HDMI to VGA Adapter Lenovo $10 FS

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Lenovo
See Lenovo coupons that earn Up to 3.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

HDMI to VGA Adapter Lenovo $10
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Not sure exactly how much this WILL do but fo $$8.99 (yes, coupon is now taking #21 bucks off) AND free shipping, I don'... (more)

bmwpc (Jun. 18, 2013 @ 3:44p) |

please delete

bmwpc (Jun. 18, 2013 @ 3:46p) |

Wow, if you live in raleigh, shipping is faster than email. Ordered on the 17th at 9:20a. Received the 18th at 3p. Re... (more)

HKStallion (Jun. 19, 2013 @ 7:19a) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

says $29.99?

fatxman said:   says $29.99?

Coupon code supplied by OP to drop it to $10

fatxman said:   says $29.99?

Did you use the coupon code???

Any experience with these know if the reverse will work send VGA to HDMI?

ok, curious, what are these used for? If it is HDMI, why wouldn't someone use that? if it switches it to VGA, wouldn't that be a decrease in quality?

ten and with FS. quite a good deal!!

should enter the code

FrugalFreak said:   ok, curious, what are these used for? If it is HDMI, why wouldn't someone use that? if it switches it to VGA, wouldn't that be a decrease in quality?
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) to VGA (Video Graphics Array)
I'm not sure of the application as you only have video output and lose audio.
Now the opposite would be a nice device for $10 by cutting down the tangle of wires. Unfortunately, here's one for $94:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=810549&is...

brusbrother said:   FrugalFreak said:   ok, curious, what are these used for? If it is HDMI, why wouldn't someone use that? if it switches it to VGA, wouldn't that be a decrease in quality?
HDMI (High-Definition Multimedia Interface) to VGA (Video Graphics Array)
I'm not sure of the application as you only have video output and lose audio.
Now the opposite would be a nice device for $10 by cutting down the tangle of wires. Unfortunately, here's one for $94:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&sku=810549&is...


VGA to HDMI is more complicated than HDMI to VGA. Hence why it costs a lot more. Encoding analog-to-digital is always more expensive than digital-to-analog decoding.

The device in this deal is good for taking HDMI signals and using them on VGA projectors.

In for 1. It probably doesn't support HDCP but I can't get a clear answer. If it does support HDCP content, it's an epic deal.

brusbrother said:   I'm not sure of the application as you lose audio.

Or you could add THIS

in for 2. thanks

perfect for my ATVI 700t smart PC as it only has HDMI or USB displayport.

even the generic converters are more than this.

SOme newer laptops, especially Ultrabooks, ONLY have HDMI output and some home monitors, especially older ones, do NOT have HDMI inputs, only VGA or DVI. For those instances, this is the best option.

I manage an IT HelpDesk and will buy a couple of these to keep around as many people bring in their personal laptops all the time.

In for 1. Thanks OP


Thanks OP. In for 2. I have a bunch of 15inch VGA LCDs that I wanted to use with my Raspberry Pi's, this will be perfect.

raman117 said:   Is this any different than the one from Newegg? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882241175

Those VGA to HDMI passive cables for the most part are fake. They only working in about 1% of the time when you have a legacy HDMI 1.0 connection that has pass-through analog.

cnIsfg said:   raman117 said:   Is this any different than the one from Newegg? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882241175

Those VGA to HDMI passive cables for the most part are fake. They only working in about 1% of the time when you have a legacy HDMI 1.0 connection that has pass-through analog.


Not quite. HDMI 1.0 does not support analog output (for video, it does for audio of course).

What that cable from Newegg is for, are the few video cards that output VGA illegally through HDMI and need that special cable to do it. Typically you find video cards with DVI and a special adapter that uses its analog output. But, as cards got all SLI-y, card makers axed the DVI port, and created this cable to work around it.

It's technically an HDMI violation, so the HDMI forum made the card makers quit it. Mostly. Today most cards offer a DisplayPort and use that for VGA.

Needless to say, I work in this field... it's not fun when people break specifications.

If you have Amazon Prime you can get one for about the same price: http://www.amazon.com/Black-Input-Adapter-Converter-Laptop/dp/B0...
Looks like no name opposed to Lenovo. Haven't used either so can't comment on quality.

First saw Lenovo Publisher HDMI to VGA adapter, I am more concerned about who this is OEM, price is always my greatest concern, is the most important question!

FrugalFreak said:   ok, curious, what are these used for? If it is HDMI, why wouldn't someone use that? if it switches it to VGA, wouldn't that be a decrease in quality?

Yes, but if you move your laptop (or whatever device) around to various places, not everyone has HDMI. One time I was doing a slideshow from my laptop and the projector at the event only had VGA input. Luckily they already had a converter like this because they ran into the problem before and didn't want to spend the money to upgrade the projector, so I used the converter and an audio cord to the speaker system.

in response to OP I had to buy one of these as I have Late 2012 Mac mini but the monitors I use are old and won't detect DVI, so had buy one of these.

Would this be used for VGA multi-monitor support if you had a laptop that only output HDMI?

I don't really think I will ever need this, but in the FW spirit In-4-1 anyways. Thanks OP.

USP1JU439903 is now taking $21 off for a total of $8.99.

Got one last time, and it didn't work on any of my machines. Ordered this one instead:

http://www.amazon.com/Cable-Matters-Active-Adapter-Charging/dp/B...

But Amazon is full of $10 ones that are just as highly rated.

Question,

If I have a Dell PC w/o HDMI (VGA only) and a 22" Monitor with HDMI capability, will this allow me to use the PC as an HDMI output to the monitor?

Sorry if I sound "dumb" asking, but I really am not sure if it works "both ways" or just for a non HDMI monitor.

MISTERCHEAP said:   Question,

If I have a Dell PC w/o HDMI (VGA only) and a 22" Monitor with HDMI capability, will this allow me to use the PC as an HDMI output to the monitor?

Sorry if I sound "dumb" asking, but I really am not sure if it works "both ways" or just for a non HDMI monitor.


No, you'll need something that is the other way around - VGA to HDMI. Around $35 on Amazon.

scoobydooby said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   Question,

If I have a Dell PC w/o HDMI (VGA only) and a 22" Monitor with HDMI capability, will this allow me to use the PC as an HDMI output to the monitor?

Sorry if I sound "dumb" asking, but I really am not sure if it works "both ways" or just for a non HDMI monitor.


No, you'll need something that is the other way around - VGA to HDMI. Around $35 on Amazon.


OK, thanks! wasn't sure.

Is there anyway to get the audio out of the HDMI. This device provides the video out. Would be helpful to use my MK808 with a LCD monitor that just had VGA and audio in.

works fine with Dell. Does not work with MAC

Veeekay said:   Is there anyway to get the audio out of the HDMI. This device provides the video out. Would be helpful to use my MK808 with a LCD monitor that just had VGA and audio in.

Found it. For about the same price on eBay from China.

Not sure exactly how much this WILL do but fo $$8.99 (yes, coupon is now taking #21 bucks off) AND free shipping, I don't think you can beat it. Plus the fat cash. And if you count the ten to twenty minutes you'll spend looking and possibly more time you'll wait for it and then assuming it's at least the same quality ......... it ain't worth my time. Thanks again OP.

please delete

Wow, if you live in raleigh, shipping is faster than email. Ordered on the 17th at 9:20a. Received the 18th at 3p. Received the item shipped email this morning.

edit: Confirmed to work with ativ 700T and vga monitor with a regular to micro hdmi adapter.

unit is very nice with wrap around cable, so when unused, it is just a small sleek 2x2 box. cable extends to ~2"

highly recommended.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014