• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
So if I want to buy:

4 packs of photo paper;
4 reams of multipurpose paper;
1 (or 3 - ???) Kaspersky softwares;
9 paypoo readers;

then would I be able to get 20% off all that?
Also, I guess it would be possible to get those paypoo rebates using 3 accounts belonging to different people, correct?

I was able to use the 20% off with a kiosk order for the Panasonic 3-handset cordless phone. The supervisor was not willing, but when coaxed, said if it goes through he will allow it, and it did. Reg. the order of the Staples rewards being used, I used 3-4 different ones, but it seemed to give me the balance coupon on the largest of them all. It was neither the first or the last coupon used, and it was neither the earliest or the latest to expire!

prikindel said:   So if I want to buy:

4 packs of photo paper;
9 paypoo readers;

Also, I guess it would be possible to get those paypoo rebates using 3 accounts belonging to different people, correct?

What is papoo?

prikindel said:   So if I want to buy:

4 packs of photo paper;
9 paypoo readers;

If you are being silly and say Paypoo meaning Paypal......
When I did my 3, months ago all to the same account, all were bought on one receipt.

Stapler B&M is stocking Starbucks ground 1lb again, Verona, House and Breakfast @ $9.99, Bag works, and CSR did try to stack the 15%. Worked on one of the 3 I purchased. 3Lbs OTD for $4 after rewards and coupons!

597404 said:   Stapler B&M is stocking Starbucks ground 1lb again, Verona, House and Breakfast @ $9.99, Bag works, and CSR did try to stack the 15%. Worked on one of the 3 I purchased. 3Lbs OOD for $4 after rewards and coupons!2 percent coupons generally do not work but the fact the 15% worked on just one is strange given it is an all coupon.

yesidonoitall and mathfaster,

Thanks! I checked and the ooma 20% discount worked today at my Staples!

Went to Staples with a $141 rewards coupon. bought 3 paypal readers and 4 photopapers. handed the cashiers the 20% off coupon. Then showed her the $5 off $25 app coupon. Subtotal was around $84. Then my $141 rewards. The register showed a total of -$.03 with no mention of the rewards balance and would not let her complete the sale. She cancelled the order and called for help. I told her to just forget about the app coupon. Another cashier comes over and tells her to ring the items back in with a subtotal of $105 plus taxes. Then proceeds to say the rewards need to go in first and scans the rewards before I could say NO!!! Out prints the receipt and and my balance check for $36. Second cashier voids the order, out prints a balance reward coupon for $105 that has to be used in one sale, he calls the manager and takes off. Manager comes over and I made a remark about potentially getting screwed out of $21 in rewards. He looks at me all pissed off and says it wasn't intentional. He goes to the office comes out with a stack of $10 coupons, rings in the items, then rings in the $10 coupons until the balance is zero. Takes my rewards check and throws it in the trash and hands me 4 more $10 coupons and walks away.
So in total $141 rewards check turned into a $36 balance check, $40 in coupons, $45 paypal credit, $47.96 in rebates and one pissed off manager.

harry12345 said:   Went to Staples with a $141 rewards coupon. bought 3 paypal readers and 4 photopapers. handed the cashiers the 20% off coupon. Then showed her the $5 off $25 app coupon. Subtotal was around $84. Then my $141 rewards. The register showed a total of -$.03 with no mention of the rewards balance and would not let her complete the sale. She cancelled the order and called for help. I told her to just forget about the app coupon. Another cashier comes over and tells her to ring the items back in with a subtotal of $105 plus taxes. Then proceeds to say the rewards need to go in first and scans the rewards before I could say NO!!! Out prints the receipt and and my balance check for $36. Second cashier voids the order, out prints a balance reward coupon for $105 that has to be used in one sale, he calls the manager and takes off. Manager comes over and I made a remark about potentially getting screwed out of $21 in rewards. He looks at me all pissed off and says it wasn't intentional. He goes to the office comes out with a stack of $10 coupons, rings in the items, then rings in the $10 coupons until the balance is zero. Takes my rewards check and throws it in the trash and hands me 4 more $10 coupons and walks away.
So in total $141 rewards check turned into a $36 balance check, $40 in coupons, $45 paypal credit, $47.96 in rebates and one pissed off manager.
Now you just need to go back and get that balance coupon from the trash!

I had an interesting encounter, too. I felt bad for the manager who drew the short straw when I came up to the register. One mondo size Brother ink cartridge to get my credit for the 9 carts I had to recycle plus 3 Paypal readers. Then I asked after the Windex products, which she cheerfully added from the website with free shipping to home, since they didn't stock them. I commented about feeling bad about making so much work for her (because their system really is screwed up), gave her the Rewards, but forgot to point out I printed them back-to-back. So she returned a couple of items so she could apply the second Reward coupon. In the end, it was so balled up that I ended up still having some credit, but I had gotten more Rewards credits than I was entitled to, so no worries. She said it was all good, but I expressed concern it was coming out way in my favor. She said don't worry about it, she hooked me up. That's why I always go to that store. Never, ever an issue.

