Paypal $5 off $25 @ Home Depot

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Please delete if repost.
Also, this link is from an email to my email. Not sure if it has any personal link or not:
Get Offer: $5 off $25

Offer End: June/4/2013

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

home depot paypal
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Thanks, added coupon my Paypal account!

TomPtz (May. 31, 2013 @ 11:04a) |

I added the coupon (it tells me that I added it) but where on PayPal can I see this information? I saw it once before b... (more)

SlamminMOFO (May. 31, 2013 @ 3:23p) |

Worked for me....thanks

TCIII (May. 31, 2013 @ 3:24p) |

YOU MUST LOG IN TO YOUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT BEFORE CLICKING THE OP'S LINK

In order to redeem your offer at The Home Depot you must pay with PayPal using a PayPal payment card or your registered phone number and PIN. The PayPal payment card is not a credit card, it is a store-only spending card linked directly to your PayPal account, so it can't be used online or as a credit card, it can only be used at participating stores. You do not need the PayPal payment card to complete in-store checkout activation. We will automatically mail it to your home address 1-2 weeks after you activate in-store checkout. There's a limited number of offers available, so act now. Redeem by 06/04/13.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks, add coupon my Paypal account

worked for me.....Thanks OP !

In stores only? Offer states: "This offer will be applied automatically when you pay with PayPal in stores." But paypal terms state: PayPal Terms "You will receive a discount on your next purchase when you use PayPal and spend the minimum purchase amount at participating stores and websites" Anyone used for online purchase successfully?

You are forced to link a mobile number (if you haven't already done so) which means you have to agree to this:

"By providing this number, I agree to receive autodialed and prerecorded message calls and text messages at this number. Message and data rates may apply."

Nifty.

I had to be logged into my PayPal account to retrieve the offer...

kdn102 said:   You are forced to link a mobile number (if you haven't already done so) which means you have to agree to this:

"By providing this number, I agree to receive autodialed and prerecorded message calls and text messages at this number. Message and data rates may apply."

Nifty.

No, not quite. You use either your mobile number or a P-pal physical card for checkout. They do encourage you to register your number, but it is not required if you use the card (which you have to request and wait for arrival before you can do P-pal checkout, of course).

Thanks

ffrob said:   In stores only? Offer states: "This offer will be applied automatically when you pay with PayPal in stores." But paypal terms state: PayPal Terms "You will receive a discount on your next purchase when you use PayPal and spend the minimum purchase amount at participating stores and websites"

Anyone used for online purchase successfully?

The coupon is also titled (for me): "The Home Depot (Online and In-store)"

I tried an online order and the promo was not subtracted.

can't get link to work

" PayPal is unable to complete your request
Sorry, this offer is unavailable. "

Still works for me via op's link

JosiOK said:   " PayPal is unable to complete your request
Sorry, this offer is unavailable. "

I got that too, but re-clicked the OP's link after I logged into PayPal and got "Page could not be displayed" message (or something like that). I repeated the process again and got this message: "This offer has already been saved to your account".

I wonder if this will work with the $5 off $50 coupon posted a few days ago: Link The fine print says it can't be combined, but I suspect it might work anyway if it's PayPal that's paying the $5 incentive to use their card at HD.

Just got it - thanks!

I'm the OP. Why is this deal in Expired Deals? Did I set something wrong?

I just got it too.

If it isn't working for you, trying logging into your paypal account first.

work for me...

Lefty421 said:   I just got it too.

If it isn't working for you, trying logging into your paypal account first.

Thanks, Lefty. Logging in to PayPal first was the key.

Why is this in expired deals? Still works!

Anyone tried to buy gift card and can confirm if it still works this time?

got it

Thanks! Good thing I checked my FW before going out.
I WAS just heading out to Lowes. Going to Home Depot instead!BBQ needs gas.

Thx.

Thanks OP, I got the email too.

Awesome, thanks OP!

paypal said: In order to redeem your offer at The Home Depot you must pay with PayPal using a PayPal payment card or your registered phone number and PIN. The PayPal payment card is not a credit card, it is a store-only spending card linked directly to your PayPal account, so it can't be used online or as a credit card, it can only be used at participating stores. You do not need the PayPal payment card to complete in-store checkout activation. We will automatically mail it to your home address 1-2 weeks after you activate in-store checkout. There's a limited number of offers available, so act now. Redeem by 06/04/13.

I'm really unsure of what all this means. I have a "PayPal Debit MasterCard" which I have activated but not yet used. PayPal just changed their site around so I'm a bit lost in there...what is a "PayPal payment card" (store-only spending card?). It says you must use this or your registered phone and PIN...but where do you set a PIN and how do you use it at the store? Do they have an option at the register for paypal checkout?

I've used paypal for years just to pay online, but never in a store...someone help me out?

thx

UPDATE - figured this out on my own. The PayPal payment card is a physical card that paypal will send you to swipe in stores to pay with your PayPal account just as you would online.
You can request one here:
https://www.paypal-promo.com/anywhere/desktop/

Also - you don't need to wait the 2 weeks to get it. You can register your mobile phone and a PIN using the link above also and you will be able to use that at checkout instead.
Please note - in order to setup mobile # you need to be able to receive texts. If you can't receive texts (no text plan or GV) then you will be out of luck and have to use the physical card.

Thanks OP, I've used this a few times now @ HD, nice to get a little deal once in a while.

Anyone try this on gift card yet? last time it works but don't know about this time

givememoredeals said:   Anyone try this on gift card yet? last time it works but don't know about this time

I hope so...this is what I am going to try and buy with it. Why wouldn't it...I think all PayPal will see is a $25+ charge at HD...that should be enough.

Anyone with a valid reason to think why it wouldn't?

I've purchased GC in the past and worked ok.

I won't be doing this.

Not worth $5 to have Paypal/Home Depot texting me all the time, which is something you must agree to when setting this up on Paypal.

Well I just got F'd. Bought something online and no $5. Went to PayPal too find this. Geez Op.

In order to redeem your offer at The Home Depot you must pay with PayPal using a PayPal payment card or your registered phone number and PIN. The PayPal payment card is not a credit card, it is a store-only spending card linked directly to your PayPal account, so it can't be used online or as a credit card, it can only be used at participating stores. You do not need the PayPal payment card to complete in-store checkout activation. We will automatically mail it to your home address 1-2 weeks after you activate in-store checkout. There's a limited number of offers available, so act now. Redeem by 06/04/13.

The link in the OP goes right to the deal that specifically says (in big print) that it is in store only.
The finer print states what you quoted.

Why would you try to get the deal and only *then* go back and read the fine print?

Don't blame the OP for your mistakes.

cyfan said:   Well I just got F'd. Bought something online and no $5. Went to PayPal too find this. Geez Op.

Thanks!

Thank you! anyone know if there are any $10 off $50 ones floating around?

worked for me $5 is $5.

just tried in store and it didn't work.

just worked for me- bought a gift card..

Good deal, too bad it's Paypal. Ugh.

If only PayPal would allow you to stack their codes.

Skipping 6 Messages...
Worked for me....thanks

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014