Groupon: $25 for $40 Staples Gift Card

Archived From: Expired Deals
  • Go to page :
  • 1 2 3
  • Text Only
Aapun said:   I guess it is safe to say that payments done using eGift Card can be combined with other Staples coupons.Not an issue. Egift card is a cash equivalent. Same as saying coupons can be used with cash.

Just got one, thanks OP!

You have to paste http://www.groupon.com/deals/staples into the browser bar
on the ShopDiscover Groupon Local page

Thanks OP. Pick one up and used it already along with the 20% bag discount. Maximized the benefits.

Thanks, op!

ohkeedohkee said:   Still a noob at Groupon, I guess: it appears to be one per physical address. I've tried different email addresses and various other credit cards. Shot down.Thanks, won't bother trying it on my wife's account .

Staples easy rebate newb here:

if i purchase an item with a SER,.and i use a Staples rebate card. will my SER be diminished to the value purchased minus Staples rebate card applied?

07pilot4me said:   Staples easy rebate newb here:

if i purchase an item with a SER,.and i use a Staples rebate card. will my SER be diminished to the value purchased minus Staples rebate card applied?
No.

Got in for 2 before I started getting rejected by Groupon, played with the way I typed in the address

Too bad I don't have a Staples, just an OfficeMax. but thanks!

hamspamwich said:   Thanks OP! And thanks jatan for the CashBack clarification. I hope you're right.I've done it that way before for other sites so it shouldn't be problem as long as Discover pays c/b on GC purchases

snmathew said:   Could someone please explain again how to get ShopDiscover 10% cash ask again. Tried to go to ShopDiscover and the local Groupon - not able to pull up Staples deal. Thanks.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1279870/m17812270/#m17...

In for 2. Had to create separate account and use a different CC. Same tactic didn't work for a 3rd though... kept getting rejected.

billrubin said:   ohkeedohkee said:   Still a noob at Groupon, I guess: it appears to be one per physical address. I've tried different email addresses and various other credit cards. Shot down.Thanks, won't bother trying it on my wife's account .

I was able to get one for myself and one for my spouse--same address and phone number, different credit cards and emails, of course. We each had exisiting Groupon accounts.

jatan1986 said:   hamspamwich said:   Thanks OP! And thanks jatan for the CashBack clarification. I hope you're right.I've done it that way before for other sites so it shouldn't be problem as long as Discover pays c/b on GC purchases

snmathew said:   Could someone please explain again how to get ShopDiscover 10% cash ask again. Tried to go to ShopDiscover and the local Groupon - not able to pull up Staples deal. Thanks.http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1279870/m17812270/#m17...

It might not work YMMV
I did it with the starbucks Groupon last week and i did not get any CashBack. Went through shop discover and pasted the link for starbucks same trick as here but no CB

ty OP, in 4 1
Aapun said:   I guess it is safe to say that payments done using eGift Card can be combined with other Staples coupons.
Yes

Great Deal! Thanks OP!

Thanks OP!

givememoredeals said:   It might not work YMMV
I did it with the starbucks Groupon last week and i did not get any CashBack. Went through shop discover and pasted the link for starbucks same trick as here but no CB
You can try contacting Discover using your online account to see what they say about the missing Cash Back -- they'll probably give you a manual credit

When you go through a Cash Back portal (ShopDisc/FW/etc) it creates a unique tracking link and places a tracking cookie on your computer -- once you get to the site you can click on items or copy/paste direct links in the same browser and its basically the same thing since the tracking cookie is still there

Has anyone gotten c/b for buying GCs on Groupon in the past?

glockophile said:   In for 2. Had to create separate account and use a different CC. Same tactic didn't work for a 3rd though... kept getting rejected.Clear your browser history -- I stopped at 8 eGCs last night since I still have a few hundred in regular Staples GCs so I didn't want to stock up on too many (8 diff Groupon accounts using 8 diff emails & CCs, changed the address a little on few accounts)

mathfaster said:   07pilot4me said:   Staples easy rebate newb here:

No.

SER is like cash.

If you use Staples rewards to purchase an item with SER I believe it will diminish the value of the SER.

Updated: Ooops...made a mistake,

I meant to say that Staples Rewards will diminish the value of the purchase products if they come with another Staples Rewards value, not Staples easy rebates.

