• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I found this. Amazon Prime also will ship it for $219.99 starting May 10.

Here is the link. LINK

Please post your thumbs up!

Straight Talk
See Straight Talk promo codes that earn Up to 13.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

straighttalk
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Not working anymore. Has this been taken offline?!

msk2u (May. 09, 2013 @ 11:37a) |

The deal is now filed under "Expired".

ComputeThis (May. 09, 2013 @ 12:07p) |

I've got ST (tmobile-based sim) in Atlanta area. Been pretty happy with them....though if you need customer service for ... (more)

Mavericx (May. 13, 2013 @ 9:48p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, Do they have any better android phones than the samsung precendent?

no refund from Straight Talk if they cancel your account.

KayK said:   no refund from Straight Talk if they cancel your account.

Why would they cancel your account?

Does Straight Talk run on the verizon network?

yes they run on verizon

they have galaxy 2 and iphones now

is this unlimited data access. Unlimited web access and data access are 2 diff things.

have been ST customer for 3 months and like them a lot. (Saving $30/month compared to VZW) I have the ST "auto pay" option enabled so the $45/month bill is paid automatically from checking acct. Could I use a card like this? Not sure how. thx.

ggmon said:   is this unlimited data access. Unlimited web access and data access are 2 diff things.

this is unlimited talk, txt and web. Unlimited in this sense means data soft-limit of about 2gb/month.

kevingregg said:   have been ST customer for 3 months and like them a lot. (Saving $30/month compared to VZW) I have the ST "auto pay" option enabled so the $45/month bill is paid automatically from checking acct. Could I use a card like this? Not sure how. thx.

No reason to use auto pay. The cards are cheaper. Just log in to your account and add the card to reserve.

Do these cards expire?

Straight Talk has intrigued me and I have been thinking about switching to them once my ATT contract expires. Want to use my iPhone 4S with them.
It appears though, based on HowardTalk forums that things are changing with the cell providers they use. As in forcing people to use Sprint network versus ATT.

I still have a few months to go, will wait to see how that ends up.

dpid said:   KayK said:   no refund from Straight Talk if they cancel your account.

I believe the scam is as follows:
1) Request phone number rather than issue pin.
2) Use stolen credit card to top off account.

eventually, the credit card company will trace back to your account and it can be potentially suspended. There have been many threads here and on other forums with people complaining about this. IMHO if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.....

boulos said:   dpid said:   KayK said:   no refund from Straight Talk if they cancel your account.

I believe the scam is as follows:
1) Request phone number rather than issue pin.
2) Use stolen credit card to top off account.

eventually, the credit card company will trace back to your account and it can be potentially suspended. There have been many threads here and on other forums with people complaining about this. IMHO if it sounds too good to be true, it usually is.....

Are you saying that the 6 month card on amaz0n might be stolen? None of the reviews really even bring that topic up.
I agree with you, if its good, it usually is, but I'm also wondering how this deal could go sour; They are sending you actual card which you scratch off and add in your account. Or are you saying that the seller might have bought these cards using a stolen CC and then turning around and selling it?

I'm wondering if I should cancel my order then...

from the review on Amazon, it appears that folks get a card mailed to them from the actual seller, CardArt, which is averaging 4.9 out of 5 stars on 256 ratings (for the company, not for this specific product)

WOW GOOD DEAL! i pay now with Taxex (49$) for UNLIMITED ( MINUTES, TEXT, DATA )....This is bargain price.....~~ 14$ per month we can save.....

you are probably right regarding that...
thanks for the heads up

It's backed by Amazon fulfilment. No worries. Unfortunatelly it's out of stock but still greenest of greens

sowhat073 said:   yes they run on verizon
They run on Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and TMobile. The phone or sim card you buy will determine the service. I had ST for 3 months and the service was teribble - missed calls and delayed text messages,Internet barely worked. Found out later the phone was running under Sprint and they are not the best in Detroit. The StraightTalk deal was really no deal! I gave up on StraightTalk and I am now using PagePlus. Love PagePlus - no dropped calls, excellent clarity, Internet works, EXCELLENT coverage, no required Smartphone plan to use a smartphone (I can have an IPhone on their $29.95 plan), and can't-complain price. No 4G, but I am no rush anyway.

I would never give StraightTalk 6 months of my money ahead of time. Once you cancel, just like any other prepaid, no refund on any unused portion of the card.

notnow said:   Straight Talk has intrigued me and I have been thinking about switching to them once my ATT contract expires. Want to use my iPhone 4S with them.
It appears though, based on HowardTalk forums that things are changing with the cell providers they use. As in forcing people to use Sprint network versus ATT.

I still have a few months to go, will wait to see how that ends up.
They are not changing, it just varies depending on the phone and/or SIM you select. In your case you'd just want to buy an "AT&T" sim from Straight Talk, enter the correct APN info and you're all set. (AT&T ST sims are currently somewhat 'rare', so you'd want to either overpay a bit on eBay, get lucky finding one elsewhere, or use Net10 AT&T sim instead.)

You sort of have an option of who your backbone carrier is when you get a ST account:

GSM: T-Mobile and AT&T

CDMA: Verizon

It all depends on the area you are in, the contract ST has with the carriers for tower access in that area and the phone you prefer.

I'm not 100% on ST options, but I have a friend using it on the AT&T network, he loves it as the time is always on sale like this, and he spends ~$400 a year for unlimited everything.

I know for a fact the Google Nexus phones are unlocked and work out of the box with ST activation and SIM.

