• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
B&H has a packaged deal for Canon PIXMA Pro-100 Photo printer. Includes Free: Canon SG-201 Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss 13 x 19" (50 Sheets) and making it eligible with $300 AMEX Card rebate from Canon. Free Shipping. So the net you pay is $89 ---> Cheaper than the inks and paper if you buy them separately.

If you buy a qualifying Canon camera or lens the rebates would be $400.

Here is the linky.

Member Summary

Canon PIXMA PRO-100 Printer
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
mine has been approved!

cattlet (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 12:56p) |

How many weeks did it take?
Did you send the MIR form with delivery confirmation?

I bought this from Adorama almost three... (more)

hasu (Jun. 06, 2013 @ 1:19p) |

Received my rebate 06/18/2013
Great printer big foot print
Rebate took about a month

skipuppy (Jun. 19, 2013 @ 3:30p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Anybody know if this is worth the price (AR) to upgrade from the older pro 9000 model?

If you think the 8 ink cartridges justify the price, then yes.

chemdraw said:   If you think the 8 ink cartridges justify the price, then yes.Not sure you got my question. I want to know if the print quality, features, etc., justifies the price of this "new" model vs my existing Pixma pro 9000. I can buy 8 inks for the old model for this same price.

c3688t said:   chemdraw said:   If you think the 8 ink cartridges justify the price, then yes.Not sure you got my question. I want to know if the print quality, features, etc., justifies the price of this "new" model vs my existing Pixma pro 9000. I can buy 8 inks for the old model for this same price.

Actually, for the price of replacing inks on your older model, you get a new printer and 50 sheet of 13x19 semi glossy paper.

As far as difference, the new model "supposing" print better B&W. I haven't seen any comments on the color improvement. And the pluses also include the wifi/airprint if you care.

Good reviews on Amazon, for a lot more money. Looks like a hot deal to me. Green for OP.

Just placed an order. The receipt they emailed me doesn't show the paper on it. Do you think it will count for the rebate since the paper is actually included for free? Do you think the paper has to be literally purchased (as opposed to free) to qualify?

teachforfun said:   Just placed an order. The receipt they emailed me doesn't show the paper on it. Do you think it will count for the rebate since the paper is actually included for free? Do you think the paper has to be literally purchased (as opposed to free) to qualify?

I chat with the CSR and yes, it will count. The line item will be shown on the "printed invoice" with the shipment. Make sure you send that invoice instead of print from the email for the rebate.

Awesome! Thanks for the info. Saved me the call to CSR to ask the same thing! Sweet deal, OP! Thanks, again!

got one at last deal about 3 weeks ago, the rebate was really fast about 2 to 3 weeks, used that and some other rebate cards to buy WalMart gift card, want to buy another printer because it's too cheap but don't know what to do with it

namcongtu said:   got one at last deal about 3 weeks ago, the rebate was really fast about 2 to 3 weeks, used that and some other rebate cards to buy WalMart gift card, want to buy another printer because it's too cheap but don't know what to do with it

If you need inks and 13x19 photo paper, it can run you to $170. You can simply take this deal with a net cost of $89. And you can turn around to sell the printer on Craiglist for a few dollars! Just make sure it doesn't end up in the landfill

if that prints anything like my pro9000 its a hot deal. For those interested, you can buy ink jet cartridges from Monoprice for $3 each or refill your own using hobby colors from eBay.

Adorama has the same deal + ~5 shipping, but higher CB which should actually make it slightly better.

How does this printer do with "session" printing? I.e., letting it sit for weeks between uses. Any troubles with clogging, ink life, etc.?

Cool! I'll pay for this with my AMEX rebate gift cards from the last two printer rebates! JK - I would, but I spent them, although I actually still have the gift cards in my wallet because they still have a balance of a few dollars.

skidmark said:   How does this printer do with "session" printing? I.e., letting it sit for weeks between uses. Any troubles with clogging, ink life, etc.?

This uses dye based ink, not pigment, which is known for problems with clogging when they sit in a printer unused.

So you're good there.

buttons252 said:   if that prints anything like my pro9000 its a hot deal. For those interested, you can buy ink jet cartridges from Monoprice for $3 each or refill your own using hobby colors from eBay.

No, you can't - no one has CLI-42 compatible cartridges out yet. It's also hard to find bulk ink in the 2 new gray colors.

expired said:   Adorama has the same deal + ~5 shipping, but higher CB which should actually make it slightly better.Anyone outside of NY have it?

It appears that Adorama is including the paper, but only claiming that the rebate is $200 instead of $300. Hopefully the paper shows up on the receipt in a way such that it can be used for the rebate. Also shipping is $7 (apparently for the paper since they claim the printer has free shipping). The 2% back that you'll get for buying at Adorama will almost entirely be eaten up by the shipping cost.

billrubin said:   expired said:   Adorama has the same deal + ~5 shipping, but higher CB which should actually make it slightly better.Anyone outside of NY have it?

