• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.sears.com/craftsman-21inch-front-wheel-drive-mower/p-...

Add this Claber 8639 Male Accessory Adpater $1.49 to make it go above $200 then use SPRING20 coupon for an additional 10% off about $181 + 5% CB With Shop Discover Or 6% FatWallet Cash Back.

•Smooth Start™ uses recoil for faster, easier starting with less effort
•Most Reliable Starting (MRS) spark plug fires fast
•Single speed propelled front wheel drive means more control and less fatigue
•Precision Plus™ delivers accurate, even cutting with a durable blade
•21 in. 3-in-1 deck lets’ you choose between bagging, mulching and side discharge
•Deck design extends cutting area beyond wheels for more precise trimming and edging
•Dual-point deck height adjusters with 6 positions
•Flexible cutting heights ranging from 1.25 to 3.75 in. for any lawn or grass type
•EZ Empty rear bagger with Dust Blocker™ (1.9 Bu) reduces the amount of dust while allowing the bag to completely fill with clippings
•8 in. front and 8 in. rear wheels increase maneuverability
•Unit comes fully assembled
•Warranty: 2 years
•Available in 50 states
•Engine size rated by engine manufacturer

Sears
See Sears coupons that earn 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Craftsman 21'' Front Wheel Drive Mower
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Gets pretty good reviews from consumer reports.
Reviews & Recommended - Craftsman 37440

CR's Take

Mulched impressively, producing fine clippings without leaving clumps.
Dispersed clippings smoothly and evenly in side-discharge mode.

Highs

Lows

No discernible lows.

Detailed test results

MULCHING: Produced fine clippings, leaving minimal clumps.
SIDE DISCHARGE: Dispersed clippings with minimal clumps or rows of grass.
BAGGING: Did not completely fill its bag. We factor evenness of cut into each of these cutting scores.

So tired of dragging power cords for my electric mower. I have been looking for a nice gas mower. Perfect timing. Thanks OP.

add a 1 penny filler and code SPRING20 to save $20

try this addon, http://www.sears.com/gardenlife-threaded-accessory-connector/p-0...

it worked with me (cheapest I could find)

I've had problems with Briggs and Stratton engines and wouldn't buy another. I'm sticking with Honda.

Same here. In for one. And $20 off with coupon SPRING20.

There is also a shopyourway coupon for 10% off lawn and garden

Front wheel drive is awful on these. Can't turn and drive at the same time and when the bag gets heavy you have to pull up on the handle to get traction. My back used to kill me when I used a front wheel drive Craftsman from pulling up on the handle. Might work great for a small yard but anything over a quarter acre and you'll wish you had rear wheel drive. This coming from a former teenage neighborhood lawnmower

If you have the money, Honda is the best. If you want something a little cheaper I like Toro. Briggs and Stratton yes, but they really aren't that bad. They are just not as good as Honda. It will be a little harder to start later in life but it will cut just fine after you get it going.

Neppem said:   Gets pretty good reviews from consumer reports.
Reviews & Recommended - Craftsman 37440

CR's Take

Highs

Lows

No discernible lows.

Detailed test results

MULCHING: Produced fine clippings, leaving minimal clumps.
SIDE DISCHARGE: Dispersed clippings with minimal clumps or rows of grass.
BAGGING: Did not completely fill its bag. We factor evenness of cut into each of these cutting scores.

consumer rreportz is a joke,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I own a very similar looking predecessor of this mower. It has been an excellent performer for my needs (which, living in a city, are probably more meager than most). My biggest complaint is that the deck is rusting out and rotting.

I wish there were a cost effective place to buy replacement mower decks... Anyone know of any?

Matrim33 said:   If you have the money, Honda is the best. If you want something a little cheaper I like Toro. Briggs and Stratton yes, but they really aren't that bad. They are just not as good as Honda. It will be a little harder to start later in life but it will cut just fine after you get it going.

I'd worry more about the plastic front end on this mower (and most other sub $300 mowers). I just replaced my nearly 16 year old mower a couple weeks ago, I don't think any of these plastic front ends will hold up that long. BTW, the old one had a Briggs & Stratton engine.

thanks op, just bought a new house, waiting for them to lay sod, but got this for when i can start to mow

Does not appear to be expired. I didn't go all the way through checkout, but for my zip it shows in stock for delivery.

B&S motors are good, beware of cheap deck. fabricated or stamped?

kevinmcb said:   There is also a shopyourway coupon for 10% off lawn and garden

Can you provide a link to this coupon? I ask because SPRING20 does not seem to work....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014