• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes
Disclaimer
Vegan Indian Cooking: 140 Simple and Healthy Vegan Recipes [Kindle Edition] - was $19.95

Anupy Singla (Author)

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008FOSJXS

Publication Date: July 6, 2012

52 Reviews ★★★★.5

#1 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Cookbooks, Food & Wine > Regional & International > Asian > Indian

Only available for Amazon.com customers in the US.

This beautiful follow-up to Anupy Singla's widely praised first cookbook, the Indian Slow Cooker, is a unique guide to preparing favorite recipes from the Indian tradition using entirely vegan ingredients. Featuring more than 50 recipes, and illustrated with color photography throughout, these great recipes are all prepared in healthful versions that use vegan alternatives to rich cream, butter, and meat. The result is a terrific addition to the culinary resources of any cook interested in either vegan or Indian cuisine.

Singla--a mother of two, Indian emigre, and former TV news journalist--has a distinctive style and voice that brings alive her passion for easy, authentic Indian food. Some of these recipes were developed by her mother through the years, but many Singla developed herself, including fusion recipes that pull together diverse traditions from across the Indian subcontinent. She shows the busy, harried family that cooking healthy is simple and that cooking Indian is just a matter of understanding a few key spices.

As Singla sees it, acquiring and using the proper spices is the key to preparing her healthful recipes at home. Singla has recently brought to market her own line of traditional Indian spice trays (also known as a masala dabba), which is being sold by retail outlets like Williams-Sonoma. Vegan Indian Cooking builds off of Singla's vast expertise in simplifying and perfecting Indian spices and unique, custom spice blends, making delicious Indian cooking accessible to even the most hurried home chef.

About the Author
Anupy Singla formerly worked as an on-air TV reporter and anchor for CLTV News, the cable arm of the Tribune Company broadcasting and sister station to Chicago's WGN-TV, and for Bloomberg TV. Her food writing has appeared in several print and online publications including the Chicago Tribune, the Chicago Sun-Times, and the wall street journal. She's demonstrated her Indian cooking skills on WGN-TV, WLS-ABC and numerous network affiliates across the country. Her previous book, Indian Slow Cooker, is a number-one bestselling Indian cookbook on Amazon.com. She lives with her husband and two young daughters in Chicago, IL.

Amazon
Get Up to 6.0% Cash Back in the Following Departments:
Member Summary

book
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
No, it's a price change. Two days ago I bought it for free, and I don't have Prime.

cuauhtemoc (Jun. 05, 2013 @ 3:12p) |

Almost sounded like Hannibal Lecter.

elizard (Jun. 05, 2013 @ 3:52p) |

I just bought it for free a couple of minutes ago and I don't have Prime so the deal is alive!

Thanks OP!

Edit: Price conf... (more)

gooddealie (Jun. 05, 2013 @ 11:52p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm amazed that anyone would pay money for a cookbook. Want a recipe? Google!

Bizatch said:   I'm amazed that anyone would pay money for a cookbook. Want a recipe? Google!

I'm amazed anyone would cook for themselves. Want to eat? Fast food!

ManuFact said:   Bizatch said:   I'm amazed that anyone would pay money for a cookbook. Want a recipe? Google!

Here's Why:

http://now.msn.com/taco-bell-shells-apparently-being-licked-by-worker-sparks-outrage

BucknifeJones said:   ManuFact said:   Bizatch said:   I'm amazed that anyone would pay money for a cookbook. Want a recipe? Google!

Here's Why:

http://now.msn.com/taco-bell-shells-apparently-being-licked-by-w...

Then, Slow Food!

Its time I start cooking Indian instead of relying on my mom's extremely delicious, hard to mimic dishes!

Wish any Shef Sanjeev Kapoor receipe books free!

manimiao said:   Wish any Shef Sanjeev Kapoor receipe books free!

All $3.99 and one $16.17

I can't find this book in the kindle store or through the link provided.
Maybe it was a price error?

Also free:

"Raw Food Diet For Beginners - How To Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Improve Your Health" clicky

"SMART SCHOOL TIME RECIPES: The Breakfast, Snack, and Lunchbox Cookbook for Healthy Kids and Adults" clicky

35 Italian Recipes For Your Slow Cooker - Fabulous Italian Meals and Italian Cuisine (The Slow Cooker Meals And Crock Pot Recipes Collection) clicky

Recipes For Gourmet Food Gifts: Edible Handmade Gifts From Your Kitchen clicky

source: techbargains.com

cuauhtemoc said:   I can't find this book in the kindle store or through the link provided.

