• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best Buy has the PlayStation 3D display on sale for $160. Because of reliability concerns I also purchased a 4 year geek squad protection plan for $30. Totally worth it IMHO. Don't forget 1.5% Cash Back and reward zone points.

Here

Best Buy
See Best Buy coupons that earn 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

PlayStation 3D TV Display Bundle
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Maybe this monitors poor ventilation caused many of the problems. I fitted an 80mm fan to the rear and plugged that into... (more)

DrWermit (May. 19, 2013 @ 2:27p) |

That's a good point, I'll keep my eye out, thanks!!

smish (May. 19, 2013 @ 3:11p) |

I so wanted one of these when they were $100 on Black Friday, but I missed it. I wanted to have a cheap 3D capable TV th... (more)

seholder (May. 19, 2013 @ 11:16p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Is this a good price?
Cheaper than elsewhere?

wow.. i thought these were done with. i saw them as cheap as 100.00 in the past

check eBay. if it's lower including tax, it's good.

DealRaider said:   check eBay. if it's lower including tax, it's good.

I don't see it lower on eBay. Lowest price is $202 new for buy it now.

I bought this for my son along with a PS3 bundle last black Friday (the price was $129 I believe) but the monitor was great for half a day &then flickered or shut off & when I return it I was told it was discountined & they did not have any to replace it with. I reordered online and the second one died within 2 weeks. I read many similar reviews. Is this a different model? newer version? My son really wanted this but I don't want the hassle of another defective product.

no, they're trying to liquidate stock to greater fools. there is no newer model. buy a 3d laptop or 3d tv instead.

No new model. There are known issues with certain displays to the point where GameStop won't even sell you a warranty. But best buy does and it's only $30 for four years. One scenario is your tv works great and nothing happens. Another, your tv craps out and best buy has no others to replace it with so you get another 3d TV.
For $30 the piece of mind is worth it and in the long run you could come out with a little bigger and better tv.

There was a brief fire sale on these for BF where it was 129 I think but they sold so quickly and I couldn't even add the thing to my cart.

I think what your getting for the money is a great value, however I would never, ever pay anything close to its original retail.

I got mine a year ago. When my main display died in Feb, I used this as a backup. It saw heavy daily use for almost 3 months. The only issue I encountered was that the HDMI port seems loose. Once or twice it wouldn't pick up a signal, all I had to do was wiggle the HDMI cable.

Obviously individual experiences vary greatly with this display.

I also pick one up for $129 around Christmas time 2012. Have been using it for a while on pc and ps3.

You can also pickup another pair of 3d glassess from Bestbuy for $13.99.

Sony 3D glassess for $13.99 @ Bestbuy

DealRaider said:   no, they're trying to liquidate stock to greater fools. there is no newer model. buy a 3d laptop or 3d tv instead.

RE:
3d tv instead.

I was looking at one in WM, such a blurry picture.

HKSturboKid said:   I also pick one up for $129 around Christmas time 2012. Have been using it for a while on pc and ps3.

You can also pickup another pair of 3d glassess from Bestbuy for $13.99.

Sony 3D glassess for $13.99 @ Bestbuy
EXCEPT they're only available for in-store pickup... and every store around is already long since sold out. So no, you can't buy them for $13.99.

If i remember correctly Amazon has them 20 shipped with prime. Still a good deal for a pair of active shutters that work with multiple brands.

Not available for shipping. And they do not have available in any of my nearest store. Too bad! They cant even do ship to store.

DealRaider said:   no, they're trying to liquidate stock to greater fools. there is no newer model. buy a 3d laptop or 3d tv instead.
Had ours for a year now. No problems. Used daily.

I initially brought 2 from Sony for $200. One went bad within 1 month. The other still kicking. Then purchased another from Best Buy for $100 and it is still working. I have warranty for both. Had them both for last then 1 year.

Con: It is very grossly screen. Bad if you have you windows facing it.
It sometimes goes black (loss of signal) and then images reappears.

Arg, not avail for shipping! I would've totally got this with a 4yr warranty.

I got mine for $99 around Christmas time last year and its worked fine for me so far. I don't use it every day, but at least a couple times a week and no problems.

smish said:   Arg, not avail for shipping! I would've totally got this with a 4yr warranty.

Hey Smish - keep watching. Since this thread was posted I've watched it go in and out of stock for shipping twice now. I been checking just to see if it comes back in stock with a little price drop hehe. I know, wishful thinking. But that's what being a fatwalleter is all about anyway sometimes!

Maybe this monitors poor ventilation caused many of the problems. I fitted an 80mm fan to the rear and plugged that into an USB port and it blows a lot of heat out. I use headphones so the fan noise does not bother me. Agree about the glossy screen, best used in a semi/darkened room for best 3D effect.

iamthejosh said:   smish said:   Arg, not avail for shipping! I would've totally got this with a 4yr warranty.

Hey Smish - keep watching. Since this thread was posted I've watched it go in and out of stock for shipping twice now. I been checking just to see if it comes back in stock with a little price drop hehe. I know, wishful thinking. But that's what being a fatwalleter is all about anyway sometimes!

That's a good point, I'll keep my eye out, thanks!!

I so wanted one of these when they were $100 on Black Friday, but I missed it. I wanted to have a cheap 3D capable TV that i would use like a monitor. It's still tempting, and for the price I doubt you can find a 32in 3D tv or similar size monitor.....but with so many of you having problems, i have my doubts.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.