• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Today Only.

LINK

SodaStream Home Soda Maker Starter Kit in Red, model no. 1012111016, or Black, model no. 1012111017, for $38.99 with free shipping
1-liter BPA-free carbonating bottle
fizz-preserving cap
reusable CO2 canister

Add the SodaStream to your cart for $79.99
coupon code "GIFT4DAD" to cut it to $63.99
$25 mail-in rebate cuts it to$38.99

$25 mail in rebate LINK

Coupon Code GIFT4DAD

Home Depot
See Home Depot discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

sodastream
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Then use this kit, and never need to refill the co2 again.
http://www.geek.com/news/modding-your-sodastream-with-a-larger-c...

Soda stream had a competitor Primo. Their original kit was for a 1/2 liter bottle. They have a new model 110 which is for a 1 liter bottle. The company recently sold the business and generally got out of the business. The great thing is that you can refill the co2 canisters at any store that deals with paintball tanks. I use Sport Authority which charges only $3.50 per fill up.Big lots has the 110 kit on sale for $30. This comes with one .5 l bottle, a co2 cartridge and the machine

I originally had the sodastream but was disillusioned at having to exchange the cartridges for $15 for about $3.50 worth of gas. Amazon still has the .5 as well as the 1.0 bottles.

I know that some people will state that the gas is not pure and is not certified for the machine. I have it for many moths and there is no difference in the gas from the one that Primo sells and the commercial gas

wizardking said:   Then use this kit, and never need to refill the co2 again.

"With this device would save you $470 over the cost of purchasing 1,324 liters of soda , which makes it worth the investment."

wizardking said:   Then use this kit, and never need to refill the co2 again.

Good luck getting it wife approved.

kickerstarter said:   Good luck getting it wife approved.If your machine is in an area that needs wife approval (e.g. not in your man cave), use this instead. Completely internal.

Wait a year. You'll be able to pick them up for 5 bucks at yard sales.

VirginiaDC said:   Wait a year. You'll be able to pick them up for 5 bucks at yard sales.

Not so fast:
They sold $436 million worth last year, up 51% form 2011.
SODA (Stock) has rallied a lot due to the now fizzling PepsiCo buyout rumors, but still shows a 3 year annual growth rate of 55% and has a low debt-equity ratio of 2.81.

VirginiaDC said:   Wait a year. You'll be able to pick them up for 5 bucks at yard sales.

Agreed. Once the novelty on these wears off, they will be just a waste of counter space.

This rebate is good for any store, right?

Staples has it for $79.99
- $20 off $75 breakroom coupon (found in catalog by the door)
- $20 Staples gift card (easy rebate) exp 6/15
- $25 this Sodastream rebate

=$15 ($35 + $20 Staples gift card)

gd78 said:   This rebate is good for any store, right?

YMMV, but it would still be same price of the $25 rebate got denied (since it says no other rebates or coupons)

BeanTech said:   VirginiaDC said:   Wait a year. You'll be able to pick them up for 5 bucks at yard sales.

Agreed. Once the novelty on these wears off, they will be just a waste of counter space.

Before that it will probably show up at Big Lot.

Have any of you tried carbonating liquids other than water? There was an article in the NYT a few months back about doing this (of course, frowned by manufacturers) and it sounded like fun, although a bit tricky. I'm tempted to pick up one of these for making my own carbonated juice/wine/etc. I don't care for carbonated water.

anyone able to still order?
i tried but it won't let me check out - says they're OOS even when trying other stores in my area.

robby69 said:   gd78 said:   This rebate is good for any store, right?

YMMV, but it would still be same price of the $25 rebate got denied (since it says no other rebates or coupons)

If you purchase thru HD, you still have to use a coupon. The Staples deal looks better to me.

ComputeThis said:   BeanTech said:   VirginiaDC said:   Wait a year. You'll be able to pick them up for 5 bucks at yard sales.

Before that it will probably show up at Big Lot.
I bought 4 of these 2 (3?) years ago from this chain went out of business. Can't recall the name, but it was here on FW. I think it was a sporting goods or fishing goods store. ~$18 apiece with a $20 rebate. Sweet!

Tuesday Morning B&M stores are closing out the Primo Flavorstation units for $29.99. There are several models available including units that retailed for up to $99.99 plus they include 2 bottles. They use a standard paint ball type cartridge which has double the capacity of the Soda Stream cylinders.

rebate says end date June 20 th

Lakeside5 said:   rebate says end date June 20 thYeah. The post is from June 13th. It's not OP's fault you are reading it today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014