• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.amazon.com/Beer-Proof-God-Loves-ebook/dp/B00403MNSK
Free upon posting, this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER which can be pulled at ANY MOMENT


Beer Is Proof God Loves Us: Reaching for the Soul of Beer and Brewing (FT Press Science) [Kindle Edition]
Charles W. Bamforth (Author)
3.6 out of 5 stars See all reviews (81 customer reviews)
Digital List Price: $25.99 What's this?
Print List Price: $25.99
Kindle Price: $0.00 includes free wireless delivery via Amazon Whispernet
You Save: $25.99 (100%)

Length: 221 pages (Contains Real Page Numbers)

Book Description
Publication Date: August 26, 2010

Beer Is Proof God Loves Us is a funny, engaging, and downright joyous examination of the whole world of beer and brewing. Your guide, Charlie Bamforth, may be the world's #1 expert on every aspect of beer. After a worldwide search, he was selected as the first Anheuser-Busch Professor of Brewing Science at the University of California, Davis. Now, he presents the most compelling social history of beer ever written: where it came from, where the brewing business stands now, and what the future holds. In this far-reaching book, he reveals:



The extraordinary complexity and artistry that can be found in great brewing

The factors that impact beer quality and wholesomeness

Centuries-old cultural values embedded in good beer



Bamforth also explains what the rise of new craft breweries means to beer drinkers and what the latest global trends will have on beer consumption. The book concludes with a look to the future, illustrating how environmental issues will change the brewing industry and addressing radical new approaches to brewing, such as Happoshu and malternatives.

Amazon
Get Up to 5.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

beer (17.38kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks JayMatt19

Thanks. Mmmmmmm beer

Thanks, OP!

JayMatt19 said:   Free upon posting, this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER which can be pulled at ANY MOMENT


Beer Is Proof God Loves Us: Reaching for the Soul of Beer and Brewing (FT Press Science)

For anyone who misses it, don't beat yourself up about it, it'll probably be back. FT Press books on Kindle are free often. I got this one for free in April 2012.

thanks

thanks!

and thanks

thanks

Why do so many people alway thank OPs for letting them know that they can get some jim-crack a book no one would buy, for free. That's one category of free that I can do without.

I'll drink to that!

GreenTrash said:   Why do so many people alway thank OPs for letting them know that they can get some jim-crack a book no one would buy, for free. That's one category of free that I can do without.

Believe it or not, people do have interests that may be different than yours.

I paid (gasp) for this book a couple years ago, and enjoyed reading it.

Perhaps you should try to keep an open mind? Reading free books is a good way to get started.

defjukie said:   GreenTrash said:   Why do so many people alway thank OPs for letting them know that they can get some jim-crack a book no one would buy, for free. That's one category of free that I can do without.
<snippage>

Perhaps you should try to keep an open mind? <snip>

And if not, a closed mouth, lest it when open, reveal the emptiness within.

THIS IS NOT FREE BEER.

Damn Topic Alerts

Charles W. Bamforth's nickname is "The Pope of Foam".

thc said:   JayMatt19 said:   Free upon posting, this is a LIMITED TIME OFFER which can be pulled at ANY MOMENT


Beer Is Proof God Loves Us: Reaching for the Soul of Beer and Brewing (FT Press Science)

For anyone who misses it, don't beat yourself up about it, it'll probably be back. FT Press books on Kindle are free often. I got this one for free in April 2012.

Yep, I got it for free on May 30, 2011.

ha, he was my professor in college. nice guy with a great sense of humor who is passionate about his research, and extremely enthusiastic about all things beer. definitely knows his shit



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014