rated:
HomeWorx Digital HDTV Flat Antenna @ Meritline.com - $6.49 after Coupon
was $12.99
Free Shipping!

Coupons
MLCKBM21L1 - $6.50 off

Starts 11AM PDT 5/21/2013

Expires after 800 uses

(FatWallet Deal Hunter staff posts are certified ad-free. No money, bribes, or candy have been accepted.)

Meritline.com
See Meritline.com coupons that earn 3.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HomeWorx Digital HDTV Flat Antenna
Thanks Solipsist
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The TV's an old model, only HDTV-ready. Maybe it doesn't have digital tuner, which is required for this antenna?
Thank yo... (more)

fleapick (May. 30, 2013 @ 11:03a) |

DEAD. Won't take the coupon code..
Tried to order 2, and no go!!

sartor (May. 30, 2013 @ 12:05p) |

You must have missed the memo. All over-the-air broadcast television switched over to digital-only 4 years ago! See: htt... (more)

DirtCheapDad (May. 30, 2013 @ 4:13p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Any website to check the local OTA HD channel listing?

I was skeptical but jumped on the deal last time due to the low price. Turns out it is way over my expectation. I would recommend it to friends.

[edit for typo]

I bought one of these the last time they were offered. I am also pleased with the quality and will in fact purchase another for my bedroom TV. Thanks!

Useless in Northern Virginia, just outside DC. Brings in about 5 pathetic channels, on a clear day.

In for 1. Good deal, and looks like this will deliver what I need.

Is this better than rabbit antenna? I do not get UNC Channels properly with Rabbit antenna.

cs2010 said:   Is this better than rabbit antenna? I do not get UNC Channels properly with Rabbit antenna.

I have the Mohu Leaf and was shocked that it outperformed my big ole roof antenna. It actually doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm not going to complain about it. Bought this one in hopes of being able to completely get rid of my rooftop one.

In for 2! Going to replace the "Basic" cable at my parents house which comcast over charges for.

Here's hoping.

In for one to test.

I have been meaning to try the OTA thing. In for one. Thanks OP!

Coupon code automatically adds you to the mailing list. No big deal.

me too

This is about 4 x 6 inches

cs2010 said:   Is this better than rabbit antenna? I do not get UNC Channels properly with Rabbit antenna.

no

What is UNC?

Perfect timing, I just ditched satellite not too long ago and wanted to be able to get a few channels. Thanks!

In 4 1.

ZenerDiode said:   cs2010 said:   Is this better than rabbit antenna? I do not get UNC Channels properly with Rabbit antenna.

I have the Mohu Leaf and was shocked that it outperformed my big ole roof antenna. It actually doesn't make any sense to me, but I'm not going to complain about it. Bought this one in hopes of being able to completely get rid of my rooftop one.

I'd like to know how this compares to the Mohu.

Thanks for the tip...great deal!

Garstud said:   ZenerDiode said:   cs2010 said:   Is this better than rabbit antenna? I do not get UNC Channels properly with Rabbit antenna.

For $7, it's worth trying.

I"ll try it for 6.50 and put it in the spare bedroom

Green OP...in for 1.

PsychoFan said:   

+1

anybody tried both already?

Deal still good. Looks like they're running it again today.

tintinbbs said:   Any website to check the local OTA HD channel listing?

http://www.antennaweb.org/Address.aspx

I have this antenna and love it.

cs2010 said:   Is this better than rabbit antenna?. Rabbit ears style antenna are good for VHF signals. This design uses a fractal design optimized for UHF. You may need 2 antennas. I made one myself using the instructions here. I also used the modification described in the 3rd reply (increased-fractal.pdf). It's a bit more expensive to make, but it has more elements, which should be better.

Use the antennaweb, tvfool, or titantv sites to see what stations you can receive. Note that the digital change reassigned many frequencies, but not marketing numbers. For instance, in Springfield, MA, channel 22 now broadcasts on channel 11 (VHF), but gets remapped to look like they are still using the 22 frequency assignment which would be UHF. so a VHF antenna is needed to pick it up.

In for 1.

why doesn't it work on my TV? It doesn't pick up any signal. Any requirement for TV? I am in a metropolitan area.

fleapick said:   why doesn't it work on my TV? It doesn't pick up any signal. Any requirement for TV? I am in a metropolitan area.

Does your TV have a digital tuner? Did you set the channel tuning to work with antenna instead of cable?

The TV's an old model, only HDTV-ready. Maybe it doesn't have digital tuner, which is required for this antenna?
Thank you very much.

DEAD. Won't take the coupon code..
Tried to order 2, and no go!!

fleapick said:   The TV's an old model, only HDTV-ready. Maybe it doesn't have digital tuner, which is required for this antenna?
Thank you very much.

You must have missed the memo. All over-the-air broadcast television switched over to digital-only 4 years ago! See: http://www.dtv.gov/

Unfortunately "HTDV-ready" for early digital televisions did not mean that they included an ATSC tuner (necessary for digital tuning), and the government was giving away voucher cards for free/nearly free digital antenna tuners back in 2008 and/or 2009. For now, you'll probably be out $25-50 buying a tuner for that TV to pick up television over the air.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014