shirts at $25 each and you are to get a $10 award card and then decide to return both items, they wouldn't give you $50, they take back the $10 award card issued and give you only $40.

nicknametaken said:   I took the suggestion of buying two $30 GC and guess what? Online detail of transaction shows two $25 GCs bought and one $10 as the award card. Total of order does show as $60 but details shows $25, $25 and $10. Which does equal $60. IOW, they are deducting the award card amt of $10 from the listed amt of the other two GCs no matter what amt you buy in the two GCs. It is almost as if they are treating the detail as a return when an award card was part of deal. If you buy two shirts at $25 each and you are to get a $10 award card and then decide to return both items, they wouldn't give you $50, they take back the $10 award card issued and give you only $40.

Right, but I think the reason someone suggested buying the $30 cards was to see if you got the bonus reward points (2000 per card). Did you get the 4000 bonus points on the transaction? I don't think anyone who bought a $25 card got the 2000 bonus points. I don't think anyone is worried about returning the gift card, we want our bonus points.

pdxman1 said:   nicknametaken said:   I took the suggestion of buying two $30 GC and guess what? Online detail of transaction shows two $25 GCs bought and one $10 as the award card. Total of order does show as $60 but details shows $25, $25 and $10. Which does equal $60. IOW, they are deducting the award card amt of $10 from the listed amt of the other two GCs no matter what amt you buy in the two GCs. It is almost as if they are treating the detail as a return when an award card was part of deal. If you buy two shirts at $25 each and you are to get a $10 award card and then decide to return both items, they wouldn't give you $50, they take back the $10 award card issued and give you only $40.

Right, but I think the reason someone suggested buying the $30 cards was to see if you got the bonus reward points (2000 per card). Did you get the 4000 bonus points on the transaction? I don't think anyone who bought a $25 card got the 2000 bonus points. I don't think anyone is worried about returning the gift card, we want our bonus points.
No, I didn't get the 4,000 pts for having bought the two $30 GCs either. I was just comparing how they treat a return when an award card is issued, not that I'd be returning any of my GCs!

They really need to re-do their SYWR website, it is lacking in many ways!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014