• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
We were in the market for a new range for our kitchen and have been looking at this one for a while. It's on sale at other places for $809, but Lowes have it for $674 including installation and haul away! I could have used my 5% off Lowe's card to bring it down to $640, but my Chase Freedom card is offering 5% CashBack at Lowe's and then I could use promo code 470000000027891 (can't use promo code with Lowe's card discount) to get another $25 off (plus FatWallet CashBack of 4%). So the total was $649 and I'll get $32 CashBack on my credit card and $26 from Fatwallet bringing it to a total of $591 (plus tax)!

Whirlpool Stainless Steel Range WFE540H0AS $674 at Lowe's

Lowe's
See Lowe's discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Lowes
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

working link?

Where is the promo code from? I tried to enter it and it said it was invalid.

I used the promo code 30 minutes ago! Order has to be over $250....

Thanks for good info. I needed to replace an over the range microwave and it was priced around $269. Sales Tax added $20 so your promo code (which just worked for me about 5 minutes ago) got rid of the sales tax and $5.....I used my Discovercard which is paying 5% for home improvement stores and went through shopdiscover for an extra 5% saving me another $26 or so. Anyone know how much Lowes charges to install appliances? I think more is involved with my over the range microwave since the old one has to be removed then new one installed.

I ordered a microwave also using the promo code (for $269, so it's probably the same one). They charged us $99 for installation and haul away...although the guys remodelling our kitchen said they'd do it for $50, so we canceled it!

Just a few days ago I ordered a Fridgidar electric stove from Lowes for a total of $484 including 6.25% tax.

The microwave I ordered was this one: http://lowes.com/pd_396277-46-WMH32517AB_?fromStore=true It got good reviews and had "sensor cooking" which I've heard good things about. Got a guy who has done electrical and air conditioning work for me in the past...gonna see if he can beat the $94 service call an appliance installer quoted me and the $99 you said Lowes would charge.

I wonder if the manual they include has installation instructions.

Just replace my over the range microwave last weekend, nothing difficult. I run into trouble since I have a granite backboard, which limits the height of new microwave. If you don't have such, replacing one would be easy in my opinion. If you do like what I have, then make sure you go to Lowes and physically measure the size (especially the back side of the unit).

I would not recommend to purchase any kitchen appliance from Lowes. I bought my stove and microwave online a couple months ago online and nobody contact me for delivery. As email said someone will contact me to set up for delivery and installation. So I waited and waited and called in and said I need to go in in person to sign a waiver for delivery (????). I did and then still nobody called for installqtion. And at the end, they pushed me to upgrade to another stove and said the one I ordered out of stock!!! It was a very frustrating experience and I highly not recommend to buy it from Lowes. I took the receipt to pacific sales, and they offered me the same price and plus 10% off.

Well they called me bright an early at 7:30am today to say they'd be delivering the microwave from 10am to 1...and at 9:58 they were at my door....still hunting if I can find a cheaper installer..watched a few vids on youtube on how to install but 2 people are really recommended because it makes it alot easier to hold up the microwave in place and have someone else screw in the top screws. I'm hoping the frame on the back wall from my frigidaire is generic enough to work with the new one...is that a pipe dream since they are different manufacturers?

famewolf said:   Well they called me bright an early at 7:30am today to say they'd be delivering the microwave from 10am to 1...and at 9:58 they were at my door....still hunting if I can find a cheaper installer..watched a few vids on youtube on how to install but 2 people are really recommended because it makes it alot easier to hold up the microwave in place and have someone else screw in the top screws. I'm hoping the frame on the back wall from my frigidaire is generic enough to work with the new one...is that a pipe dream since they are different manufacturers?
Last time I bought a microwave it came with the frame that attaches to the back wall. I can't vouch that this one does, though.

And replacing an old microwave isn't that difficult, but you really should have two people to make the install process much easier.

Yeah I know about the frame...my question was whether the frame's are generic or specific to each microwave...ie can I use the frigidaire one which is already mounted and already level vs mounting the new one...decided to just call an appliance installer and let them deal with any issues.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014