• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Sears
Need a Sears coupon that earns 6.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Panasonic 42'' Class Smart Viera S60
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Video: 42, 50, 55, 60, and 65-Inch class (measured diagonally), Full HD 1080p, 600Hz refresh rate
Key Features: Built-in wireless LAN, VIERA Link, Online Movies, Media Player, electronic touch pen capability
Input and Output Connections: 2 HDMI, 2 USB
Eco-Friendly Features: Mercury and lead-free panel, long panel life (up to 100,000 hours)
What's in the Box: S60 HDTV, TV Remote, User Manual
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

In for one. Saw great reviews on SlickDeals for this tv and needed one. Price was good, free p/u at my local Sears Store.

I have been looking for good quality budget TV with Netflix and Amazon Video on Demand. Thanks.

Me too but my preference is only Amazon.

Bought it this AM, helluva a tv, glad I didn't get that Samsung plasma from Dell yesterday. The Samsung is a crap tv and let's face it, I didn't need anything from Dell and I'm far too busy to mess with selling gift cards.......... Sometimes I wonder how people can do so much work for some deals. My time is valuable. When I was a total broke ass I had time to work for hot deals, now I look at the price, not after selling coupons etc.

had one for two years....LOVE it

Don't let anyone talk you out of a PLASMA ....see for yourself

6% Cash Back today brings the price down another $24!

I have a 6 yr old vizio LCD, am I going to see much difference in picture quality with one of these?

smokediverxxx said:   had one for two years....LOVE it

Don't let anyone talk you out of a PLASMA ....see for yourself

Panasonic Plasma no less. I've had the non-smart version of this tv for 4 years and I love it.

Great deal OP.

TheHolyCow said:   I have a 6 yr old vizio LCD, am I going to see much difference in picture quality with one of these?
I'd vote yes. I have a TH-42PX80U in my bedroom (that was in my living for years) and the quality picture for a 720p set is amazing.

TheHolyCow said:   I have a 6 yr old vizio LCD, am I going to see much difference in picture quality with one of these?

Yes, definitely. The huge difference will be in black levels and picture dynamic in movies. The brightness of this set is much lower, it can take a little getting used to after an LCD. This Plasma brings the brightness down but on the plus side that brings in amazing picture quality in the lower registers, especially compared to an older LCD. This would work better in a bedroom or lower light scenarios - Daytime viewing in a bright room is really the only weakness, far outweighed by the picture quality.

What will non-HD comcast digital cable channels look like on this tv?

dwayne33 said:   What will non-HD comcast digital cable channels look like on this tv?

Depends on how close you are to the TV, 8 feet or more would be good. A Plasma tends to to do far better on non-HD material than LCD - LCD has a tendency to oversharpen and overexpose with high brightness making the picture look harsh and grainy.

BTW there are a couple of Shop Your Way Rewards points available on this puppy ..

Earn 25,000 points when you spend $250 or more
Plus another 20K points when you use a Shop your Way coupon
Plus the 4k in points just for buying it @ $400

Total so at least $45 -$49 on your next Sears purchase ;-}

Note that there is some babble over at Slick that both promotions cant be done . We shall see.
Also Amazon is price matching to $$400 for a few people .

AHHHHHHHH GONE!!!!!

I bought it but don't NEED it - still have it in the garage to avoid 15% restocking fee if I open the box. The Black Friday Emperex for the bedroom from a few years back doesn't always turn on any more, but of course now that I got the new TV box down stairs it's been working fine. I don't watch in bed often so I'm basically writing this in hopes I justify the expense to myself somehow.

Thanks OP - I think..

This TV has a price of $729 at Sears now. By now I mean June 10th 2013.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014