Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Logitech Wireless Boombox Bluetooth Speaker
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have the ipod dock version of this same speaker and it is amazing for the size/price. I have got several comments on just how good it sounds. It is also portable and works well at that (having it plugged in does offer better sound quality but to have the option is really slick).

I'm wondering if this would work well on a motorcycle, mated to a Galaxy Tab 7 inch tablet.

I know the tablet gets 10+ hrs on a battery, and this speaker gets "up to 8hrs" on battery (so, i'd count on 6 hrs).

From reviews, it appears the sound might still be adequate at close to highway speeds.

Thoughts?

Why is thing in silver? How will that match steel appliance?

Be careful with this one, I looked at the description and it says the unit has a apple dock so I believe they are confusing some of the specs with the other Logitech speaker I mentioned above that does not have Bluetooth. I could be wrong about this as I have never actually seen/used the Bluetooth in person but from all the pics I've seen it has no such dock.

I have the Bluetooth version and there's definitely no dock, just a 1/8" stereo line in. It really IS an incredible unit, I got it new on sale at BB for $90 if I recall correctly, and its actually much more/different than the version with the dock, diff size, internal components, etc. I thought thosse were fairly cheaply made, this is very slim and really solid, I've been thrilled with it!

As far as mounting on a bike, the battery on these is excellent and you'll get more life if you simply use the headphone jack from your galaxy tablet and skip the bluetooth since its probably overkill if theyre that close to each other. This takes a DC input for charging as well, so wiring it in would be very easy, however I think your biggest concern will be size and placement. This does get impressively loud, however you'd need it somewhat in front of you and this thing is LONG and also curvy, so mounting may be a trick unless you have a bike that lends itself to that.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014