• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
The deal is back!

Publix Groceries has $10 off $50 gas card when you purchase $50 in groceries.
I believe that most stores carry Racetrac & Shell cards.
One can find hard copy of these coupons in the Weekly Sale Ad papers at the front of the store, or in the Wednesday paper, or printable from their website.

Blatantly Plagiarized Fine Print
$10 OFF THE PURCHASE OF ONE (1) $50 GAS CARD
3 DAYS ONLY COUPON EFFECTIVE FRIDAY, MAY 31 THROUGH SUNDAY, JUNE 2, 2013. WITH A GROCERY PURCHASE OF $50 OR MORE.
Original coupon and single receipt for $50 grocery purchase required for each deal. Gas card(s) must be purchased during same visit. Selection may vary by store. Excluding all gift cards, tobacco, alcohol, lottery items, money services, fuel, postage stamps, and prescriptions. Customer is responsible for all applicable taxes. Reproduction or transfer of this coupon constitutes fraud. LU#14124

EDIT - title

Member Summary

$10 off $50 Gas Card - Publix
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was better back in the day when you could get as many as you wanted with no grocery purchase. I really havent bought any since I dont like to spend $50 at Publix. Its just too expensive there even with the bogo deals where they raise the prices on the item from the previous week when they werent bogo.

Thanks. I like Publix quality and they take some competitor coupons.

Speaking of publix

Did the winner of the 600 million bucks come forward yet?

I don't remember them selling the coupons without any grocery purchase. However, I do remember that the minimum grocery purchase used to be $25 or $30.

Apparently the big winner has not come forward yet.....

Record winning Powerball ticket sold at Publix in Zephyrhills
590 million bucks

busterbrown32952 said:   It was better back in the day when you could get as many as you wanted with no grocery purchase. I really havent bought any since I dont like to spend $50 at Publix. Its just too expensive there even with the bogo deals where they raise the prices on the item from the previous week when they werent bogo.

You still can "get as many as you wanted with no grocery purchase". $25 gas cards for $25 ... $50 gas cards for $50 ... no limits as far as I know.

I do not know of any "deal/coupon" that got a cheaper gas GC w/o a grocery purchase.

The prices I pay for my groceries is cheaper at Publix w/ BOGOz and mfr / competitor Qz (TQz, etc) than shopping at walmartsux, and the cleanliness, quality and customer service would be worth paying more if I had to.

And if you're just going in there to buy some BAR S "franks" ... then by all means ... continue on to walmartsux.

People can have opinions one way or another whether or not shopping at Publix is a good deal for them. If one store were the best for everyone, than the others would go out of business and we would only have the one store.

That being said, the OP should put the additional requirement in the heading. Something like, $10 off $50 Gas Card w/$50 grocery purchase - Publix

As one who has experienced the Publix "gas card" promo since it's inception ... all I can say is meh.

The promo started with $50 cards for $40 ... this was abused by the public.

The promo then moved to what I like to call the "sweet spot" ... $a $50 card for $40 IF you purchase $25 in groceries. Publix did this for a while until they ruined it (see below).

The promo them moved to getting a $50 card for $40 if you purchase $50 in groceries. At this point the promo became unusable for myself as I hardly ever spend $50 in one visit.

The promo then evolved into what you see today ... a $50 card for $40 but now the promo is only 3 days long.

The promo has now become worthless to me. In my (local) case the competition is starting to heat up the market. Publix should be improving this promo at a time when they are effectively hamstringing it.

Thanks Publix ... Before the promo I used to shop almost exclusively at your store ... now I spend upwards of 40% of my grocery $ at your competitors stores. You blew it ...

jimmybgood said:   That being said, the OP should put the additional requirement in the heading. Something like, $10 off $50 Gas Card w/$50 grocery purchase - PublixDone.

DUDSTER said:    ... etc etc ... The promo has now become worthless to me. In my (local) case the competition is starting to heat up the market. Publix should be improving this promo at a time when they are effectively hamstringing it.
Thanks Publix ... Before the promo I used to shop almost exclusively at your store ... now I spend upwards of 40% of my grocery $ at your competitors stores. You blew it ...

And who is the competition ? I would appreciate the info.

Also, the fault is not entirely Publix's ? Let's see ... at an average of 3% markup at store level ... loosing $10 off of $50 spent doesn't make much sense as a business model. So, the gas companies must be kicking in for part of the deal ... which has changed. In my area BP and other gas-co's stopped participating and now only shell and race trac do.

But as someone earlier stated ... a person has their own opinion ... although that opinion can be wrong - period. I have seen people complain about a price ... and then buy only 1 of a BOGO item.

