• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-G6-2235us-156-Laptop/product_...

ake an extra
$75 OFF
HP Pavilion Laptop
Item no. 985050 Exclusions apply.
In-store coupon code: 88616
Online or phone coupon code: 40914

Included features

Built-in CD/DVD burner
Watch DVD movies, load software and burn videos to media3
Built-in media card reader
Transfer photos from your memory cards in seconds

10-key numeric keypad
Crunch numbers fast with the separate numeric keypad

HDMI port
View photos, videos and files stored on your PC on your HDTV

Specifications

Display

15.6" diagonal HD4 BrightView LED-backlit display (1366 x 768)

Memory

4GB installed memory

Hard drive

750GB 5400RPM hard drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection5

Processor

Next Gen AMD A6-4400M Accelerated Processor6

Battery life

6-cell 47WHr lithium-ion battery (up to 3 hrs, 15 mins of battery life7)

Operating system

Windows 88

Weight and dimensions

5.46 lbs9, 14.80"W x 9.61"D x 1.20"–1.43"H

Finish

HP Imprint finish in sparkling black

Graphics card

AMD Radeon™ HD 7520G Discrete-Class graphics and up to 2029MB total graphics memory10

Optical drive

SuperMulti DVD burner3

Wireless

802.11b/g/n WLAN11

Warranty

1-year limited hardware warranty with toll-free support

Staples
See Staples promo codes that earn Up to 2.5% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HP Pavilion G6-2235us (14.39kB)
Thanks djrsn00
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The jerk must be a jerk because he did not plan it right..

yesidonoitall (May. 27, 2013 @ 7:10p) |

So is riding a bike.. oh well to late..

Maphatlal (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 9:37a) |

I bought an HP pavilion last year and the internal cooling fan broke in 6 months. Interestingly, the computer sent me a ... (more)

mamabeardsley (Jun. 04, 2013 @ 10:43a) |

Use coupon code 56007 for an additional $10 off.
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › HP

Good repeat offer from the first or so of the month but I find they are in short supply in the store.
On line available.

i can't add the coupon it says "We're sorry, but you can only apply one dollars-off coupon to this order. Please check and try again"

did i do something wrong ?

fattie123 said:   i can't add the coupon it says "We're sorry, but you can only apply one dollars-off coupon to this order. Please check and try again"

try placing the order over the phone. I don't see why that coupon listed in OP shouldn't work. this is an HP Pavilion. I don't have the fine print of the coupon if there are any SKU exclusions.

call 1-800-3 Staples to order it.

Yesterday I got one of these.

The coupon should work since it ONLY applies to the SKU 985050

Operating system

Windows 88
??

maybe windows95 next year

Has HP ever worked out all of their problems with laptops overheating / fans burning out?

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   Has HP ever worked out all of their problems with laptops overheating / fans burning out?

I have never heard of such an issue....

yesidonoitall said:   AusTex Deal Seeker said:   Has HP ever worked out all of their problems with laptops overheating / fans burning out?

I have never heard of such an issue....

HP laptops had YEARS of these problems with many recalls. I'm sure the current models have addressed these issues though. It's similar to Tiger's rebates.

It has the same rebate # as the deal from a couple months back. However, the terms & conditions do not exclude repeat rebaters:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: End user customer redeems via HP sponsored fulfillment house. HP reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time. Limit one (1) rebate per qualifying product purchased. Offer good only during promotional period on purchases of qualifying HP products made during the promotion start/end date period with qualifying reseller ads. Offer is limited to product on hand and NO substitutions with other products are eligible. Offer not valid on refurbished or demo HP products. Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Only one entry type (electronic or mail-in) per qualifying product purchased. Only purchases made by an end user customer for their personal or internal use in the United States and their territories are valid (not for resale). Purchase date is determined by invoice or receipt date. Purchases made by HP/Compaq resellers and internal HP/Compaq orders are ineligible. Requests must be postmarked within 45 days of purchase date, as determined by invoice, receipt, or transaction record. Claims postmarked or received after applicable dates, incomplete submissions, and illegible submissions will be returned as ineligible. Orders that have been cancelled are not eligible. This includes both mail-in rebates and electronic submissions. HP/Compaq products may not be returned for refund once the rebate form has been submitted. Keep copies of materials submitted; originals become HP property and will not be returned. HP reserves the right to request additional information regarding this claim regardless of paper or electronic submission. False information disqualifies this claim, making it subject to review under U.S. Postal Regulations. Violators may be prosecuted. Allow 8-10 weeks for processing. If terms and conditions are not met, rebate check will not be sent. HP is not responsible for any claims lost, damaged, or delayed in transit. Rebate checks are void if not cashed within 90 days of issuance. Rebate checks will be mailed only to the United States, U.S. territories, and U.S. military bases. If you have any questions regarding this offer, please call the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1.888.385.5410. To submit rebate online: Serial Number entry is required for online submission. Store purchase: locate the Easy Rebate ID Number and the Rebate Offer Number found on the Rebate Redemption register form. Staples.com purchase: locate the order number and Rebate Offer Number found on the packing slip or order confirmation page. To mail rebate: No UPC label is required. Serial number is required, found on product box. Enter the serial number from each valid product purchased. Store purchase: send this completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form. Attach ORIGINAL sales or Rebate Receipt. Photocopies not accepted. Staples.com purchase: Send this ORIGINAL rebate redemption form with ORIGINAL order confirmation form or ORIGINAL packing slip enclosed with purchase. Photocopies not accepted. Receive: Your rebate check as specified. Allow 8-10 week for processing. If terms and conditions are not met, rebate check will not be sent. HP is not responsible for any claims lost, damaged, or delayed in transit. Rebate checks are void if not chased within 90 days of issuance and cannot be reissued.

