• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Must be Club card holder. Offer might not show up for everyone. Mine showed up in 'Coupon Center,' under 'Special Offers.'

Activation fee will be charged (last time was $5.95 for a single $100 gift card). Can be bought in any combination.

http://www.safeway.com/ShopStores...ategory/23

Offer Details: *While supplies last. Purchase must be made in one transaction. Limit one coupon per transaction. Expires 05/21/2013. The MasterCard® Gift Card is issued by U.S. Bank National Association, pursuant to a license from MasterCard® International Incorporated. MasterCard and the MasterCard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of MasterCard International Incorporated.

Safeway
See Safeway coupons that earn $7.50 FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Safeway
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Bought the $100 fixed Mastercard (the exact one shown in the J4U picture) and the $15 discount did not appear. After I ... (more)

pakle (May. 15, 2013 @ 10:36p) |

Thanks for the tips, I guess, but... pffft. I shouldn't have to jump through any hoops or wait several seconds or worry ... (more)

yoregano (May. 15, 2013 @ 10:39p) |

Not to get off topic, but anyone that takes even close to 12 months to cash out a prepaid card is asking for trouble.

crhptic (May. 16, 2013 @ 1:26p) |

Staff Summary
  • Safeway Coupons:
    EASY7
    Free Delivery on 1st Order
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Confirmed.

Note that mine says "$100 or more in MasterCard Gift Cards in any combination", so if you needed to buy two $50's, that would also be covered (although you'd have double the activation fees).

Marc

Have anyone tried the $500 one? Thank you!

15 off 100
Disclaimer
Screenshot from my phone:

Prior deal:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1246307/

Some were able to buy the a variable $200 and get $30 off
Edit: Per SD, no $30 off this time

user0001 said:   Prior deal:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1246307/

Some were able to buy the a variable $200 and get $30 off
Edit: Per SD, no $30 off this time

I second this. Pikced up a MasterCard variable load gift card and loaded $200 today. System only took $15 off.

Any limits?
Is a card required?
Any other chains?
Thanks.

Have anyone tried to buy 2 cards together in one transaction? I wonder if it would take $30 off?

According to the Mastercard "get a prepaid card that's right for you" page, cards issued by US Bank are non-reloadable. You still save a bit of money, but slightly less useful. Has anyone got this to work with the save $5 off $20 purchase Just4U coupon?

watssion said:   Have anyone tried to buy 2 cards together in one transaction? I wonder if it would take $30 off?It's been reported on SD that the discount wasn't applied to the 2nd $100 card purchased in the same transaction.

Dano

So again, does the discount apply to a second $100 card bought separately? Thanks.

aarzi said:   So again, does the discount apply to a second $100 card bought separately? Thanks.Looks like no - From SD "I will say that I just sync'ed my Vons Just 4U app and as soon as I did the $15 coupon, and the other one time coupons (like the 12-pk of Coke for $2.49) all went away. I don't think if you buy one you'll be able to return and buy another and get the $15 off.

Thx LivninSC

Dano

looks like they pulled the offer. I added promotion to my safeway club card couple of days ago, bought $500 mastercard GC, no $15 showed up

sandy05 said:   looks like they pulled the offer. I added promotion to my safeway club card couple of days ago, bought $500 mastercard GC, no $15 showed up
The offer may have been pulled (fully claimed, actually), but if you added it to your card while it was still active, the deal should still be valid for you. Does/did it show as active at the time of purchase? If you think so, I would complain.

I added the offer a few days ago, and it is still showing on my account, for example.

Curious, why buy a $500 GC when only $100 was required?

yoregano said:   
Curious, why buy a $500 GC when only $100 was required?

5% CashBack card at grocery stores? Just a guess

To: Sandy05

post a pic of the one you bought, you may have bought the wrong one. If you added to your club card before they pulled it, the discount should still be applied when you check out with your club card entered.

sandy05 said:   looks like they pulled the offer. I added promotion to my safeway club card couple of days ago, bought $500 mastercard GC, no $15 showed up Just checked my account - deal is still active, took a screen shot just in case. Added it a couple of days ago

Dano

sandy05 said:   looks like they pulled the offer. I added promotion to my safeway club card couple of days ago, bought $500 mastercard GC, no $15 showed up

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with corporate office (I was at the store) for same issue. The guy acknowledged the offer was on my account, but that there was a system issue where they didn't download the info to some stores... so the register didn't know to kick it in. He CLAIMS it has been fixed as of today... but YMMV.