Because of the acceptance of competitor (especially target) Qz, $5 off $25 SaveALot Qz, $5 off $30 Winn Dixie Qz, MFR Qz and BOGOz ... I usually paid a lot less than 1/2 on any grocery bill. I have pet food, candy/snacks/cookies, shampoo, laundry items, vitamins, soft drinks, seafood, frozen food, breakfast items ... (the list goes on)... to last for the next 6 months to years ... that I paid between 5 and 15% of listed price ... without an argument.

So if you don't take advantage of all the possible savings ... you won't get all the possible savings and ...

and I haven't been able to match my final price with walmartsux, bjs, costco or sams.

While Publix won't honor competitors' sale prices, true; they do honor a list (available at the CS desk) of local competitors, as Nemo mentioned.
In this area, that means that they'll take the coupons from the adjacent Target (including reprints of those pesky PINned TQz), Native Sun (health food), Whole Foods (including the monthly $10 off $50 purchase), and W-D. These are treated as manufacturers' Qz and may be combined with sales in addition to their own Publix Qz.

This means that it's always worthwhile to price compare. Publix may not always win, but they do so frequently enough that they hardly merit a lambasting.

imanemokid said:   DUDSTER said:    ... etc etc ... The promo has now become worthless to me. In my (local) case the competition is starting to heat up the market. Publix should be improving this promo at a time when they are effectively hamstringing it.

And who is the competition ? I would appreciate the info.

Also, the fault is not entirely Publix's ? Let's see ... at an average of 3% markup at store level ... loosing $10 off of $50 spent doesn't make much sense as a business model. So, the gas companies must be kicking in for part of the deal ... which has changed. In my area BP and other gas-co's stopped participating and now only shell and race trac do.

But as someone earlier stated ... a person has their own opinion ... although that opinion can be wrong - period. I have seen people complain about a price ... and then buy only 1 of a BOGO item.

Because of the acceptance of competitor (especially target) Qz, $5 off $25 SaveALot Qz, $5 off $30 Winn Dixie Qz, MFR Qz and BOGOz ... I usually paid a lot less than 1/2 on any grocery bill. I have pet food, candy/snacks/cookies, shampoo, laundry items, vitamins, soft drinks, seafood, frozen food, breakfast items ... (the list goes on)... to last for the next 6 months to years ... that I paid between 5 and 15% of listed price ... without an argument.

So if you don't take advantage of all the possible savings ... you won't get all the possible savings and ...

and I haven't been able to match my final price with walmartsux, bjs, costco or sams.

In my neck-o-the-woods the main competition is Wal-Mart Market and interestingly, Aldi. Since the kids are gone we spend a lot less on groceries than we used to. During a typical week we spend about $75 on groceries split between the three stores. According to the wife we go to the market for things that Publix can't touch on price ... including incredibly lower prices on some produce (Publix produce can be extremely expensive). We hit Aldi for about $15 per week for things that Publix/Wal-Mart can't touch. Their fruit/produce quality is touch-and-go but can be significantly cheaper.

There is an old saying that if it's in a box ... don't eat it. This is a reference to how many processed foods we eat. My wife and I have saved a lot more than money by avoiding cookies/candy and other processed foods. Yes, these foods cannot be completely eliminated from our diet (ex: pasta) but we try to limit how much of these types of food we eat. This in and of itself saves us a boatload of money.

What does a person gain if he saves a few $$$ on his grocery bill only to have to spend huge sums on healthcare, a lower quality of life and shorter lifespan? Sorry to hijack the Publix gas card deal ... I used to really enjoy it but the restrictions that Publix places on the promo these days makes it unattractive for me.

MoggieBleu said:   While Publix won't honor competitors' sale prices, true; they do honor a list (available at the CS desk) of local competitors, as Nemo mentioned.
In this area, that means that they'll take the coupons from the adjacent Target (including reprints of those pesky PINned TQz), Native Sun (health food), Whole Foods (including the monthly $10 off $50 purchase), and W-D. These are treated as manufacturers' Qz and may be combined with sales in addition to their own Publix Qz.

This means that it's always worthwhile to price compare. Publix may not always win, but they do so frequently enough that they hardly merit a lambasting.

I don't believe anyone meant to "lambaste" Publix ... I have one a mile from the house, but their prices have increased considerably lately in my area. With the decline of their main competition in my area (Albertsons) they seem to have gotten lazy, increasing prices and lowering CS. This promo just leaves a bad taste ..

hearnold said:   I don't remember them selling the coupons without any grocery purchase. However, I do remember that the minimum grocery purchase used to be $25 or $30.

Locally, the first two times they did it in 2009 it was with no other purchase. Certain stores started limiting them to two per transaction after a couple of days. Others did not. They were even giving rain checks when they ran out. After that they did the $25 minimum purchase for three years or so. I still managed to get 6 to 8 every time they did that. After it went to a $50 minimum last year I don't think I have purchased any. Still a good deal.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014