• Page :
  • Text Only
My 10yr old bought one of these last December when everyone was sold out of the samsung 7" tabs. Its not a bad tablet for the price, the only downside is the low resolution screen. She watches Netflix all the time and plays her andriod games on it while listening to music, This one runs like a sports car compared to my wifes fire, the touch screen is pretty responsive and the battery gets about 7 hours.

I have one of these I got refurbed from Lenovo. I paid about the same a year ago. I also have a Touchpad and Nook Color (original) running CM9 and CM10 respectively. Mine did not come with ICS (I believe this one does) but I upgraded mine using the leaked Lenovo firmware. Honestly the poor reviews are fairly spot on. Of my three tablets this is my least favorite. It is least stable (locks up at least once a week--use it as a remote for my Logitech squeezebox infrastructure so it does see heavy use that way) and the screen is TN so off axis viewing is poor. Also it burns through the battery far faster than either of my other two tablets. That said price is decent and it does have GPS which is nice. Honestly, I'd save up for something better today.

Yes, has has a micro SD slot. Seems decent. Reviews around the interwebs seem good. Only has 512mb RAM but it does have bluetooth and 1024x600 display.

Placed an order this morning using the $20 off coupon and no email confirmation or order history so far, seems like Staples is not going to stack both discounts.

FYI, to make an apples to oranges comparison, the $69 nextbook at WalMart does not have bluetooth but does have 1gb DDR and and 1080P, but only 800 x 480 resolution. The Lenovo is 720p.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Nextbook-7-Tablet-with-Google-Play/221...

Can't have it all, I guess...

Great price. Thanks.

I bought one and did not receive confirmation either. Hope it goes through tomorrow!

Personal ,non-professional experience, I have not a seen a worse tablet than this. Some of the cheap replicas from Asian countries have better performance than this. My advice in 2 words, STAY AWAY.

ChocoBean said:   Personal ,non-professional experience, I have not a seen a worse tablet than this. Some of the cheap replicas from Asian countries have better performance than this. My advice in 2 words, STAY AWAY.

Completely agree. I've had a half-dozen tablets in the last year, and the current Lenovo offerings suck. Of course my Nexus is the best thing out right now, but I preferred my Samsung Tab, Blackberry Playbook, and even my Chinese knock-off to this. Poor resolution and bogging CPU were my main gripes. Threw it on Fleabay after less than a day of owning it.

I have this tablet and I enjoy using it. I use it for surfing, and reading. The resolution is fine. If a person is looking at it from the right, it looks bad, but if looking at it from the left, it's fine. Just sit to the left of someone you don't trust!!! It has never locked up on me. I get 7-10 hours on a charge. I also use it to stream pandora. I paid $99 about 3 months ago. I would recommend it, but only if it's your first. If you have a Tab 7 or Nexus, playing with this would be like asking an owner of an V6 to drive a 4 banger. It will never be good enough.

I purchased this case for it, seems to work well.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AAKLOSC/ref=oh_details_o07_s...

What has happened to Lenovo? These are not the first very bad reviews I have read of or heard of with Lenovo. But Lenovo used to be a pretty good, dependable brand. Now, not so much. What happened?

Lenovo has lost it. After arguing extensively with them about one of their laptops I fixed it myself. The plastic mold's screw mount bosses are poorly designed and snap off. The screws don't fail. The hinges themselves don't fail. Just the ENTIRE PLASTIC BASE!!!

They fixed the laptop once within the 1st year. But they fixed it with the exact same parts! No revision change. No improvements made. Same faulty design.

Best part is that the repair is warranted for 30 days so what happens on day 95 when the same problem reappears?? Lenovo now declines ANY assistance.

I will never buy another Lenovo item so long as they are owned by the same Chinese company that they are now. Period!

Just buy Nexus 7. You are wasting money if you buy this Lenovo ideatab.

Supraman91 said:   I bought one and did not receive confirmation either. Hope it goes through tomorrow!

From the feedback posted here it sounds like you stand a good chance of being disappointed no matter what happens (you get it or not).

Klingsor said:   ChocoBean said:   Personal ,non-professional experience, I have not a seen a worse tablet than this. Some of the cheap replicas from Asian countries have better performance than this. My advice in 2 words, STAY AWAY.

Completely agree. I've had a half-dozen tablets in the last year, and the current Lenovo offerings suck. Of course my Nexus is the best thing out right now, but I preferred my Samsung Tab, Blackberry Playbook, and even my china knock-off to this. Poor resolution and bogging CPU were my main gripes. Threw it on Fleabay after less than a day of owning it.

Why are you getting a new tablet every other month?

got one when it on sale.

dual-core/wifi/buletooth/GPS/4.0

speed is OK. I love it.

ArbitraryChicken said:   Klingsor said:   ChocoBean said:   Personal ,non-professional experience, I have not a seen a worse tablet than this. Some of the cheap replicas from Asian countries have better performance than this. My advice in 2 words, STAY AWAY.

Completely agree. I've had a half-dozen tablets in the last year, and the current Lenovo offerings suck. Of course my Nexus is the best thing out right now, but I preferred my Samsung Tab, Blackberry Playbook, and even my china knock-off to this. Poor resolution and bogging CPU were my main gripes. Threw it on Fleabay after less than a day of owning it.

Why are you getting a new tablet every other month?

Because he/she is what you would call an "Extreme Fatwalleter".

Because he/she is what you would call an "Extreme Fatwalleter".

LOL

not able to use coupon

just picked mine up. Mine can make hamburgers.

got one in open box, with $99 + $20 off coupon + $5 off $20.
so it come at $75. Not bad for the price but bit disappointing on some of the comments.
Good enough for a 7 year old to play.

not interested about it after I read some of the of the reviews..

I owned its bigger cousin (A2109) and returned it. The viewing angles are horrendous. Unless you want a tablet with what is literally a built in privacy screen, you don't want it. For apps like games that rely on what position you're holding the tablet (horizontal or vertical) there are also problems. That, along with the other issues you can read here and elsewhere. If you're giving it to your toddler because it's cheap, I guess it's OK. For anything else, I would spend a bit more money for a better quality tablet.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014