My issue was NEVER resolved, and the floor "manager" had the audacity to argue with me that it wasn't even an offer (I had my J4U shopping list printed out and with me, which clearly showed it on the list). Then had the audacity to argue with me and tell me it was supposed to print out a "coupon" since the offer was in the "Coupons" section of the printout... I tried to show her that J4U is split into _3_ types of offers-- Coupons, Personalized Pricing, and Store Specials... and that the printout was calling that a "Coupon offer," not telling me that I would get a coupon. As proof of this, I showed her the Campbell's soup, which was also in the "Coupon" category and asked her if, when I bought a can of soup, whether it would take $1 off the price, or if it was going to print out a "$1 toward your next purchase" coupon. I asked for the store manager, and the floor "manager" walked off... then 5 times in a row, over the intercom, she paged the store manager with "come see me right away" requests... basically, to intercept the store manager from me. I eventually spoke with the store manager and a manager trainee, and let them know I'd be addressing this (the customer service issue, more so than the offer problem) with corporate). The store manager apologized profusely, and gave me the $100 MC for $70 OTD as "compensation" for the hassle (it wasn't nearly enough!). I left, and went to their competitor on the next block and spent $200 on groceries. I'm tired of being treated so poorly at my local safeway... so it's time for me to vote with my wallet.

/rant off (for now)

DanoMcGarret said:   watssion said:   Have anyone tried to buy 2 cards together in one transaction? I wonder if it would take $30 off?It's been reported on SD that the discount wasn't applied to the 2nd $100 card purchased in the same transaction.

Dano

The wording of the offer says save $15 wyb $100 OR MORE in Mastercard gift cards, so that is probably why 2 $100 gift cards don't generate an additional $15 discount.

I just purchased my $100 MasterCard gift card and I got the $15 off. It is now 2 hours later and I am at home checking my Just4U account and it still lists the offer. Do you think if I went to Vons and purchased another MasterCard the $15 discount would come off again since it is still showing up in my Just4U account.

I bought one earlier as well using self checkout and the discount did not apply automatically, cashier was aware of issues with the discount not applying on this promo, and manually entered the $15 discount as Just 4 You coupon.

I remember the offer disappeared soon after it was redeemed when they ran this offer previously and when the register applied the discount automatically. The offer is still showing on my J4U account as well, I might try to get another one if it still shows on my account in the next few days.

I just activated the coupon on my safeway app and will attempt to purchase tomorrow morning. Thanks, OP, for posting.

What are the requirements for signing up for additional Just4U accounts? It would be handy to have at least a few.

EDIT: I just went through the registration process for an additional Just4U account and it seemed to work just fine. It looks like they only require a different e-mail address and phone number as your first account. I guess this is an easy way to skirt around limits. You don't actually have to have another physical Vons club card number, right? It also allows you to enter a phone number. So I just entered my cell phone number, whereas in my first Just5U account I use my home phone number.

Interesting. This morning I signed up for an additional Just4U account, using my wife's name, a different e-mail address, and my cell phone number (an AT&T GoPhone number). The transaction went flawlessly, except it was interesting when I got the receipt back it had someone else's name printed on the receipt other than my wife's name. I think what may have happened is the person who had my cell phone number previously may have used that number for her Vons Club account, too. Although I have had that same cell number for nearly two years now. The only weird thing is why the computer this morning let me sign up again with that same ID phone number if it has already been taken.When I go to the "My Account" tab and look at the name and address assigned to the account it is my wife's name and our address,, but yet another person's name prints on the receipt. I don't really care whose name is on the receipt though as long as I get my discounts. I hope the other person doesn't use it and beat me to the deals though.

Always nice to get $9.05 of free money and bonus credit card loyalty points, too. Thanks OP.