...and T-Mobile and AT&T. Depends what network and/or phone you want to use.

nicolaisnicer said:   It's backed by Amazon fulfilment. No worries. Unfortunatelly it's out of stock but still greenest of greens

"Fulfilled by Amazon" doesn't necessarily mean that Amazon will refund you if you get screwed by this down the road, it only means that Amazon is handling the shipping and customer service of this item.

This Is A Good Deal. ($270 - $220 = $50 Savings) (Actually More Than $50 Savings Because Walmmart and Straight Talk Charge Taxes.
Paying $37.00 Per Month For Unlimited Talk/Text/Data Running ON VERIZON Network)*** SWEET, Sweet, Sweet DEAL !!!!!!!
YES, Straight Talk RUNS ON VERIZON, Sprint, ATT, T-Mobile (The Phone Determines The Carrier)
FYI - If You Looking To Be On Verizon - The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C Is Probably Your Best Bet ($149.00) (Android 2.3) ** (Used $59) **Do Not Buy The Net 10 Version*** Does Not Work On Straight Talk*****
THE PHONE DETERMINES THE CARRIER. THESE ARE A FEW Straight Talk PHONES BY CARRIERS:
VERIZON (CDMA = NO SIM CARD)
Huawei FT2260C Wireless Home Phone Device
Straight Talk Unimax U670C
Motorola DEFY XT
LGL46C
LG Optimus ZIP LGL75C **(Android 2.3)
LG100C
Samsung r375c
Straight Talk LG 505C
Samsung R455C
LG290c
LG511C
Samsung R355C
Samsung R335C
Samsung R451C
LG220
LG200C
LG231C
LG221C
Samsung R810

SOME StraightTallk ANDROID PHONES RUNNING ON VERIZON:
Samsung Galaxy Proclaim S720C **(Android 2.3)
Huawei Ascend Y H866C- **(Android 2.3)
Samsung Galaxy Showcase- **(Android 2.3)
Unimax U670C- **(Android 2.3)
LG Optimus ZIP- **(Android 2.3)
LG L38 C- **(Android 2.3)
Sprint (CDMA = NO SIM CARD)
LG Optimus Q
Huawei Ascend II
Samsung Galaxy Precedent
Samsung Galaxy S Showcase S950C **(Android 2.3)
LG Optimus Black
T-Mobile (USE SIMM CARD)
Samsung SGH-T528G
Samsung S425G
LG900G
Alcatel Onetouch Flex
Motorola EX124G
Motorola W418G
Samsung SGH-T340G
Samsung T401G
Samsung T255G
Samsung T404G
LG420G
LG620G
LG Optimus 2X
RazrV3A
Motow385
AT&T (USE SIMM CARD)
Straight Talk Samsung Galaxy S II
LGL35G
ZTE Merit
Nokia E5G
Nokia 6790
Nokia E71
Nokia C3G

Don't forget the IPhone 4 and 5 - IPhone 4 runs on Verizon and IPhone 5 runs on AT&T.

I thought ST is no longer running on AT&T (for new accounts) only on T-MO for GSM? To get an AT&T account you need to (over)pay on eBay.

It's a "deal" but no way in hell would I pay 6 months ahead for Straight Talk. They have a notorious NO REFUND policy. If you are a gambler, go for it...me, I'll stick with 30-day refills.

and At&t

You can still get an at&t sim, but from eBay only. And they're going for a premium.

P.S. you'll have to jailbreak any iOS devices in order to change the network settings required for use on ST.

I have Straight Talk on:
my wife's 4s
my galaxy s2
son's HTC something or other.

I'd say i'm happy over all, and get 4G speed in my home area. I do travel some and it seems the reception, quality of service is not as good as it was with At&T. Across the three phones though...we save over $110 per month on ST versus At&t.

Seeing only $295 + $5 shipping.

aarzi said:   Seeing only $295 + $5 shipping.Looks like it starts on May 10th.

I thought Amazon at 220 would start on the 10th, but the thirdparty was available already.

I got 2 at $219 a few hours ago. The $209.99 deal seemed shady since the seller wanted your ST phone number. None of the deals shows up now.

ForSpud said:   I got 2 at $219 a few hours ago. The $209.99 deal seemed shady since the seller wanted your ST phone number. None of the deals shows up now.

Ah, that's why someone mentioned a phone number in this thread.

I got the $219 deal which is from CardArt, shipped by Amaz0n. Didn't have to give a number. I agree, I usually don't pay ST for more than 3 months at a time, but I'll gamble on this 6 month one.

Dead

From Amazon? Early??

dpid said:   ForSpud said:   I got 2 at $219 a few hours ago. The $209.99 deal seemed shady since the seller wanted your ST phone number. None of the deals shows up now.

Ah, that's why someone mentioned a phone number in this thread.

I got the $219 deal which is from CardArt, shipped by Amaz0n. Didn't have to give a number. I agree, I usually don't pay ST for more than 3 months at a time, but I'll gamble on this 6 month one.

If you are happy with the service, then the gamble is small. I was not with ST. If I had Verizon / ST, I probably would have been happy with the service.

I have a Galaxy s3 unlocked from AT&T running on ST.
Are you guys saying I can't do this anymore?

Skipping 13 Messages...
I've got ST (tmobile-based sim) in Atlanta area. Been pretty happy with them....though if you need customer service for some reason it suuuuucks.........foreign call centers (though I heard their forum-based support is decent).

Anyway, can't beat the price! Using an unlocked HTC One S that I picked up on CL for ~$200.

And I just ran "speedtest.net" for data speeds on the phone while I was thinking about it:

5.0+ mbps Down
~1.7 mbps Up

Yeah...no complaints here!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 1:30AM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.