• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router @ Rakuten.com Shopping (formerly Buy.com) - $19.99
was $69.99
Free Shipping!

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Rakuten.com Shopping
See Rakuten.com Shopping coupons that earn Up to 7.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Belkin Share N300 Wireless N+ Router
Thanks Funnyman1026
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Apparently the stock firmware on this sucks but it runs great with DD-WRT or Tomato. The range is not great but if you need better coverage get two and do WDS. I need a router with USB so I'm biting on this one. Thanks, OP.

In for one. Had luck with my previous only after I found the right firmware.

I bought one for my parents and installed DD-WRT. It has been very stable and works just fine plugged in, but I have been less than impressed with the range. I had to move the router upstairs to get signal outside and even then it only has a few bars. I had a stronger signal when it was downstairs using an cheap $7 verizon router.

I bought one about a year ago. After flashing to DD-WRT, it has been working perfectly. Mine came with a 450 MHz processor and 64 MB of RAM, which is way superior to other devices in the same price range. I also added an external antenna (drilled a hole on the enclosure and soldered it the board) since I had some interference issues with neighbors WiFi networks operating on the same channel mine operated, which increased the range and throughput significantly.
This router has been a great print and file server (hooked up a USB printer and external HDD to it), with lots of nice other features such as VPN server, Dynamic DNS client and so on.

saeedt said:   I also added an external antenna (drilled a hole on the enclosure and soldered it the board) since I had some interference issues with neighbors WiFi networks operating on the same channel mine operated, which increased the range and throughput significantly.

I might have to try that, any tips?

Unfortunately I did not take any pics or videos, but watched this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2q8dvbalPh4
which is quite the same process.
be very careful with the enclosure, since it is a little bit tricky to open, and has a lot of tabs that break easily. I placed on of the antennas on the back panel, above the yellow Rj-45 connector (Internet) and the second one on the side panel, where Belkin logo is printed. Since the second one is kind of awkwardly located, you can remove the stand (it has screws) and place the router on the other side which looks better if you have enough room. Otherwise, it can do pretty well with only one external antenna (so keep the other internal antenna in place) and don't install the external antenna on the side panel.
It took me about two hours to go over the whole process, since you better be prepared and have an alternative router in hand in case you are living with people who can't stand internet outage!

These are great, I have bought 2 in the past and they are all running Tomato.

I bought one the other day from Amazon for $5 more. Just bought this one for extra range! Thanks OP. And thanks to saeedt for the mod suggestion!

Nice price & great find! Many thanks!

Just pulled the trigger and ordered one.

Internal pictures to help aid in external antenna modification.

http://infodepot.wikia.com/wiki/Belkin_F7D3301_v1

info from the old thread

Just to Clarify: Note the model for this thread is different than the old thread. This model only has one USB port and the wired LAN ports are not gigabit.

The original deal in the old thread had 2 usb ports and the wired LAN ports were Gigabit.

sjelg said:   Just to Clarify: Note the model for this thread is different than the old thread. This model only has one USB port and the wired LAN ports are not gigabit.

The original deal in the old thread had 2 usb ports and the wired LAN ports were Gigabit.
good call, mine is still in the closet, thought it was the same based on the model name.

also, according to other buyers of Rakuten, some mysterious charges have been appearing after purchases... use a temporary credit card.

saeedt said:   I bought one about a year ago. After flashing to DD-WRT, it has been working perfectly. Mine came with a 450 MHz processor and 64 MB of RAM, which is way superior to other devices in the same price range. I also added an external antenna (drilled a hole on the enclosure and soldered it the board) since I had some interference issues with neighbors WiFi networks operating on the same channel mine operated, which increased the range and throughput significantly.
This router has been a great print and file server (hooked up a USB printer and external HDD to it), with lots of nice other features such as VPN server, Dynamic DNS client and so on.

i bought it around same time as you did. works great ! got the usb connected to an external hdd and can read/stream it from any computers on the wifi network. However i cant get the other players like blu ray, Sony streaming devices see the hard drive. any tips, ideas ?

Logician1313 said:   I bought one for my parents and installed DD-WRT. It has been very stable and works just fine plugged in, but I have been less than impressed with the range. I had to move the router upstairs to get signal outside and even then it only has a few bars. I had a stronger signal when it was downstairs using an cheap $7 verizon router.

Mine has the same range as the old router it had replaced (another belkin). But it is NICE to use the usb port connected to a hard drive but to mention ddwrt installed.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014