I thought the discount should work at any safeway/Vons as long the coupon is added to club card, but it didn't work for me in 2 different cities/zipcodes that my card didn't belong to. However, it did work when I shopped in the same city where my card was registered to.

labboypro said:   sandy05 said:   looks like they pulled the offer. I added promotion to my safeway club card couple of days ago, bought $500 mastercard GC, no $15 showed up

I spent 30 minutes on the phone with corporate office (I was at the store) for same issue. The guy acknowledged the offer was on my account, but that there was a system issue where they didn't download the info to some stores... so the register didn't know to kick it in. He CLAIMS it has been fixed as of today... but YMMV.

My issue was NEVER resolved, and the floor "manager" had the audacity to argue with me that it wasn't even an offer (I had my J4U shopping list printed out and with me, which clearly showed it on the list). Then had the audacity to argue with me and tell me it was supposed to print out a "coupon" since the offer was in the "Coupons" section of the printout... I tried to show her that J4U is split into _3_ types of offers-- Coupons, Personalized Pricing, and Store Specials... and that the printout was calling that a "Coupon offer," not telling me that I would get a coupon. As proof of this, I showed her the Campbell's soup, which was also in the "Coupon" category and asked her if, when I bought a can of soup, whether it would take $1 off the price, or if it was going to print out a "$1 toward your next purchase" coupon. I asked for the store manager, and the floor "manager" walked off... then 5 times in a row, over the intercom, she paged the store manager with "come see me right away" requests... basically, to intercept the store manager from me. I eventually spoke with the store manager and a manager trainee, and let them know I'd be addressing this (the customer service issue, more so than the offer problem) with corporate). The store manager apologized profusely, and gave me the $100 MC for $70 OTD as "compensation" for the hassle (it wasn't nearly enough!). I left, and went to their competitor on the next block and spent $200 on groceries. I'm tired of being treated so poorly at my local safeway... so it's time for me to vote with my wallet.

/rant off (for now)

Motivator said:   I thought the discount should work at any safeway/Vons as long the coupon is added to club card, but it didn't work for me in 2 different cities/zipcodes that my card didn't belong to. However, it did work when I shopped in the same city where my card was registered to.

Yes, that may be the reason why the deal isn't working for some. On the Just4U website it clearly says:

Once offers are added to your card you can use them in the local geographical region that you reside in.

Just an FYI from my experience---

My original idea was to load $500 onto the variable card to get maximum Cash Back through my credit card rewards. The cashier (who happened to be the manager on duty at the time) told me that the variable card could only be loaded through a cash/EDT transaction--no credit card purchases. The static amount cards ($25/$50/$100 etc) CAN be purchased with a credit card. I bought the $100 to get the deal.

MrVietnam said:   What are the requirements for signing up for additional Just4U accounts? It would be handy to have at least a few.

EDIT: I just went through the registration process for an additional Just4U account and it seemed to work just fine. It looks like they only require a different e-mail address and phone number as your first account. I guess this is an easy way to skirt around limits. You don't actually have to have another physical Vons club card number, right? It also allows you to enter a phone number. So I just entered my cell phone number, whereas in my first Just5U account I use my home phone number.

I am quite not following. So r u saying the same club card can be used and just sign up for new Just4u acct? I believe this has to be done after making the initial purchase with the club card. I am planning to use my card today to which the offer has already been added. Then what? Do I have to pick an extra club card at the store OR no need. I want to do 2 transactions and hence want to know. Hate to make 2 trips to the store though.

Thanks

tallladude said:   Just an FYI from my experience---

My original idea was to load $500 onto the variable card to get maximum Cash Back through my credit card rewards. The cashier (who happened to be the manager on duty at the time) told me that the variable card could only be loaded through a cash/EDT transaction--no credit card purchases. The static amount cards ($25/$50/$100 etc) CAN be purchased with a credit card. I bought the $100 to get the deal.

I purchased variable MC, loaded it with $500, and paid with Fidelity AMEX without any issues. Don't buy from that store any more.

I bought a $100 card yesterday and as others have reported, the $15 discount did not apply. I went to the service desk and they gave me a $15 store GC, but not without a bit of hassle (they ALWAYS presume first that the customer is wrong--saying I must have redeemed it already bought wrong item, etc.).

Rant to safeway corporate: this really is absolutely unacceptable. I am tired of the ongoing discrepancies inherent in the J4U program with valid offers not applying. You MUST do something to improve the implementation of this system!

