• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/produ...

NO FURTHER DISCOUNTS OR COUPONS APPLY TO THIS DEAL!!!! You can earn Cash Back however

rebate link
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/conte...

can be submitted online

Advance Auto Parts
See Advance Auto Parts promo codes that earn 5.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Shell Rotella T6 5W-40 Heavy Duty Fully Synthetic Motor Oil (1 Gallon)
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Advance Auto Parts Coupons:
    AAP15OFF
    Save 15% On All Orders (expires 9/30/14 11:59pm)
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Rotella's good stuff, I use the T5 blend in my 21 year old car, mileage went up 1 mpg and a whole bunch of sludge came out the 1st oil change I did after switching. If you switch to a synthetic or blend after using conventional oil it's probably a good idea to have a quick oil change after about 500 miles the 1st time, its almost like a cleaning agent at the beginning

Already expired.

Purchase by: May 1, 2013

Redeem by: Jun 1, 2013

rtapia said:   Already expired.

stop posting up crap, look for the most current rebate. this deal is advertised in their May flyer here.

http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/wcsstore/CVWEB/Attachment/stati...

Sweet !!

Need to change oil in the dump truck and the backhoe too! That 671
Detroit Diesel really needs it and any $$ saved is great.

MISTERCHEAP said:   rtapia said:   Already expired.

stop posting up crap, look for the most current rebate. this deal is advertised in their May flyer here.

You're correct in that it's in their May flyer - however, it's not on their website. If you can find it please post it.

I bought 2 jugs on Saturday (May 4th) and went to Advance's website to place the rebate. Went through the process until I got to the point of entering the purchase date - rejected it as date was invalid. Been trying to find the rebate through Advance, will probably have to go directly to Shell. Even without the rebate it's a great price - with it makes it a great deal also.

GR8GL said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   rtapia said:   Already expired.

You're correct in that it's in their May flyer - however, it's not on their website. If you can find it please post it.

I bought 2 jugs on Saturday (May 4th) and went to Advance's website to place the rebate. Went through the process until I got to the point of entering the purchase date - rejected it as date was invalid. Been trying to find the rebate through Advance, will probably have to go directly to Shell. Even without the rebate it's a great price - with it makes it a great deal also.

They may not yet have updated the site since the last rebate just ended on 5/1. I would suggest calling them to inquire.

For questions or concerns about your rebate call 1-888-378-9766

does this comply with MB 229.5 oil spec? MB only states Mobile 1 0W-40 or 5W-40. Mobil 1 is hard to find around here and usually $10/qt.

Reots said:   Rotella's good stuff, I use the T5 blend in my 21 year old car, mileage went up 1 mpg and a whole bunch of sludge came out the 1st oil change I did after switching. If you switch to a synthetic or blend after using conventional oil it's probably a good idea to have a quick oil change after about 500 miles the 1st time, its almost like a cleaning agent at the beginning

That's a new experience to me. I've always thought the big benefit was heat tolerance, not enhanced detergent quality.

I have flushed engines with toluene ("Motor Flush" - a Gunk product) and once, by accident, with transmission fluid. A vacuum modulator failed in such a way as to allow the engine to draw tranny fluid into the intake manifold. Fluid level kept dropping but no idea where it was going, as there was no telltale white smoke in the exhaust. Finally figured it out when I noticed the engine oil level rising. By that time the crankcase was squeaky-clean. Good thing I caught it before the rod bearings failed.

It looks like Advance updated their site for the rebate on the shell oil. Must be purchased by May 29, 2013 and redeemed by June 29, 2013.
Advance auto rebate

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014