• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
SanDisk Extreme SSD 240 GB SATA 6.0 Gb-s 2.5-Inch Solid State Drive SDSSDX-240G-G25

4.6 out of 5 stars†(654 customer reviews)
Price:$149.99†&†FREE Shipping
Ships from and sold by†Amazon

Member Summary

ssd
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Not 7mm so it does not fit in my laptop, Dell 13z, without removing the shell. Does removing shell void the warranty? Looking for the Samsung 840 to be at this price since that is a 7mm design.

nice price for a Macbook Pro upgrade

justair said:   Not 7mm so it does not fit in my laptop.

Yes, at 0.39 by 3.96 by 2.78 inches (H x W x D), this is a 9.91mm drive and may not even fit 9.5mm bays without modification.

I'd check the warranty documentation that came with your Dell, check the Dell website for your model, or just call them directly. Their warranty may vary by model and merchant (e.g., proprietary models made only for Costco, WalMart, etc.).

think I payed 119 a drive at Staples over a year ago running 2 great drives

Not worry about the Dell warranty but about the SSD warranty if I remove the shell casing to fit in laptop. Does that void the SSD warranty?

justair said:   Not worry about the Dell warranty but about the SSD warranty if I remove the shell casing to fit in laptop. Does that void the SSD warranty?

Oops! I misunderstood your wording. The answer is yes. According to the quick start guide (http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11678/), "Do not disassemble the SSD in any way; this will void the Sandisk Manufacturer's warranty."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014