It appears that Adorama is including the paper, but only claiming that the rebate is $200 instead of $300. Hopefully the paper shows up on the receipt in a way such that it can be used for the rebate. Also shipping is $7 (apparently for the paper since they claim the printer has free shipping). The 2% back that you'll get for buying at Adorama will almost entirely be eaten up by the shipping cost.

i only looked briefly but saw it on Amazon for like $288ish (no paper) and had the $200 rebate. didn't check the other sellers or anything. dont know if you could buy a ream of paper for $30-40ish and then get the $300 or not.

Amazon itself is showing $399 for the printer, with a $200 rebate. The paper is another $50, which would get you down to $150 net after the $300 rebate.

skidmark said:   Amazon itself is showing $399 for the printer, with a $200 rebate. The paper is another $50, which would get you down to $150 net after the $300 rebate.

ouch. sorry, i was sidetracked when i looked earlier. it came up $289 and i didn't realize it was a 3rd party seller.

Thanks OP. Hope rebate works.

Got mine ordered today thanks for the heads up on this!!!!

Got mine too. Hope the rebate works!!!!
Please post after receiving rebate card.

$280 + $32 shipping on Amazon. May be able to add paper to get similar result. Different seller for paper though.

Oops, says sold by Amazon.com, so no go through that route, I guess.

cattlet said:   $280 + $32 shipping on Amazon. May be able to add paper to get similar result. Different seller for paper though.

Need to read the rebate terms and conditions. The one posted at Amazon doesn't allow third-party sellers. Maybe there is a generic form out there?

In for one

TheWankeler said:   Cool! I'll pay for this with my AMEX rebate gift cards from the last two printer rebates! JK - I would, but I spent them, although I actually still have the gift cards in my wallet because they still have a balance of a few dollars.

Why are you telling all this to us?

kbedwardz said:   skidmark said:   How does this printer do with "session" printing? I.e., letting it sit for weeks between uses. Any troubles with clogging, ink life, etc.?

This uses dye based ink, not pigment, which is known for problems with clogging when they sit in a printer unused.

So you're good there.

Incorrect, printers left unused for too long can have the ink dry out and clog. The issue is how long is too long.

I tried to orders. says online ordering is disabled until saturday 915pmEDT

jfarinha said:   I tried to orders. says online ordering is disabled until saturday 915pmEDTNo ordering on the Sabbath!

ordered 1, thanks.

I received this in the mail the other day and its huge! It weighs 63 pounds and is so bulky it takes two people to move it. Not sure if it's worth the deal due to the hassle of moving it around...

I've got a Pro9000 Mark II, not ready to upgrade yet. Gotta wait for chip resetters and bulk ink from my preferred places... still, this is a great deal. Green.

peepsiemom said:   kbedwardz said:   skidmark said:   How does this printer do with "session" printing? I.e., letting it sit for weeks between uses. Any troubles with clogging, ink life, etc.?

So you're good there.

Incorrect, printers left unused for too long can have the ink dry out and clog. The issue is how long is too long.

I don't know about this printer, but I have a Pro9000 Mark II with third party ink (OEM cartridges that I've refilled and reset the chips on)... it's sat for 6 months at times without use, and them comes back up with no problems.

FYI. The rebate form specifies that you must cut through the box, leaving a hole when removing the UPC. Also, the B&H packaging didn't have any useful cushioning in mine, so you may want to test out the printer sooner rather than later.

Can someone comment about how long it takes from mailing rebate, until you can check the status online? I usually don't fret over rebates, but this one is an exception for obvious reasons.

In fact, it seems to me like a rebate this big is probably not a great idea from the company's perspective, who hopes that as few as possible rebates are processed of course. Most people will not chase down a $10 o even $20 rebate probably, but $300? I'll be on the phone every day if I have to.

I can't speak about this rebate specifically, but in general I've had good luck with the Canon rebate center in Memphis. Rebates were paid promptly with no issues. The processor is Advertising Checking Bureau: http://www.acbcoop.com/AboutUs.aspx

I have a question, and I haven't found an answer in the thread. The fine print says: "Offer does not apply to...eligible products packaged together and sold for one price." My receipt shows both together for $389.

Has anybody talked with Canon or B&H about this? The B&H website advertises the rebate with the one-price package.

Thanks,

Luke

Skipping 4 Messages...
skipuppy said:   Got mine ordered today thanks for the heads up on this!!!!

Received my rebate 06/18/2013
Great printer big foot print
Rebate took about a month

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014