swandown said:   It has the same rebate # as the deal from a couple months back. However, the terms & conditions do not exclude repeat rebaters:

TERMS AND CONDITIONS: End user customer redeems via HP sponsored fulfillment house. HP reserves the right to modify or withdraw this promotion at any time. Limit one (1) rebate per qualifying product purchased. Offer good only during promotional period on purchases of qualifying HP products made during the promotion start/end date period with qualifying reseller ads. Offer is limited to product on hand and NO substitutions with other products are eligible. Offer not valid on refurbished or demo HP products. Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted by law. Only one entry type (electronic or mail-in) per qualifying product purchased. Only purchases made by an end user customer for their personal or internal use in the United States and their territories are valid (not for resale). Purchase date is determined by invoice or receipt date. Purchases made by HP/Compaq resellers and internal HP/Compaq orders are ineligible. Requests must be postmarked within 45 days of purchase date, as determined by invoice, receipt, or transaction record. Claims postmarked or received after applicable dates, incomplete submissions, and illegible submissions will be returned as ineligible. Orders that have been cancelled are not eligible. This includes both mail-in rebates and electronic submissions. HP/Compaq products may not be returned for refund once the rebate form has been submitted. Keep copies of materials submitted; originals become HP property and will not be returned. HP reserves the right to request additional information regarding this claim regardless of paper or electronic submission. False information disqualifies this claim, making it subject to review under U.S. Postal Regulations. Violators may be prosecuted. Allow 8-10 weeks for processing. If terms and conditions are not met, rebate check will not be sent. HP is not responsible for any claims lost, damaged, or delayed in transit. Rebate checks are void if not cashed within 90 days of issuance. Rebate checks will be mailed only to the United States, U.S. territories, and U.S. military bases. If you have any questions regarding this offer, please call the HP and Compaq Rebate Center at 1.888.385.5410. To submit rebate online: Serial Number entry is required for online submission. Store purchase: locate the Easy Rebate ID Number and the Rebate Offer Number found on the Rebate Redemption register form. Staples.com purchase: locate the order number and Rebate Offer Number found on the packing slip or order confirmation page. To mail rebate: No UPC label is required. Serial number is required, found on product box. Enter the serial number from each valid product purchased. Store purchase: send this completed ORIGINAL rebate redemption form. Attach ORIGINAL sales or Rebate Receipt. Photocopies not accepted. Staples.com purchase: Send this ORIGINAL rebate redemption form with ORIGINAL order confirmation form or ORIGINAL packing slip enclosed with purchase. Photocopies not accepted. Receive: Your rebate check as specified. Allow 8-10 week for processing. If terms and conditions are not met, rebate check will not be sent. HP is not responsible for any claims lost, damaged, or delayed in transit. Rebate checks are void if not chased within 90 days of issuance and cannot be reissued.

Way too much to read, what exactly are you saying?

thanks OP.. got for ~$350 before $50 rebate (after outrageous CA taxes). Also added couple of freebie stuff using coupons I got in mail. overall will cost me $300 including tax and a desk fan and wireless weather station.