Sorry folks.

HKSturboKid said:   mathfaster said:   07pilot4me said:   Staples easy rebate newb here:

No.
SER is like cash.

If you use Staples rewards to purchase an item with SER I believe it will diminish the value of the SER.
NO! NO! NO!

tried with separate account with same address but different email and CC. Didn't work.

Sorry, we are unable to process your order at this time. Please contact Customer Service for assistance.
$40 Staples eGift Card (REQUIRES online redemption, follow instructions)

Thanks OP - In for ONE

Thanks OP

Thanks in for one

HKSturboKid said:   mathfaster said:   07pilot4me said:   Staples easy rebate newb here:

No.

SER is like cash.

I believe nothing can further diminish your value to the forum.

Thanks OP. With my $10 off Groupon coupon and my $50 off next purchase from the lovely assistant at my local Staples, I think I'll pick up a nice cheap tablet for the kiddo...

I used my earlier today with the 20% bag coupon to get two of the Logitech T620 mice on clearance at Staples for $19.99. $34 OTD for two and I still have $6 remaining on the Staples eGc to spend! My real net after the Groupon eGC discount is around $9.50 for each t620. Thanks OP!

No.

SER is like cash.

You have confused using rewards on a rebate item(SER) with using rewards on 100% back in rewards item.

mathfaster said:   HKSturboKid said:   mathfaster said:   07pilot4me said:   Staples easy rebate newb here:

No.

SER is like cash.

You have confused using rewards on a rebate item(SER) with using rewards on 100% back in rewards item.

Yup. I guess so. Thanks for clearing that up.

I was able to get two: one for me and one for my wife using two different credit cards and two different e-mail addresses.

In 4 one. Thanks OP!

Shame this is "instore only" usage , but since it does not expire ; it should come in handy sometime down the road ... thx .

Specialbrew said:   can i buy itunes gift cards with it?

I think you should be able to. I believe at Best Buy you can use their gift cards to purchase iTunes/Amazon gift cards.

mathfaster said:   Egift card is a cash equivalent. Same as saying coupons can be used with cash.

Cash can be used to buy gift cards & VISA MC pre-paid cards.

jatan1986 said:   Terms on the bottom: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/giftcards/index.html

Not found. If it did exist, you would think that sellers would link to it.

Stop announcing that you got one. NOBODY CARES. Congratulations. It's not an accomplishment and it's not YMMV. Cluttering up the thread with "n41 thanks" makes it hard to cull out any useful info.

JiggleTheHandle said:   jatan1986 said:   Terms on the bottom: http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/giftcards/index.html

Not found. If it did exist, you would think that sellers would link to it.
Copy/paste into new browser -- the FW autolink probably screws with it

http://www.staples.com/sbd/cre/marketing/giftcards/index.html

Website shows both GCs and eGCs -- terms are the same for both

PROTECT THIS CARD LIKE CASH!

Instructions: This card may be used just like cash toward the purchase of merchandise and services at any Staples U.S. retail store; your receipt will show the remaining balance on the card. For balance, or if you have questions, call 1-888-609-6963 or visit Staples.com/giftcards. Value can be added to this card at any Staples U.S. retail store.

Terms and Conditions: Valid only if purchased from a Staples U.S. retail store, at Staples.com® or from an authorized reseller or distributor, or received from an authorized distributor; Staples reserves the right to not honor cards obtained from unauthorized sellers, including Internet auction sites. Card has no value until activated. Lost, stolen or damaged cards replaced only with valid proof of purchase to extent of remaining card balance. May be used only in Staples U.S. retail stores. Cannot be used for credit card payments or to purchase other gift cards (including Staples Gift Cards) or wireless cards. Not redeemable for cash or credit except where required by law. No more than five cards may be used for any single purchase. Cards may not be consolidated.

Card issued by Staples Value, LLC.

went to cardcash.com and sold it for $33. meh, free money is free.

MrVietnam said:   Thanks OP. I had a $4 credit on my account, so I was able to get the $40 gift card for only $21. Like the above poster mentioned, this week you can buy 4 photo papers (using 20% off coupon) and cash out your gift card right away if you wish.
Thanks Mr. V & OP. I had $10 credit in my account expiring today!

"The option you have chosen is sold out."

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014