Same story here. Just came back from there.
Said used it already, someone else used it, etc. I insisted nobody used. Then they said there was a glitch and may be they didn't fix it!!
Ditto with the rant....

yoregano said:   I bought a $100 card yesterday and as others have reported, the $15 discount did not apply. I went to the service desk and they gave me a $15 store GC, but not without a bit of hassle (they ALWAYS presume first that the customer is wrong--saying I must have redeemed it already bought wrong item, etc.).

Rant to safeway corporate: this really is absolutely unacceptable. I am tired of the ongoing discrepancies inherent in the J4U program with valid offers not applying. You MUST do something to improve the implementation of this system!

Corporations (generally, IMO) don't listen to you unless you're hitting them with a stick. Contact the BBB and/or your state Attorney General office to let them know about your concerns. As more people speak up, the problem gains mass and gets fixed... one way or another.

safeway/Vons now has $10 off a $100 American Express gift card on Just4U. The fee for American Express gift cardsi are the same as for MasterCards: $5.95. Except the one good thing about the American Express gift card are there are absolutely no fees (after activation), unlike MasterCard gift cards that charge you a $2.00 fee after 12 months I believe, I did the American Express deal on both of my Just4U accounts and each time paid with a $100 MasterCard that I did from the deal in this thread, so it was an additional $4.05 MM for me on each card I bought with no new money outlay.

yoregano said:   I bought a $100 card yesterday and as others have reported, the $15 discount did not apply.
You shouldn't have bought it. Don't complicate the purchase by adding the MC deal onto your cartful of groceries. Keep it simple: Buy the card (only) in a separate transaction.
(1) Cashier scans the new MC.
(2) Watch the screen: it should say "$100 MC plus $5.95 activation, Total $105.95"
(3) Enter/swipe your Club Card, and wait several seconds
(4) The screen should show a $15 discount, with a new Total of $90.95
(5) If this is correct, pay the nice lady and leave.
(6) If the Total is still too high, try your Club Card again, talk to the mgr, do anything but DO NOT pay more than $90.95.

Bought the $100 fixed Mastercard (the exact one shown in the J4U picture) and the $15 discount did not appear. After I complained, the cashier saved my cart electronically and brought me over to customer service (so that they would not have to re-scan everything). Cust svc called the safeway #, gave them my phone # linked to the safeway card/J4U, confirmed that I had added the offer. Then she scanned a barcode that gave me the $15 savings (showed on my receipt as SC MO CPN JUST 4 YOU). From the efficiency at which they processed my cart, it seemed that they were already familiar with the process, i.e. i was not the first person to have this problem.

knickdigger said:   yoregano said:   I bought a $100 card yesterday and as others have reported, the $15 discount did not apply.
You shouldn't have bought it. Don't complicate the purchase by adding the MC deal onto your cartful of groceries. Keep it simple: Buy the card (only) in a separate transaction.
(1) Cashier scans the new MC.
(2) Watch the screen: it should say "$100 MC plus $5.95 activation, Total $105.95"
(3) Enter/swipe your Club Card, and wait several seconds
(4) The screen should show a $15 discount, with a new Total of $90.95
(5) If this is correct, pay the nice lady and leave.
(6) If the Total is still too high, try your Club Card again, talk to the mgr, do anything but DO NOT pay more than $90.95.

Thanks for the tips, I guess, but... pffft. I shouldn't have to jump through any hoops or wait several seconds or worry about complicated transactions or any other load of nonsense. If they make an offer, it had better work right. FWIW, I have done this deal when it was offered previously and it worked fine. Didn't so a separate transaction or do anything other than make the purchase as part of a normal shopping trip. I would certainly always check my receipt to make sure the offer applied, and would see to it that the service desk took care of any problems. Clearly though, there are too many random discrepancies that happen in the J4U program and SW needs to get their act together.

MrVietnam said:   Except the one good thing about the American Express gift card are there are absolutely no fees (after activation), unlike MasterCard gift cards that charge you a $2.00 fee after 12 months

Not to get off topic, but anyone that takes even close to 12 months to cash out a prepaid card is asking for trouble.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.