I still feel bad for the people dealing with the system. I tried to do an above-board simple purchase and one little error and the whole thing gets out of hand.

harry12345 said:   Went to Staples with a $141 rewards coupon. bought 3 paypal readers and 4 photopapers. handed the cashiers the 20% off coupon. Then showed her the $5 off $25 app coupon. Subtotal was around $84. Then my $141 rewards. The register showed a total of -$.03 with no mention of the rewards balance and would not let her complete the sale. ...

I thought the Staples register system changed a few years ago that if you used Staples Rewards, the Staple Rewards are deducted first and the 20% afterwards on the balance. Hence in the above case, the Staples Rewards brought the purchase total to $-0- and thus the 20% doesn't even get used.

Some years ago, it used to be like that with some kind of Staples $/$$ coupons. Now it is the way it ought to be. Except when using manu coupons. They cannot be used before rewards.

Anyone knows if 50% off Pentel q and $40 rewards q will work with this 20%? Anyone tried?

They have Pen-tel pens for $5 & highlighters for $10, and there is email q for 50% off Pentel.

zmaster said:   Anyone knows if 50% off Pentel q and $40 rewards q will work with this 20%? Anyone tried?

They have Pen-tel pens for $5 & highlighters for $10, and there is email q for 50% off Pentel.

I would think you will get 20% off of what the charge was after you got 50% off.

Just tried to use 50% off Pentel and 50% sharpie along with 20%. It does not work. Cashier had to remove these items from the bag and ring them up separately to get 50%. But ended up with an extra bag for free.

JamesTKirk said:   I like how it says in big letters at the top it's good on ink and then in the fine print it says not good on Epson and HP ink.The coupon I got does NOT have the HP exclusion. The 5 digit code is different than the one posted here (61004 vs 92350). What are the odds it will actually work on HP? I need to buy ink to be able to recycle.

http://f.e.staples.com/i/25/2068345218/61004_coupon_code.pdf

georginahs said:   Just tried to use 50% off Pentel and 50% sharpie along with 20%. It does not work. Cashier had to remove these items from the bag and ring them up separately to get 50%. But ended up with an extra bag for free.Probably would have worked (i.e., not needed a separate transaction) if you had scanned the 50% off coupons first, no?

Of course, these bags are great for grocery shopping so an extra is always good.

billrubin said:   JamesTKirk said:   I like how it says in big letters at the top it's good on ink and then in the fine print it says not good on Epson and HP ink.The coupon I got does NOT have the HP exclusion. The 5 digit code is different than the one posted here (61004 vs 92350). What are the odds it will actually work on HP? I need to buy ink to be able to recycle.

http://f.e.staples.com/i/25/2068345218/61004_coupon_code.pdf
My understanding is that you should not have an issue. Staples posted on Facebook when asked about the ink exclusions that they are contractually obligated to include that verbage. The register allows it though some coupons exclude HP ink and/or Epson ink. Just keep in mind any 10% ink discount you might have and any freebie coupons would prorate against the ink (like the free bag). This is only a concern if you are very close to $30 in net spend.

mathfaster said:   
My understanding is that you should not have an issue. Staples posted on Facebook when asked about the ink exclusions that they are contractually obligated to include that verbage. The register allows it though some coupons exclude HP ink and/or Epson ink. Just keep in mind any 10% ink discount you might have and any freebie coupons would prorate against the ink (like the free bag).
This is only a concern if you are very close to $30 in net spend.
I would get them to ring up the bag separately. And the 10% ink discount should show up automatically, and then the 20% goes on top of that.

Short of waiting to see what (if anything) the 6/30 ad will bring on ink purchases, this seems to be my best bet if I need to buy ink to be able to recycle this month.

I checked prices online and was able to get 2 of the $20.99 HP 940 colors, $18.89 with my 10% off and $15.11 with the 20% off. So $30.22 for 2 cartridges and it gets me 6 months of ink recycling. And my printer actually uses that ink, although I really didn't need ink. I had them ring up the bag separately so none of the 99c coupon applied to the ink to mess things up.

That is a smart thing you did over there.
I just saw my ink purchase posted today, seeing it almost messed up my recycling:

My purchase:
$38.99 ink + 0.99 bag + $5 case for nook.
after 20% coupon, the actual receipt showed $7.8, 0.99 and $1 off, respectively, i.e., I paid $31.19 for ink, $0 for bag, and $4 for the case.

My online history lists my total spend as: $30.50, $0.78, and $3.91. So it seems that they added $0.78 to the bag, but deduct the same amount to the other items, distributed proportionally.

If the ink was $37.99, this would push the ink purchase below $30.

billrubin said:   I checked prices online and was able to get 2 of the $20.99 HP 940 colors, $18.89 with my 10% off and $15.11 with the 20% off. So $30.22 for 2 cartridges and it gets me 6 months of ink recycling. And my printer actually uses that ink, although I really didn't need ink. I had them ring up the bag separately so none of the 99c coupon applied to the ink to mess things up.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014