• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Ladies and Gentlemen, Brothers and Sisters...
This is my first post after years of hesitating
Targus - AC/DC Charger for Most Laptops $9.99 shipped at Bestbuy clearance (reg. price: $74.99)
Link:
https://clearance.bestbuy.com/detail/targus-ac-dc-charger-for-mo...
Enjoy,

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Charger (61.26kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
All four reviews on Targus.com report problems - including one that indicates that the charger may have fried the chargi... (more)

asuka (May. 15, 2013 @ 7:58p) |

I got mine but the thing is HUGE and very heavy. Will be returning it to my local BB store.

billrubin (May. 21, 2013 @ 7:16p) |

Who else would bother to post a review on the company site other than someone who had a problem with it?

billrubin (May. 21, 2013 @ 7:17p) |

Thanks.. needed one of these for my daughter. Not a lot of details on the site, but if it doesn't fit, I can just bring it back to my local store. 2 year warranty is nice.

You are welcome.
Nice to see people like you!

NM

Thanks!

I think it is this one (but not sure... the list price does not match but the picture does):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Targus---AC/DC-Charger-for-Most-Lapt...

SteveG

jschuman said:   If you need more info, here's the same thing on Amazon Linky

I dont think that is the same one...

sgogo said:   jschuman said:   If you need more info, here's the same thing on Amazon Linky
I dont think that is the same one...

It's this one on Amazon according to the UPC, which is listed on the BB site. So clearly the BB clearance list price is inflated, but $9.99 is still a decent price.

sgogo said:   Thanks!

I think it is this one (but not sure... the list price does not match but the picture does):

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Targus---AC/DC-Charger-for-Most-Lapt...

SteveG
So do the reviews.

I bought this a couple of weeks ago at same price. Works fine with all three of my laptops. A bit bulky so best as a secondary charger left somewhere.

I would rather buy a charger from eBay for under $10.
This versatile Targus charger doesn't last long enough, bulky, inconvenient to use.

I like to use these on my Chinese knock of Led's to light up back of my TV set and bar area.. thanks op

I think I will pass, I saw too many reviews complaining about the short lifespan (2-5 months) and how quickly some tips can wear out. I suppose it could be good if you are in a bind and had this in storage to be used while you order a real charger. Kinda like the donut spare tire.

Thanks, I got one for my computer.

Thanks, I got one for my computer.

ahhhhh, title caught my eye... was Hoping for a 12dc charger for laptop ... is there such a thing? anybody have experience with one? thanks

FYI I bought this on April 23 at the same site (BBY Clearance) for $7.69 with free shipping and handling. So the price can be lower... I can imagine this won't last as long as a real OEM charger, and the tips may be a bit flimsier than normal, but as a charger I leave downstairs and where I can swap tips depending on which laptop I'm lugging down, its pretty convenient.

Bought one a few weeks ago and will power, but will not charge the battery, of a Dell Inspiron 15M 5040.

Redw000d said:   ahhhhh, title caught my eye... was Hoping for a 12dc charger for laptop ... is there such a thing? anybody have experience with one? thanks

I've used the Pwr+ Car Charger for Compaq (under $25 on Amazon) for over a year. I don't use it often, but when I do, it's usually half a day or longer for several days at a time. For use in a car, I wouldn't expect any problems. On a boat with no motor/alternator running, as the boat battery voltage drops, my laptop screen will sometimes start dimming even though it indicates being plugged in the whole time. For best results, start with a fully charged laptop and keep it plugged in while in use. Or use the laptop standalone, then put it to sleep while you recharge. Using the laptop while charging it causes the car charger to work harder and sometimes it can't keep up.

In for one

skibum43 said:   Bought one a few weeks ago and will power, but will not charge the battery, of a Dell Inspiron 15M 5040.How much power does that machine need?

bought this..hoping it works it is a great savings!I usually have to pay 80 bucks for this but getting it for 10 is just liek buying the tip I need so its win win! (and FREE shipping@)

wow, thank you very much! sorry, I think I didn't use the quote thingy..

Thank you, lindelynn

daynafriend said:   bought this..hoping it works it is a great savings!I usually have to pay 80 bucks for this but getting it for 10 is just liek buying the tip I need so its win win! (and FREE shipping@)Don't believe the list price. The regular price is not $80.

Sadly I just discovered that Newegg had an AC charger free after rebate today, but it's sold out.

got mine, works perfectly with my Sony laptop, now i don't have to lug the charger back and forth from home to work everyday! =) thanks OP

All four reviews on Targus.com report problems - including one that indicates that the charger may have fried the charging circuit in his/her laptop.

Passing.

I got mine but the thing is HUGE and very heavy. Will be returning it to my local BB store.

asuka said:   All four reviews on Targus.com report problems - including one that indicates that the charger may have fried the charging circuit in his/her laptop.

Passing.
Who else would bother to post a review on the company site other than someone who had a problem with it?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014