• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
WBAFSAVE10, this the $10 off $50 coupon

this is the site, http://www.wbshop.com/search.do?query=3fe&format=Blu-ray&pp=192&...

good luck

Member Summary

bluray
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been meaning to ask but never have gotten around to it. What is the video quality of these combo packs compared to the standard blu-ray editions of the movies? Do they compress them even more and put them on one disk or do they actually include three disks in them? I'm assuming it's the former.

I'm always amused by the strange combinations that they put together. Some of them make sense, but some of them... not so much.

blue-ray is spelled blu-ray

MeIsCheap said:   blue-ray is spelled blu-raysometimes i spell it bu way

couldn't decide, thought about ballew-ray

MeIsCheap said:   blue-ray is spelled blu-ray.

So is it "I just blue myself," or "I just blu myself?"

Nothing to contribute, but with this show coming back on soon, I couldn't help but put a interlude.

Date Posted: May/22/2013 1:50 PM
Rating: 0

MeIsCheap said:
blue-ray is spelled blu-ray

So is it "I just blue myself," or "I just blu myself?"

Nothing to contribute, but with this show coming back on soon, I couldn't help but put a interlude.

I think these are Videos off of the "Vivid Video" XXX combo pack, so both are correct

spedinfargo said:   I've been meaning to ask but never have gotten around to it. What is the video quality of these combo packs compared to the standard blu-ray editions of the movies? Do they compress them even more and put them on one disk or do they actually include three disks in them? I'm assuming it's the former.

I'm always amused by the strange combinations that they put together. Some of them make sense, but some of them... not so much.

all of them are just the three regular discs (just the first of the set, if there was a two-disc edition). there are two exceptions that i'm aware of: the 16 blocks pack has just two discs (two movies on one, one on another), and the troy/alexander set has four discs because alexander is split onto two (but it's not part of this deal).

they all also originally came with slipcovers, many of which were metallic/kind of glossy, although a few were just matte (p.s. i love you set). i do wish this included ALL of them (notably missing the set that includes twister) so i could fill in some spots in my collection, but still picked up six for the extra $10 off

spedinfargo said:   I've been meaning to ask but never have gotten around to it. What is the video quality of these combo packs compared to the standard blu-ray editions of the movies? Do they compress them even more and put them on one disk or do they actually include three disks in them? I'm assuming it's the former.

Agree about strange combinations, but a few make sense. Stanley Kubrick, superman, john wayne. oliver stone sets, etc. But WTF on who paired most of the other ones up.
As far as compression, they're probably about as good as "broadcast hd". And of course you're also going to be missing the extra features. For some that might not matter, though. As a cinemaphile, I often enjoy the extras (although sometimes it's just filler).

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014