• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details...

What else is there to say. Cheapest I've ever seen

Tiger Direct
See Tiger Direct coupons that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

windows 8 OEM
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

FIRE SALE!!1

(just kidding)

FYI, you can install a clean copy of an upgrade version with a simple 1 to 0 registry hack. Been doing this since Vista. Zero issues.

If Blue is a free upgrade, this is a decent deal. That is, if you didn't get in on the $14 upgrade (I got three). Full, clean installs.

I don't get this Blue thing. Is it separate or just ongoing patches/service packs as always but with a different name?

Windows Blue is windows 8.1; much like the "cat" theme apple uses. The difference, of course, is that MS doesn't charge for incremental updates. It's a free update to all versions of windows 8.

On another note: it's pretty interesting seeing people's reaction to this. Best deal on the fastest growing operating system in the world, yet people fear upgrading so much that they'll downrank any mention of it. Doesn't speak highly of either MS or of the people who fear upgrades. (anyone remember the "sky is falling" crowd when windows XP replaced windows 98? or the ones who called windows 7 a "disaster"? I do... BTW- please don't make me defend windows Vista. I won't, and you'll be a lonely troll...).

It's funny that Windows 7 sells for considerably more than Windows 8. Imagine that. Even with a cheaper price tag and forcing OEMs to UEFIy windows 8, they still can't even beat Vista (based on net usage). Remember the PC market is bigger today than when Vista came out. Ouch.

Green for OP. Hot for system builders.

What is the coupon code? I see it as $99

windows 8 kills it.

Windows 8 = Pontiac Aztec

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014