Nope. I just bought it using the OP's link. Try searching by the item/ASIN number (B008FOSJXS).

cuauhtemoc said:   I can't find this book in the kindle store or through the link provided.

Copy and paste the link works just fine, the redirects may causes issues.

Oops. My mistake. I meant: I can find it, but I can't buy it. It says "Pricing information not available" and "This title is not currently available for purchase". Maybe it's only for US customers.
Thank you fivetalents and archena.

BucknifeJones said:   Here's Why:

http://now.msn.com/taco-bell-shells-apparently-being-licked-by-w...

Oh it's ok, I only eat the Cool Ranch Dorito ones and he's clearly licking the regular shells.

My bet is he claims they were expired and destined for the dumpster, then whether or not he's telling the truth he's fired for being an idiot... which he is, but I think that's the kind of mistake you only make once in your life. Unless you're an idiot supreme, which naturally adds tomatoes and sour cream to the humiliation of doing something that dumb again.

No, not a price error. The link worked fine for me just now. Great cookbook at great $0.00 price! I'd try again if I were you.

Bizatch said:   I'm amazed that anyone would pay money for a cookbook. Want a recipe? Google!

I completely disagree. While the internet can be a good resource, there are plenty of good recipes that aren't available online.

Thank OP. I was able to download it for $0.00

cuauhtemoc said:   ...It says "Pricing information not available" and "This title is not currently available for purchase". Maybe it's only for US customers...
use this and you'll be able to buy.

Thank you! I love her other book and have it right here by my computer. I can google, but recipes like those are not readily available, plus I needed to learn about Indian spices & beans.

Nice, didn't even know I had a kindle cloud for reading in my browser. Works great on my PC chrome browser and hope to find a Kindle Fire cheap to watch Prime movies. Makes the annual fee even more of a bargain. I've probably missed tons of free stuff already. Been collecting free Amazon apps forever, around a hundred android apps for half a dozen devices here.

Monkeybiz said:   Nice, didn't even know I had a kindle cloud for reading in my browser. Works great on my PC chrome browser and hope to find a Kindle Fire cheap to watch Prime movies. Makes the annual fee even more of a bargain. I've probably missed tons of free stuff already. Been collecting free Amazon apps forever, around a hundred android apps for half a dozen devices here.

If you have Prime many kindle books are FREE to borrow.

ManuFact said:   My bet is he claims they were expired and destined for the dumpster, then whether or not he's telling the truth he's fired for being an idiot... which he is, but I think that's the kind of mistake you only make once in your life. Unless you're an idiot supreme, which naturally adds tomatoes and sour cream to the humiliation of doing something that dumb again.

From what I know from an ex-worker, the shells are never expired and thrown out. But I'm sure that's what will be claimed. At least he wasn't bathing with the shells.

In any event, I agree this guy (and the one taking the picture) is an idiot supreme el grande'. Adding Sour cream? Let's just not go there...

For those FWers wanting to learn some Indian cooking, here is an unabashed plug for my favorite site Show Me The Curry. Hetal & Anuja (or "my girls", as my wife calls them) take you through the steps. Most recipes are accompanied by YouTube videos

cuauhtemoc said:   Also free:

"Raw Food Diet For Beginners - How To Lose Weight, Feel Great, and Improve Your Health" clicky

Was charged $2.99 for this book, check your emails!

garyreno said:   cuauhtemoc said:   Also free:

Unless the price changed since the purchase was attempted, I don't see the problem; it's listed at $2.99.

Perhaps someone was confused by the $0.00 "borrow for free" for Prime members.

elborak said:   garyreno said:   cuauhtemoc said:   Also free:

Unless the price changed since the purchase was attempted, I don't see the problem; it's listed at $2.99.

Perhaps someone was confused by the $0.00 "borrow for free" for Prime members.

No, it's a price change. Two days ago I bought it for free, and I don't have Prime.

dpid said:   Its time I start cooking Indian instead of relying on my mom's extremely delicious, hard to mimic dishes!

Almost sounded like Hannibal Lecter.

I just bought it for free a couple of minutes ago and I don't have Prime so the deal is alive!

Thanks OP!

Edit: Price confirmed as being free in the emailed order confirmation.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014