Nokia Lumia 521 $105 Microsoft B&M

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Microsoft stores have the 521 in stock. Pricematch the phone to WalMart for $129 - $25 Bing it on. You can do the Bing it on challenge at the Microsoft store for the $25 coupon.

Find out if you have a Microsoft store near you by visiting www.microsoftstore.com/locations

The phone is locked to T-Mobile with no contract, you do not need to activate the phone if you want to use it as more of an iPod.

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Nokia Lumia 521 (49.67kB)
Thanks Wemic
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, you will just use it like a regular cell phone without internet connectivity except through WiFi.

LongDongSilver (Jul. 16, 2013 @ 2:26a) |

sounds good, thanks

excx (Jul. 16, 2013 @ 9:03p) |

Starting May 10 through June 30, you can come take the Bing It On challenge and receive a voucher for $25 off a purchase... (more)

Pizzero (Jul. 16, 2013 @ 9:41p) |

From post on different thread
" Although it is branded T-Mob, he said it is unlocked and showed me how to let it go to the T-Mob activation or signup screen without the SIM Card (You have to cancel 3 times before it lets you proceed). Then you go to the Settings, About (scroll down) and select reset phone to finish removing the T-Mob tie in. I am yet to cut my regular size T-Mob sim to the micro sim size and actually try calling/data features though. I might opt to transfer the account to the included T-Mob. micro SIM." Thanks to FW member- DaRam

To those who have issue stacking, find receipt below... -martin628
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Are the phones still in stock?

What is the bing it on challenge?

The Bing it on challenge is looking at 5 web search results and choosing which one you like better. You must do it at the Microsoft store and they give you $25 off of $75 voucher for your trouble.

In conjunction with the new site, we are also taking the challenge on the road. Starting today through June 30, you can come take the Bing It On challenge and receive a voucher for $25 off a purchase of $75 or more**.

They had plenty in stock yesterday when I picked one up (White Plains).

My nearest store is across the Atlantic

I tried the Bing thing and unknowingly got 5 out of 5 for Google, so no $25 voucher for me?

great deal on a great nokia phone thanks!

New contract required?

Thanks,

Has anyone tried this method for both promotions, or price match and 25 dollar bing challenge.

Also, is this phone unlocked or locked to T-Mobile carrier.

RGrizzzz said:   New contract required?

Nope!

The Bing challenge is in store for the $25 reward. You can do at home for fun or practice. Phone is no contract and locked to T-Mobile, but you should be able to unlock it after using it a month as pay as you go.

I tried Bing too. And I got 5 out of 5 for Bing. I work for Oracle, not Microsoft, so do not flame at me. Google search for common phrases is totally screwed up. It is rigged.

Has anyone tried this? According to their site they don't price match - Price Match Terms, is there policy different in store?

addictedBuyer said:   I tried Bing too. And I got 5 out of 5 for Bing. I work for Oracle, not Microsoft, so do not flame at me. Google search for common phrases is totally screwed up. It is rigged.Not sure what you mean, I opened the Challenge window, then opened separate Bing and Google windows (so I could see the result of my searches and know which one to pick). I saw the same result whether going through the Bing Challenge or entering the terms in the separate windows.

Actually, for all of my searches, the results were so similar, it was hard to tell them apart.

thanks for this information,

It cost 16 bucks in gas, just to get to the store.

According to their site they don't price match - Price Match Terms, is there policy different in store?

elvisapresley35 said:   Microsoft stores have the 521 in stock. Pricematch the phone to WalMart for $129 - $25 Bing it on. You can do the Bing it on challenge at the Microsoft store for the $25 coupon.

Find out if you have a Microsoft store near you by visiting www.microsoftstore.com/locations

The phone is locked to T-Mobile with no contract, you do not need to activate the phone if you want to use it as more of an iPod.

The link took me to the MS store, not the item...

jaimelobo said:   addictedBuyer said:   I tried Bing too. And I got 5 out of 5 for Bing. I work for Oracle, not Microsoft, so do not flame at me. Google search for common phrases is totally screwed up. It is rigged.Not sure what you mean, I opened the Challenge window, then opened separate Bing and Google windows (so I could see the result of my searches and know which one to pick). I saw the same result whether going through the Bing Challenge or entering the terms in the separate windows.

Actually, for all of my searches, the results were so similar, it was hard to tell them apart.
I've done the "Bing it on challenge" many times before (took full advantage of the $25 off $25 coupon, limit 1 per day, last winter). My experience is that for general search terms Bing and Google were results were very similar with maybe a slight edge for Bing (but not substantial). However, when I started putting in technical/scientific terms (I'm a scientist), Google blew Bing out of the water. I don't know if they've since improved their algorithm for it but it was pretty bad.

Did any one managed to get the $25 voucher? Please post how you did it? Did the search. Bing won. It asked me to join the rewards program, I did. But no voucher. Its been an hour.

anyone else able to get it pricematched? Did you take the WalMart flyer?

SenthilJ said:   Did any one managed to get the $25 voucher? Please post how you did it? Did the search. Bing won. It asked me to join the rewards program, I did. But no voucher. Its been an hour. I think you have to do it at the MS store to get the voucher, no?

Yes, again to get the voucher you must do the challenge at the Microsoft store. There is no need to choose Bing, you get the voucher no matter how you choose. My choices were split fairly even with a slight edge to Google.

I had no problem with getting the pricematch and using the voucher. Even if they denied the pricematch you would be paying $150-$25 which is still cheaper than WalMart.

We're certain it's a nice town, but at the moment there are no Microsoft Stores near you.

Does anyone know where I can read user reviews on this phone besides Wal-Mart?

ablang said:   Does anyone know where I can read user reviews on this phone besides Wal-Mart?

Just Bing "Lumia 521 review". There are many tech sites that review phones all the time. Also, WPCentral.com is a great source for anything Windows Phone.

I called the store. They said they donot accept pricematch. Are they right?

Yes.

no

swordinhand said:   I called the store. They said they donot accept pricematch. Are they right?

From http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/DisplayHelpPaymentPricingPage/

Price Matching

Microsoft Store does not have a price match guarantee. It will not match the advertised prices other retailers offer for the same items.

maybe

Will this work for StraightTalk?

Got it 116 inc tax La store

It uses microsim. Just got phone no transferred to the new fone. Great phone!!!

ZenNUTS said:   Will this work for StraightTalk?
Tmo ST, yes. ATT ST, no (unless you figure out how to unlock it).

Microsoft has been caught many times cheating...they couldn't match Google's speed and/or accuracy, so they just copied their search results.

aaaa4538 said:   It uses microsim. Just got phone no transferred to the new fone. Great phone!!!

I have a reg. size prepaid Sim. Can I cut mine to micro sim size or Xserve to microsim size at no charge?

Yes, you can cut it. I bought cutters but did my first one with a PDF template I have.

swordinhand said:   I called the store. They said they donot accept pricematch. Are they right?

Nope. They do accept price matching, with a caveat - they won't price match online prices. B&M, sure. So price match it to WalMart B&M, they'll look it up on their tablets to confirm the price.

It worked for me, and I did my PM/Bing a full day before this was posted, even posted it in the original bing thread.

Skipping 81 Messages...
Starting May 10 through June 30, you can come take the Bing It On challenge and receive a voucher for $25 off a purchase of $75 or more*

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014