MISTERCHEAP said:   fattie123 said:   i can't add the coupon it says "We're sorry, but you can only apply one dollars-off coupon to this order. Please check and try again"

try placing the order over the phone. I don't see why that coupon listed in OP shouldn't work. this is an HP Pavilion. I don't have the fine print of the coupon if there are any SKU exclusions.

call 1-800-3 Staples to order it.

my mistake, i had some other coupons in cart, after i deleted the rest, this coupon works, thanks

MeraNamJoker said:   thanks OP.. got for ~$350 before $50 rebate (after outrageous CA taxes). Also added couple of freebie stuff using coupons I got in mail. overall will cost me $300 including tax and a desk fan and wireless weather station.

Actually I posted yesterday that the offer was resurrected from a forum topic on that topic on this for the HP the first week of last month

Posted yesterday

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1261173/

looking good!

The additional 10% off 56007 code doesn't work. I get the exact same error message saying only one dollar saving code allowed. Can someone tell me how to get it to work?

56007 is $10 off, not 10% off, and it has the following exclusions:
* 5/24-5/27 coupon: Valid online or by phone only through midnight ET, 5/27/13. Not valid in store or by kiosk. Exclusions apply. Limit one per customer, nontransferable. Minimum purchase requirement of $100 must be met with purchases to which no other coupon or instant savings offer applies. May not be combined with any other coupon. No cash/credit back. Not valid on any desktop or laptop computers, netbooks, tablets, eReaders including Amazon Kindle® and NOOK®, Apple® products, HP ink and toner, Epson® ink and toner, custom printing orders placed online, services, promotional products, gift cards, Staples industrial purchases, prior purchases or any purchases on other provider Web sites. Tax and shipping not included in calculating minimum purchase.

So its basically not stackable. Thanks!

MeraNamJoker said:   thanks OP.. got for ~$350 before $50 rebate (after outrageous CA taxes). Also added couple of freebie stuff using coupons I got in mail. overall will cost me $300 including tax and a desk fan and wireless weather station.

How did you get it for $350 before $50 rebate?

any one has a link to the coupon?

cashandmorecash said:   any one has a link to the coupon?

its not a link, its a code read the top again

Also has two USB 3.0 slots and one USB 2.0 slot.

Silly question - laptop has a Staples easy rebate of $50 - HP has a rebate of $50 listed on their web site - can this be used in addition to the HP rebate. Thanks!

beavis39 said:   Silly question - laptop has a Staples easy rebate of $50 - HP has a rebate of $50 listed on their web site - can this be used in addition to the HP rebate. Thanks!

No, both rebates ask for the serial number.

The Staples is much easier, all done online nothing to mail in, no bar code to cut off as the HP rebate requires.

The rebate will come as an HP check.

The ok eMail will also come from HP..
Here is one...I got yesterday

From
Hewlett-Packard@Status.FulfillmentProcessing.com
Subject Your Rebate From Hewlett-Packard

To and my name ZZZZZ ZZZZZZ,

Your rebate check in the amount of $50.00 was mailed on 05/22/2013. Please allow up to 30 days from the Mail Date shown to receive your rebate.

Thank you for buying HP/Compaq products. We appreciate your business. For more information, including special offers on additional products, please visit your local reseller/retailer or our web site at www.hp.com

For details on Hewlett-Packard privacy policy, please visit here http://welcome.hp.com/country/us/en/privacy.html

=============================

When you file it on line at Staples this is their reply

From StaplesEasyRebates@StaplesEasyRebates.com
Subject We got it. And soon you'll get it back.

Thank you for submitting your rebate request(s) through Staples Easy Rebates! We have received rebate information for this/these product(s):

HP G6-2235US LAPTOP

We'll begin processing your request(s) shortly. To track the status of your rebate(s), click below:
http://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/staples/Search.do?claimNumber=...

For easy reference, here's the information you submitted:

Rebate Offer Number(s):3290496
Easy Rebates ID number/Order number:061305241########
Tracking number:573585767

If you have questions about the Easy Rebates or this email, please read our Frequently Asked Questions at:
http://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/staples/SplashAction.do?action...

If you need more help, please go to https://www.stapleseasyrebates.com/staples/SplashAction.do?actio... and send us an email. (Since this is an automated email system, we can't respond to replies sent to this address.)

As always, thanks for shopping Staples.

Your Easy Rebates team

I bought the Lenovo N580 at BestBuy instead for about $285 without any hassles of rebates (see other fatwallet thread).
It has the Intel B960 processor with a PassMark score of 1892, which is better than this laptop A6-440M processor score of 1626. But this laptop does have 750GB hard drive, mine only has 500GB.

LINK for specs

LINK for thread

Price is up $30 today

HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop and OOS online right now
and instock at my 2 local stores

Item: 985050 Model: C2N50UA#ABA
HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop

Reg : $549.99
Save: - $27.00
Now: $522.99
Instant Savings: - $93.00
Rebate : - $50.00
$379.99*
Each
*Price after rebate

Currently Out of Stock

OOS online - OOS all nearby stores (SF Bay Area). This is a moot question now - but how exactly do we get it to $275 from $379 it shows online?

QuasiMatter said:   OOS online - OOS all nearby stores (SF Bay Area). This is a moot question now - but how exactly do we get it to $275 from $379 it shows online?

Price went up.

There is the $75 off coupon
and a
$50 rebate from HP

Now 2 stores said all instock were for orders being held, manager may take the $30 off that they raised it from yesterday.....
Since they said come back today.....

yesidonoitall said:   Price is up $30 today

HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop and OOS online right now
and instock at my 2 local stores

Item: 985050 Model: C2N50UA#ABA
HP Pavilion G6-2235us 15.6" Laptop

Reg : $549.99
Save: - $27.00
Now: $522.99
Instant Savings: - $93.00
Rebate : - $50.00
$379.99*
Each
*Price after rebate

Currently Out of Stock

No offense OP but if you could include price math like above in original posting - then we would know right away what the equation is and it would help in two aspects:
1) People will not post asking how to get this price (like my post)
2) If any of the numbers change (e.g., online price) we would know right away.

Thus putting the price split in Original post captures the snapshot of details of deal at the time the post was made; and I think it would be a good idea. Because the link could take us to a different price/deal and we would know things have changed.

Have to agree with you. I'm getting this too to compare since there's no restocking fee. How about the customer service? I have dealt with HP before and didn't think they have good customer service either.

voonli said:   Have to agree with you. I'm getting this too to compare since there's no restocking fee. How about the customer service? I have dealt with HP before and didn't think they have good customer service either.
I deal with HP business customer service and they are actually quite good. The single time I had to deal with HP consumer customer service, they wouldn't even talk to me without a CC number and a $37.50 charge. I normally buy the ProBook or EliteBook series notebooks and turnaround time was generally in the 3-5 day timeframe when something had to be repaired. The company that I work for has an on-site contract and it's a 24 hour turnaround for most products.

It's pretty apparent to me that HP treats its business customers far better than retail customers.

MISTERCHEAP said:   http://www.staples.com/HP-Pavilion-G6-2235us-156-Laptop/product_...

Operating system

Windows 88

great, won't have to update from Windows 9 to Windows 87

AusTex Deal Seeker said:   Has HP ever worked out all of their problems with laptops overheating / fans burning out?

No they have not. I am in the market for a new laptop because my HP g72 stayed experiencing thermal shutdown after about a year. We've hung on a while but now it happens about once per day.

I have used an HP dv6-2088dx for several years without overheating. When I was looking at buying it I was concerned about HP's reliablility because of previous models overheating. My laptop has been problem free for more than 2 years. I have to warn my wife repeatedly about sitting her laptop on her lap because it will block the cooling vents on the bottom. I have seen her put the laptop on the bed which in my opinion will block cooling vents completely. i imagine some of the overheating on laptops in general is because people are not aware of the effects of blocking cooling vents on their laptops.

RE:
i imagine some of the overheating on laptops in general is because people are not aware of the effects of blocking cooling vents on their laptops.

Yes, those people should know thats why you see laptop tables for your lap to maintain the cooling ability

yesidonoitall said:   RE:
i imagine some of the overheating on laptops in general is because people are not aware of the effects of blocking cooling vents on their laptops.

Yes, those people should know thats why you see laptop tables for your lap to maintain the cooling ability

I read a study which said the heat could make us impotent.

I got one on Sunday with the raised price. Some jerk had 5 of them on hold from the Staples reserve system and could not get them all because of the limit one per customer. The rest could not be realeased until Sunday.

NasdaqTrader889 said:   I got one on Sunday with the raised price. Some jerk had 5 of them on hold from the Staples reserve system and could not get them all because of the limit one per customer. The rest could not be realeased until Sunday.

The jerk must be a jerk because he did not plan it right..

rockymast said:   yesidonoitall said:   RE:

I read a study which said the heat could make us impotent.

So is riding a bike.. oh well to late..

Skipping 1 Messages...
I bought an HP pavilion last year and the internal cooling fan broke in 6 months. Interestingly, the computer sent me a message that the fan is broken and I need to fix it. When I called HP customer service they advised me to ship it back to them and they will replace the fan for free. they are also sending me a pre-paid shipper. I can only surmise that they are very familiar with this issue and are prepared to deal with it. I wonder why they don't just fix it and avoid the warranty issues. I guess that is easy to say when you are not a hard-drive engineer.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014